Hogwash
Years ago

NBL Boomers v Imports

As we don't get an All Star game thought I would go hypothetical with Aussies v Imports.
North v South is the other option if anyone wants to pick them.

Imports; Boomers;
Trice. Martin
Cotton. Goulding
Conger. Creek
P Ellis. Kickert
Boone. Brandt

Shorter. Cadee
Sosa. Gliddon
Randle. Sobey
Clarke. McCarron
Buford. Kay
Tokoto. D Johnson
Childress. Humphries.

Would be a cakewalk for Imports IMO.

Topic #42590 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Would be a cakewalk..."

If so they could brand it as "The Daylight Game"

Reply #668883 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

History of these games suggests the Boomers win easily just because they've played so much together, whereas the imports are coming together and basically scrimmaging.

Reply #668905 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Think the inports would win. Each team now has 3 inports so the pool is much bigger than other years. The Aust talent rap on the bench looks average

Reply #668915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Ware? No Felix? lol. Melbourne are on top for a season yet you list washed up imports and second rate imports over these two

Reply #668926 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

In fairness ware has been inconsistent this season and Felix has played like 4 games

Reply #668930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll be the same with the Australian side with Melbourne on top and only Goulding as a representative.

Reply #668932 | Report this post

Southern Joe  
Years ago

There was a lead up to an Olympics about 20 or so years ago when the All Star game was the Boomers vs an import side.

I'm not a fan of all star weekends but I liked this game.

Reply #669141 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I'd leave Clark out this year.

Reply #669208 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

McCarron should be starting regardless of who he plays for, Boomers or North, that boy is an absolute superstar and he must be getting a rub down three times a day as he is carrying the Taipans on his back!

I'd be very fascinated by the Boomers game and I'd have maybe Anstey and Longley as coaches or maybe even Cal Bruton or Geordie MacLoud. Just like how Rugby League state of origin has coaches not associated with any clubs so it makes it more fair that nobody is poaching imports for next season.

Maybe this game could be on after the grand final series?

Reply #669697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:35 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754