LC
Years ago

Dante Exum could be back after All-Star break

Exum could be back on the floor sooner than expected, with recent news reports that he could begin working out and participating in non-contact basketball activities. The Salt Lake Tribune has reported that Exum is aiming to return after the All-Star Break, which would provide him with some important court time and potentially momentum heading into 2018/19.

Dante Exum possibly returning after All-Star break

Topic #42608 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne United fans so excited to follow his progress as he develops into there starting point guard for the 2020 season!

Reply #669345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can actually realistically see Exum in the NBL

Reply #669361 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

he'll be a marquee local signing for MU

Reply #669368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stop dreaming, Dante will play in the
nba for the next decade.

Reply #669371 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah people are calling an end to Dante in the NBA way too early. The kid is still only just the age of most NBA rookies right now. You're all acting like he's mid-late 20s and still not producing.

Reply #669390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stop dreaming, Dante will play in the
nba for the next decade.
I think this would be an interesting bet. With some sort of stake in play, I wonder how a poll would go if you asked all professional players in Australia.

Average NBA career is 4.8 years from the first source I found online. Career-ending or -impeding injury would be a factor too.

Reply #669396 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

What we know;

Mitchell is the guy in Utah

Dante will be a restricted free agent.

Not many teams have cap space

Dante is still a young, interesting prospect who at 6"6 with a 6"9 wingspan can make an impact on the defensive end.

What we don't know.

If he is a point guard

If he can he shoot (could have probably put this in the what we know category)

If he can stay healthy

How much the Jazz will be willing to spend on a back up guard

If another team will take a flyer on him due to his unrealised potential

Reply #669410 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

He was actually killing it in preseason before his injury. Worth a risk for a team to get him. Will not get a big contract though

Reply #669423 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I thought prior to this injury that he was playing his best basketball so far, his finishing with length was as good as any.

Reply #669433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What has he really done though. Killing it in preseason is way different to regular. Had one good junior international tournament then was put in cotton wool and hasn't really seen much of him. Probably true indication is if Jazz sign him again, they've seen him for years, if they think there's anything left they'll grab him. Another team might take a flyer on him on a make good contract like Waiters, but it'll be tough for him. Probably head to Europe for a decade or so then maybe come home.

Reply #669454 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Exum won;t be with the Jazz when they have Neto who'll be significantly cheaper and alot less injured.

Exum will probably have to take a pay cut if he even gets a decent offer at all compared to what he is getting paid this year.

Based on what he has produced he is certainly in the bust territory and if he bounces out of the league he is a massive bust for Utah

Reply #669478 | Report this post

bankedshot  
Years ago

Dante will re-sign with Utah. They project him to team up with Mitchel as the starting back court next season hopefully. They keep saying they have him in their long term plans. I trust it. It'll be a cheap deal though.

Reply #669545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754