Anonymous
Years ago

Lebron would meet with Warriors if they had max

There has been a bit of insider talk about LBJ going to the Warriors in the off-season. If this goes through the Warriors are looking promising for the future. New starting lineup:

PG: Curry
SG: Thompson
SF: Lebron
PF: Durant
C: Draymond

Warriors just have to clear some space e.g Iggy and Livingstone.

Dubs looking good!

Topic #42630 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://es.pn/2nwCM6B

Reply #669804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron would be the pf.

Reply #669805 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

They'd have to clear Klay too.

The article was simply LeBron wants to test FA and he'd "take a meeting" with the warriors if they are able to offer maximum

Reply #669806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a complete joke if it happened.

Reply #669807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can keep klay but LBJ would have to take a relatively small cut of 4-5mil. Small price to pay for potentially 7 more rings.

Reply #669811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Celtics still better.

Reply #669812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened. There has been heaps of talk about this. The biggest concern is lack of depth after losing Swaggy P, Livingston and Iggy. But with a starting lineup here there will be plenty of ring chasers looking to sign on with vet minimums e.g David West. Dubs should be able to get another ship with this lineup.

Reply #669813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope king lebron plays with prince Simmons.

Reply #669815 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Does anyone know if 'cap holds' exist under the current CBA?

If so, it's impossible for the Warriors to sign LBJ in free agency for anything remotely close to a max deal AND keep their core of Curry-Thompson-Durant-Green.

Even if Durant declines his player option for next season, there is a cap hold for I think 120 or 130% of his 17/18 salary ($25,000,000) still on the books - unless the Warriors renounce their rights to Durant... which isn't happening.

Basically they would have to trade for LeBron. I can't work out why this is the case:

"To make a sign-and-trade possible, Golden State also would need Kevin Durant to decline his player option and take even less than his current annual salary of $25 million"

Reply #669820 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lebron will go to Houston I think; the Rockets will try and trade away Anderson if they fail this year; his $20m per year is ridiculous for a 10ppg and 5rpg PF who is very limited defensively.

They could lineup like:

Paul
Harden
Ariza
Lebron
Capela

Gordon 6th man;

Reply #669837 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Also; as much as I hate GSW, I wouldn't mind Lebron going there (if they can retain their headline stars or just about all of them)/or to Houston because then that may be the final straw for the NBA to finally make some changes to stop these superteams forming;

Right now; the NBA doesn't want to admit they have a problem and that there is still a "contest" - which is rubbish.

They may stop the rot if something as big as this happens e.g. hard salary cap, no more luxury tax payments etc.

Reply #669838 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Agree MADCUB. Another reason why the NBA is boring, along with the lack of defence played. These supermax teams being formed which seems to be getting worse.

May be great for GSW but how does that do anything for the 29 other teams that cant win the championship with one of the few current contenders now (Cleveland) certain to drop out of contention and join the majority of the league that cant win.

And along with watching 20+ point wins most nights with no defence, wouldnt it get boring even for GS fans who will see their team just coasting in like they are now.

There will be no competition soon.

Reply #669852 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't like the superteams forming either but if they are a business success, that might be enough to sway the league. Blockbuster TV match-ups, etc.

But then, while it was nice when Wade, Bosh and LeBron led their respective teams, we had the reverse happen too with Durant, Westbrook and Harden splitting up, before they coalesced again in each case with PG, Melo, CP, Durant joining GSW.

Hopefully LeBron joins the 76ers. They are looking one piece off getting especially powerful.

Reply #669858 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Damn this pisses me off so much. i know this is currently just hearsay based on nothing really, but the notion of it is bulls&ht.

Reply #669859 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

The Sixers are also an Embiid back spasm away from being really ordinary for a long time yet. Still a lot of holes in that roster regardless of how good Simmons or Embiid might become.

Reply #669860 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Don't get too pissed off Smith. This 'revelation' is more about LeBron and his people putting pressure on the Cavs to make a trade or two before the deadline nothing more.

The Warriors won't be in a position to offer LeBron a max contract. They would need Durant to opt out and come back for a further discount and would need to at least trade one of Klay Thompson or Draymond Green and possibly both. It's not happening this about strong arming the Cavs.

Reply #669864 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

I miss the NBA in the 90's (pointless statement, but totally feeling this right now)

^ Zodiac, yes you're right. It's "business" it is just super annoying and i am sick of hearing about where LBJ might move.

Reply #669882 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

The bulls were the superteam if the 90's. So many Allstars during that time- Jordan, pippen, horace grant, Rodman, bj Armstrong etc.

Reply #669914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Warriors need the help.

Reply #670211 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

From an ESPN article published today:

"Behind the scenes, James has acknowledged the respect he has for the Warriors organization, a source familiar with James' thinking told ESPN, but he has no interest in ever joining Golden State, knowing full well how his legacy would be damaged if he was labeled a ring chaser on a championship-ready team."

Sports 'journalism' is such a joke.

Reply #670310 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

"would need to at least trade one of Klay Thompson or Draymond Green and possibly both".

Hmmm wonder how much this is from Le Brons camp to try and shake up the warriors knowing that they would need to make a trade to get him.

If taken as half serious it could divide a locker room.

I dont think so...

Reply #670335 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754