Anonymous
Years ago

Surely Gleeson is gone after this season?

Surely he's gone after this season? Guy has run his course.

No sign of adjustments to even come closer after HT.

Topic #42650 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBL would be a better place for a Trevorless league.

Reply #670754 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Male chauvinist pig without the chauvinism

Reply #670765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Won the championship last season, too 4 this season. That would be a brave team to sack a coach with a winning record.

Reply #670767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His team hasn't lost this season yet despite today's result. There are four other sides that would love to be in Perths position.

Reply #670772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, let's measure him against the four bottom feeder sides. Umm no.

Reply #670778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fans of 7 teams are happy to see Gleeson stay I'm sure ;)

Reply #670779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm certain the other teams would be happy with back to back championships as well.

Reply #670792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not about the past. It's about now. People love using that fallacy.

Last season has no effect on winning it this season against a stronger top four and a useless import.

Reply #670797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Translation
weaker roster = worse results therefore the coach must be crap
lol

Reply #670801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has lost nothing yet.

Reply #670803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imploding Perth (idiot) fans. Fantastic to see.

Reply #670807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Respect is not nothing

Reply #670808 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

Wow.

I don't like Gleeson, but I don’t like broccoli either. Doesn’t mean they’re not good for you.

Reply #670815 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Is it the same anon after every wildcats loss lol

Reply #670816 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

Are the tweets coming from the stadium? Has anyone seen a phone in Matty Neilsen's hands during the game?

Reply #670818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"It's not about the past. It's about now. People love using that fallacy."

That is not a fallacy.

It IS about the past. Everyone wants to hang shit on him for not planning for future etc but his team has won three out of four titles. That's his job, to deliver titles.

Name me an NBL coach that has got one eye on the future while also hoisting trophies every season.

Reply #670820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Are the tweets coming from the stadium? "

This is a forum, not Twitter

Reply #670821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson is a top coach. Just because they don't win every game doesn't mean he should go. Adelaide are pretty good too, you know.

Reply #670822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny thing is that I am a Sixers supporter and you could say all that and more about Joey!
Unfortunately the Adelaide fans once the most knowledgeable are in the Collingwood category.

Reply #670825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah. perth lose a few and their fans lose it.

Reply #670826 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

YES! Let's sack the coach who won last year and the year before and another two years before that. He has 3 titles in the last 4 years, so clearly he is bad at coaching.

Reply #670832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does last season help us right now? Exactly. Not too bright most of you.

Reply #670833 | Report this post

wildcats80  
Years ago

The trolls on this forum are a crack up. Hes 4th, one game from second and he has to get sacked. Hes won 3 out of the last 4 championships, dug the team out of a hole last season, this season is once again a very even comp, cats lots have thump the current teams sitting 2nd and third in the last 8 days by 17 and 21 points, sure lost today, and you want in sacked. Geez the mind boggles

Reply #670861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is an easy target. A lot of the other coaches aren't any better and they get the free pass.

Reply #670863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No in game adjustments just gave up this afternoon. Yet people defend him, wow.

Reply #670866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree. He did put it away but it is a marathon not a sprint and he's won quite a few of them recently.

Reply #670868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a 28 game season and the top four super tight it's not a marathon. One or max two games per week you don't just put games away. This isn't the NBA.

Reply #670869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good in-game adjustments from Gleeson today. Arrested the 36ers momentum in the 3rd quarter and then went on a good run to close the quarter. Then comprehensively won the 4th. Turned around a 28 point blowout and ended as only a 12 point loss. Well coached.

Reply #670883 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Looked more like the 36ers ran out of legs

Reply #670885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unlikely. 36ers younger and deeper then Perth.

Reply #670886 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Didn't play the bench though and the game was over anyway.

Reply #670892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

look it's not Gleeson's fault that his bench players are too rubbish to put on the court. opps actually yes it is since he does the recruiting.

Reply #670896 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I thought Gleeson was going to cry at one stage.

Reply #670899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must live a sad life Udog.

Reply #670905 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

It's wonderful actually. Especially today watching Perth look so inept.

Reply #670907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your team has been inept for a decade. Perth are coming to an end of the greatest dynasty ever. I know which one I'd rather be a part of.

Reply #670908 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

"Greatest dynasty ever". They're in the NBL mate. The league and most of the teams were pretty inept the past decade before the new ownership. How many championships came out of Melbourne from all the now defuct teams? Brisbane and Sydney folded and 36ers were close and the talent was drained from the league. 8 championships in 36 years is better than the rest, I'll give you that but put it into perspective.

Reply #670912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Perth can nab some Adelaide talent next year. Wouldn't that be nice :)

Reply #670917 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Sack Gleeson...Huh?
looks to me like his players are letting him down..

Reply #670918 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Same shit was being said last year when Cats were last, ffs give it a rest. He's a good coach and I doubt he is going anywhere. Every time the Cats start losing, ppl want to put his head on the chopping block.

Reply #670935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players are letting him down hey? It's part of his job to get them up for such a crucial game with an adequate gameplan is it not?

Reply #670936 | Report this post

Rabbit70  
Years ago

Gleeson is a fantastic recruiter.

Reply #670969 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Swap you Fearne & Jawai for Gleeson!

Reply #670984 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No sign of adjustments to even come closer after HT.
Got it to 12. Not a panic inducing loss, surely?

Reply #671020 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

2 all between Perth and Adelaide with all home games winning.
Makes it hard to say who is better.
Adelaide will probably stay ahead on ladder unless they drop one of their remaining games.

Not a panic loss tbh.

Reply #671023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So now Gleeson is getting credit for the final margin going down to 12 in junk time? Seriously? Okay that confirms this place is full of pro-Gleeson trolls despite no one liking his demeanor nothing that goes wrong is his fault. But if anything does go right - hey what an elite coach! Amazing.

Reply #671149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No such thing as junk time with % on the line. Both teams were playing starters till the end

Reply #671153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers clearly put their foot off.

Reply #671155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For once its the Perth fans imploding rather than the 6'ers fans. Fantastic to see.

Reply #671156 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

Def not panic inducing. Played well below average but got it back to 12 which is a net gain over the weekend. If 'Adelaide 'took their foot off the gas' then that was foolish, % matters. That will give confidence to the cats in knowing that Adelaide don't play good 2nd halves.

Reply #671166 | Report this post

Three to make Two  
Years ago

"Won the championship last season, too 4 this season. That would be a brave team to sack a coach with a winning record."

Didn't Perth sack Cal Bruton after he won a championship?

Reply #671335 | Report this post

Pork  
Years ago

Seriously who is the loser that keeps posting this shit about Hleeson? I find it absolutely hilarious to suggest the most successful coach ever from the most successful team in the league should get the sack. Get a life. Gleeson will win WA Coach of Year tomorrow night at the WA Sports Awards I bet but yah...let's sack him. Go back to your sofa and eat Doritos and coach from there, that’s where you belong.

Reply #671435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"most successful coach ever"

Now this is getting ridiculous now. Goorjian is the most successful coach with six titles and a crazy amount of wins at a 70% clip.

Reply #671441 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Pork probably meant [most successful [coach ever from the most successful team in the league]], not [most successful coach ever] [from the most successful team in the league].

Gleeson is absolutely the most successful Wildcats coach ever. He's the only coach with multiple titles, having claimed three already, and tied for first in grand final appearances with Rob Beveridge. He's second in seasons coached, and thus playoff appearances, behind Alan Black by just two years.

Bruton, Black and Beveridge all got released/not re-signed immediately after grand final appearances, including a championship in Bruton's case. Arnold was sacked just one year after a championship as well.

Reply #671444 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So reading about all those coaches going after championship series wins/ loses it's not unreasonable to suggest Gleeson may get the flick next year?

Reply #671446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its possible, yes. If the club is going to rebuild then they might as well start at the top.

Reply #671457 | Report this post

Pork  
Years ago

Gleeson getting the flick lol. He's got another season on contract and has already been offered an extension if he wants it. What a bunch of numnuts on here.

Reply #671735 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

EXCELLENT point pork.

There are more calls on here for Gleeson to get sacked than Gaze to get sacked FFS.

Gleeson is an outstanding NBL coach by ANY standard.

Reply #671742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely, you'd think so.

Reply #671928 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I can understand the negative feelings for Gleeson but you haven't suffered 4 years of Marty Clarke so count yourselves lucky.

Reply #672047 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

And aren't currently having to deal with Gaze as your head coach... Wildcats fans need to suck it up and stop being so precious and spoiled...

Reply #672053 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

What can I say, "Don't Feed the Troll."

Reply #672174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the Sixers and Kings fans above - yes, as Wildcats supporters we are spoiled but so used to a high standard that we want upheld.

He gone yet?

Reply #672178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wasn't this thread started at the start of the season then? Players underperforming. Gleeson fault. Of course. Crap.

Reply #672185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeya Trev.

Reply #676951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754