Teys suspension downgraded to one game

Topic #42669 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rightfully so if DKD got 2 games.

Reply #671406 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There's a harsh but slightly funny joke on Twitter suggesting that Adelaide were hoping it'd get revised to four games on appeal. Never any love for the glue guys!

Reply #671413 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Teys playing like he was earlier in the year I'd have taken 4games

Reply #671421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth players get fined better than Adelaide players. Perth fans probably

Reply #671449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a joke. If Teys did not cheap shot in the first place, game would have ended. And don't give me that crap about Perth disrespecting the game by trying to score. Play til the final whistle.

Reply #671490 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I thought he'd get 0 games.

Reply #671496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Me too. It was a standard USF and was correctly called at the time. No more penalty is needed for Teys just because DKD completely lost his shit and started a melee.

Reply #671498 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Dkd responded in the same way that any other player in that situation would have reacted,
the melee started when three Adelaide players then took him to the floor in a headlock

Reply #671500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is breaking Hoops records for posts by dumb people

Reply #671504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DKD responded like a brainless tool. Instead of getting the points, the free throw, possession, and a suspension for Teys his stupidity cost himself a 2 game ban plus plenty of dollars out of his teammates pockets. All for what gain?
So I repeat. Brainless tool.

Reply #671506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what does that make Teys then?

Reply #671509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it makes him a hothead who is arguably unlucky to have to miss a game over a standard USF

Reply #671512 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Lets flip script, are you telling me creek wouldn't have done the same or worse than dkd???

Reply #671569 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

www.news.com.au/sport/adelaide-36ers-coach-joey-wright-confused-captain-brendan-teys-suspended-for-illawarra-clash/news-story/9f1d05dfd0a1818234380a8061896fda6

This article makes a good point about the consistency of decisions when dishing out suspensions (whether you agree with Tees getting a game or not).

Reply #671572 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think 1 game is fair enough for Teys. I was hoping he'd get zero, but when you consider what Clint Steindl got his USF for, Teys probably should have been looking at about a 2 month ban for his thug move ;)

Reply #671575 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Again. Consistency.

Reply #671578 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Looking at the two actions in isolation, then penalising DKD harder is certainly justified.

However, with that approach why weren't the bench players penalised more severely???
The tribunal accepts that they were provoked by DKD's action, but doesn't accept that he was provoked?

Reply #672886 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Will Teys even be in the league next season?

Reply #672887 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Looking at the two actions in isolation, then penalising DKD harder is certainly justified.

However, with that approach why weren't the bench players penalised more severely???
The tribunal accepts that they were provoked by DKD's action, but doesn't accept that he was provoked?
Or possibly their choice of what to charge people with has more options than "did a thing" and "did not do a thing".

Reply #672896 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Provocation is used as a partial justification/defence for an act.

Just because someone commits an USF, doesn't mean you can claim it’s reasonably provocative - otherwise it’s a slippery slope, we can justify melees for any perceived slight or little foul.

Perth always perceive to be slighted on every call ever and we don’t need them being encouraged to be even more physical, they already get away with enough dirty elbows shirt pulling and pushing players off balance. We don’t need to encourage Perth to think DKD kamikaze is acceptable behaviour.

Reply #673176 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Next season I'd like to see NBL stadiums have better padding along the baselines, sprung ropes down the sidelines, and each team should be able to nominate 2 kamikaze players per game, but of course with contact with knees or below, or above the shoulder, still prohibited
#NBLX

Reply #673190 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Drmic & Sobey are nominated for Adelaide

Reply #673191 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I'm hanging out for the NBL to put on the first game played in a cage, Luuuc.

NBLX could be swimming pool sized five point super baskets at each end with no defenders allowed in the back half. Media could tell us what a high octane, high scoring thrills & spills basketball version it is. Supporters could be given a hammer upon entry to hit themselves over the head with, thus making them simple enough to clap their hands together like flipper over it all.

Reply #673192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut said it best. Want a higher scoring game? Just increase the amount of points you get per score. Problem solved.

Reply #673195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"They (Perth) already get away with enough dirty elbows shirt pulling and pushing players off balance."

Been waiting for weeks for KET to actually give specifics. He still can't.

Reply #673197 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If you didn't see it for a decade of Redhage and co, anyone could show you anything no matter how blatant and your brain wouldn’t let you believe mate. You’re a lost cause.

In all honesty, both the thug stuff and the little sneaky hits or shirt pulling shouldn’t be allowable in the game, it’s a crap way to play the game it’s treating it with disrespect and the NBL shouldn’t be so scared to get rid of it even with post-game punishments. The old gorj days we used to see this too, turns the game into a drag.

Reply #673204 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754