Chewie
Years ago

Cavs trade IT, Wade, Rose, Crowder, Frye, Shump

So the Cavs trade 6 rotation players at the deadline. I can't say I remember a playoff team ever doing this at the deadline.

New starting 5 projecting as

G Hill
Clarkson
Hood
Lebron
Nance (they will probably stick with Thompson, but nance may edge him in the next few weeks)

Biggest loser in this is maybe Isaiah Thomas.....clearly not going to get offered the dollars in LA at season end.

Seriously stunned.....

Topic #42682 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They traded Thomas, Frye, Crowder, Rose, Wade, Shumpert.

Reply #671592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But kept JR Smith... Dan Gilbert is an idiot

Reply #671594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^^^^ LeBron needs shooters mate. That's why Korver and Smith are still there.

Reply #671602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though I don't like cleveland I have to praise them for admitting they were wrong in getting old guys like wade and rose who are useless in today's fast pace game and actually getting players that will improve them.

Reply #671603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the way Thomas is up there with anthony as worst player to have on a team at the moment. Why would anyone want to get thomas?

Reply #671604 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

So does this all but confirm Lebron is leaving next year?

Reply #671640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will be a legacy of LeBron's career - playing with 6632188954368 teammates who regularly got discarded when things weren't going right. It doesn't make him look good.

Although in saying that Cavs needed to do something and wow did they ever.

Reply #671648 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

It will be funny if this trade now helps the Lakers sign LeBron

Reply #671657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas's contract expires so the Lakers will probably not sign him and have heaps of cash to spend. After this years struggles cant see him getting anywhere near a max. In fact who would want to sign him really.
Curious about the Wade trade though, he must have wanted out of there badly.

Reply #671659 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Thomas screwed himself when he said he wouldn't sign for less than max while at Boston.

Reply #671710 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

First couple of games for the Cavs will be interesting. Minimal offensive or defensive principles in play with maybe a walk through....in saying this, that will probably look better than what they've given recently regardless........hope they start running.

Reply #671727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully lebron to Philly.

Reply #671728 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

JR Smith must have photos of Bron nude with Gilbert??

If im GM hes the first to go.

Bron picks & chooses who comes & goes...

Reply #672329 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

BTW i'd love to see Dwight Howard go to Cavs.

Playin great & wants a ring...

Reply #672330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:45 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754