Isaac
Years ago

Angela Marino

I thought she deserved a fresh topic of her own.

For those new to this, Angela Marino played with Sturt in the Women's ABL this year. She was born in New Zealand and was picked for their Women's Olympic team. In NZ's first game, against the US, Marino led her team with 13.

I found a photo that explains why she was 1/15 from inside the 3-point line, and 5/6 from outside in the game against Korea:

She finished with 19 in that game; equal second best for NZ.

By the way, look at the empty seats. Still 2m tickets unsold in Athens and I've heard that the IOC is ordering that tickets be given away to get fans in because it looks embarrassing.

Topic #427 | Report this topic

Libertine  
Years ago

Don't forget to mention she's only bottom-age U20s....making her turning 18 in 2004.

Reply #3221 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

I heard that they only sold 2.5million tickets to this Olympics, of their target of 5mil.

At Sydney over 9mil tickets were sold, at higher prices.

1/15 2pt FG, lols..

Reply #3224 | Report this post

Billo  
Years ago

She looks a bit sheepish in that photo.

Reply #3225 | Report this post

snodog  
Years ago

Well done Angela. It's a pity Phil Brown didn't regonize your talent. Yet another loss to us. Phil - You don't have to come from Vic or be 6 foot plus to success.

Reply #3230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its awesome! Good for her!

Reply #3259 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

good picture - Sturt make sure she is happy - you are on a winner - go Angela

more court time than Laura in the opals!

albeit a slight difference in quality of the teams

Reply #3301 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

top scored against spain...

Spain 45 91
New Zealand 29 57
Spain: Laia Palau 15, Nuria Martinez 14, Madariaga Valdemoro 10, Marta Fernandez 9, Elisabeth Cebrian 8, Elisa Aguilar 8, Begona Garcia 7, Lucila Pascua 7, Marina Ferragut 5, Ingrid Pons 4, Rosa Sanchez 2, Sonia Blanco 2
New Zealand: Angela Marino 21, Donna Loffhagen 16, Gina Farmer 14, Leanne Walker 2, Aneka Kerr 2, Kim Wielens 2

Reply #3687 | Report this post

Angela rox!!! She defies the belief that you have to be tall to play basketball at the top level!

Reply #57680 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

Unfortunately for her she has now been found out and spends most of Canberras games on the bench...

Reply #57698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do u mean she has been found out u probably couldn't even dream of doing the things she has done your just jealous go angela U ROX

Reply #57700 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is just a shame that as a point guard she has no mentality about playing for the team. sad. i saw her play some games near the end of the season for sturt. she just tried to do it all herself, which inturn ended up hurting the team. go sturt.

Reply #57708 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Angela could always play for norwood they are after a point guard?

Reply #57710 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

This is going to sound like a contrived story, but I was in her class in Yr9 in Whyalla and she is the most arrogant person you are likely to meet, and was determined she was going to be a star. I wish her all the best.

Reply #57713 | Report this post

she's played at an olympic games and did very well. that's more than pretty much everyone here has achieved!

Reply #57714 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

To true, but unfortunately has reached the zenith of the trip (Maher has gone) its all free flight from here.

Reply #57724 | Report this post

GrEeN  
Years ago

Chimbu why dont you just shut up u have no idea what you are talkin about angela is a great player u r so jealous ur just probably a player that she beat along time ago so stop bagging her out go angela U R a star

Reply #57752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angela has more guts in her little toe than most of her team mates put together, other wise she would have left the caps weeks ago. Go Angela you will prove your worth at the Commonwealth Games next year and at the Olympics in 2008, while Graffy and the rest watch on T.V.

Reply #58755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know about guts, but she certainly has the looks. She is the best looking of all the caps and entertaining when she gets the chance to show it. Imagine the Alana/Angela show. Wouldn't that be entertainment plus but I guess we will never know.

Reply #58756 | Report this post

WiTuIL  
Years ago

I reckon she is so HOT! but she also has the talent and brains to back it up. YUM!

Reply #59441 | Report this post

KayKay  
Years ago

Shes my idol bcoz even though she doesnt always have the height shes shows that she can still use her other abilities to her advantage.She is an inspiration to all short people!!

Reply #59786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

she's is awesome i think she is a great player and she is so hot!!!

Reply #59919 | Report this post

allstar  
Years ago

Angela are you writing these posts about yourself??
hehe, i wouldnt put it past her!

Reply #59948 | Report this post

sturt groupie  
Years ago

I think you will find that Angela wouldnt even bother with a forum like this, she would be out training, shooting hoops or studying for her Law exams.

Reply #59984 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

GrEeN, and sturt groupie,you both may be right.

What was being pointed out was that basketball wise at the WNBL level she is finished at Canberra...which WNBL team will sign her next.

Reply #59985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

a good point but why does everyone bag her and as if she would write on this herself and i think she is a great player but everyone has their own oppoion

Reply #60078 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

how can she be finished, she's 18 years old??

Reply #60142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chimbu, I don't think there is any team in the WNBL who wouldn't be glad to pick up a talent like Angela and give her twice the time she is getting with the Caps. I bet Graffi will have egg all over her face after the Comm. Games, especially if the Caps don't win this season. My tip for next year Adelaide.

Reply #66871 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

If your saying that she is going to play for Adelaide there will be at 7 guards in the team. That's with Chris asking about other guard I know of as well. Maybe not a good move for her.

Reply #66874 | Report this post

melody ratapu  
Years ago

Reply #71883 | Report this post

melody ratapu  
Years ago

angela marino is the best and if you dont think so you are just jelouse, donr be moking her, if you do....
you best fan number 1 fan melody ratapu

Reply #71885 | Report this post

melody ratapu  
Years ago

she is the best player in the team she can shoot from the half way mark doesnt that tell you something?
yes it does that she has good talent

Reply #71887 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Angela Marino is a great shooter, no question about it. The thing that I dislike about her is she is a shoot first pass second guard and her running jumpshot... Well.. It speaks for itself :P

Angela Marino is still a top player and will continue to improve! She isn't the best though... Who would you rather have Lauren Jackson or Angela Marino?

Reply #71896 | Report this post

melody ratapu  
Years ago

angela marino ov corse

Reply #85484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the game between New Zealand and Australia in Beijing tonight and she was very very wonderful.

Reply #183775 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Thanks Vince!!

Reply #183790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If she was very, very, very wonderful my dear she'd be playing for Australia and not NZ. She's a very, very, very wonderful NZ player which says it all.

Reply #183794 | Report this post

>>  
Years ago

New Zealand beat Australia.

Reply #183811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once in a blue moon the unusual occurs.

Reply #183829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Angela, you are the angel in my heart! Support you!

Reply #184273 | Report this post

Hot hot hot  
Years ago

Great baller this girl on both ends of the floor

Reply #508893 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:02 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754