Anonymous
Years ago

Randle still not signed yet

The Kings haven't yet enacted their option on Randle for next season. What’s the hold up?

Topic #42706 | Report this topic

Reality  
Years ago

Perhaps the new coach won't want randle

Reply #672553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HE could be headed to Perth ?

Reply #672555 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Perhaps the new coach won't want randle

lol... wishful thinking...

When I talked to JvG a couple of weeks ago, he said for all intents and purposes, he's signed, but they were wanting to make the announcement nearing the end of the season and as a grouping of sorts with some other stuff...

No idea what any of that other stuff could be, maybe they are waiting to have member sign up deals and announce that Rome is coming back at that time? At least that could maximise the impact?

Last game of the season coming up this Sunday, so time is running out to leave fans with something positive moving forward...

Reply #672556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't they say that they can't actually pick up the option until after the season?

Reply #672557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't actually pick up an option untill his current contract year has expired.

No point taking it now anyways.. what if something happens with a plate of food or something again

Reply #672563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, the optioned can't be picked up till after the season.

Reply #672564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how quickly the Sixers fans turned on their former golden child and made him the scapegoat for their first round exit last season.

Reply #672565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it was a bit more complicated than that.

Reply #672566 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Where did they do that? So I can have a read

Reply #672568 | Report this post

Guessing the Kings have the same issues that the 36ers had. More than meets the surface on this one.

Reply #672571 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

The Randle camp is an odd one...there is a reason his longest stint at any club over his career has only been 2 seasons.

Reply #672585 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

A much shorter career so far, but the same can be said about Casey Prather as well... and pretty much every other import that has come to play in Australia in recent years...

I love how quickly the Sixers fans turned on their former golden child and made him the scapegoat for their first round exit last season.

Considering how many games he's won them off his own back when no-one else stepped up, they were lucky to have been where they were with hardly anyone other than Sobey stepping up... Shorter seems like a much more well-rounded fit for the team this season, but with Moore and Childress to support him as imports and other locals ACTUALLY stepping up and DJ having a quality season as well, it's like comparing apples and oranges...

Randle isn't perfect and he has his good and bad points, but for Sydney, he's a great add for the team in what is a very fickle sports market that needs that flashy player that can back up the talk...

If nothing else, they need to decide and announce Randle so they can start building the team for next season NOW instead of at the last minute like most other seasons...

Reply #672587 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Randle brought life back to the 36ers and I was sorry to see him go because he is so entertaining and also reigning MVP. I like how entertaining the whole team is now though but I'm still a Randle fan. I've never watched so many Kings games before this season.

Reply #672589 | Report this post

SIXERS VOICE  
Years ago

Maybe the elephant in the room is not about Randle's on court performance but people associated with him causing issues much the same as what happened when he was at the 36ers.

Reply #672666 | Report this post

Wonder why he only lasted a few games in Turkey on his massive multi year deal

Reply #672673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good grief. The crap that's spun by people on this board is ridiculous. Randle and his 'camp' have been nothing but model citizens in Sydney. The guy has been great for the Kings, the club loves him, and he will be back without a doubt.

Reply #672678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Model citizen.......until signature?

Reply #672687 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

He and his camp were model citizens in his first season in Adelaide too.

Reply #672693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The grapes are most sour in Adelaide it seems.

Reply #672697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still the honeymoon period in Sydney.

Reply #672700 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Possibly sour grapes in Adelaide....or are they still wearing rose coloured glasses in Sydney?

Reply #672793 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Isn't SA good whine country?

Reply #672798 | Report this post

Where are all the Adelaide fans hating on Randle? I've seen a couple of "you said you'd never play for anther NBL club" comments on social media, but the vast majority are "Wish you were still playing for us" "Love watching you play" type stuff. A lot of Adelaide kids still fans too, he ran some camps and generally did some quality work out in he community while in Adelaide. He's running another session in Adelaide soon which i'm sure will be well attended.

Reply #672805 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I reckon he's still a sentimental favourite with majority of 36ers fans.

Reply #672824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who else do you have?

Reply #672827 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Sour grapes? Old grapes?

The older the grape, the sweeter the wine.

I think Sydney's more champers than Rose wine.

Reply #672830 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Loved watching Randle at the Sixers, but as the second season with the Sixers went on Randle seemed to become more about his own numbers, battles with opposition imports (Ware, etc). The bowing out in the finals came straight back to Randle. In Illawarra Sixers came from behind to lead the game by playing a team game, the last 5 mins Randle decided it was only him who could win the game and ended up losing us the game by trying to take on the Hawks by himself and forgetting about his teammates which carried into the final game and erupted in the grandstand at the end.

Reply #672894 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:26 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754