The Final Round

Predictions?

I see it as this:

Adelaide beat Brisbane
Perth split - lose to Melbourne, beat the Taipans
New Zealand split - beat Hawks, lose to Kings
Melbourne - win both (Perth and Hawks)

Anyone else?

Could be really interesting to see how this plays out as 3 teams are trying to finish as high as possible.

Topic #42708 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers should win finish 2nd can't see much in Sixers loss at home.

If Perth split they will finish 3rd

If Perth lose both games go 4th

If Nz win both both they finish 3rd

If nz lose both finish 4th

Melb play no
Adelaide play Perth

That’s my predict

Reply #672574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who gets the spoon?

My guess would be the loser of Sydney & Brisbane

Reply #672577 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide should win stay second.
NZ to win both and get 3rd.
Perth to split and finish 4th.

Reply #672580 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Brissy will win and put a spanned in the works

Reply #672581 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spanner

Reply #672582 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It could go any number of ways. That's the funny thing about this season... so unpredictable.

Sydney are interesting. I really think they will beat NZ this week.. unless there are some injuries or players out. I'm presuming Penney is back this week too.

I'd be surprised if the Sixers lose to Bris without Buford.

Reply #672583 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Perth would be hoping Melbourne are in cruise mode and drop their game.

Reply #672586 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Hoping so, yes. But in reality I think they're in "just starting to realise how good we are" mode, and only getting hungrier.

Reply #672592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So true. Melbourne are on a roll :/

Reply #672593 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Hard to see past Melbourne this season.

Reply #672599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne may just took at their game against Perth as who do they want to play in the semi's

Reply #672602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They'll want Perth in 4th no doubt.

Reply #672626 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

They may well want Perth to finish 4th but that still depends on Adelaide and Breakers results.

Reply #672628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh of course. I'm just not confident of how the Cats have been playing. Last weekend it was like they decided not to show up at all... scary at the business end of the season. And they've looked off since Damo hurt himself and sat out particularly.

New Zealand are pretty unpredictable too though.

Reply #672631 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Cats oughta rest up and tank the final round. If they want to win the title they'll likely need to go through both Adelaide & Melbourne to do it. The order is kind of irrelevant compared to being healthier & fresher.
Manage the minutes, and guys currently playing injured should just sit right out.

Nice situation for Adelaide having only 1 game this round, while MEL, NZ, PER all have 2.

Reply #672632 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Who we got for Coach of the Year?

Vickerman or Wright?

Reply #672635 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Brisbane v Sydney. I know we all should care, but we should all care about recycling too.
Breakers v Hawks. Both teams playing ordinary ball, Hawks more so.
Melbourne v Perth. GOTR. I think the fans of 7 teams are United in their opinion on who should win.
Sixers v Bullets. If the Sixers don't win this, they shouldn't be 2nd
Melbourne v Hawks. Mmmm roasted Hawk with Vickerman's 11 secret herbs and spices
Kings v Breakers. One final chance for the Kings to get the wooden spoon.
Cats v Snakes. What's better than a Cairns win in Perth? Two in a season.

Reply #672639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ILL NZB again again?

Reply #672649 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Tank the final round by resting up?

There's still a break before finals right?

Teams with fewer boomers may benefit from having the whole squad together to train.

Reply #672662 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Big night from DJ with the Sixers looking for the big fella all night. This is the one game they want to win and have DJ destroy them from outside and inside. The whole playing group would not be impressed by him missing out, it just doesn't make sense. There is no quick footed 4/5 spots in the boomers opposition therefore his lateral defence won’t be a risk. His massive points would be a bonus.

Reply #672665 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

This round is all about NBL Fantasy Lol

Reply #672685 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

If you're Melbourne, would you rather play Perth or the Breakers in the semis?
Which is the more arduous travel?
And then do you want the tougher travel to make it harder on your opponent, or do you want a more rested path to the GF?

Generally, I would say to never write-off Perth in the finals, but its hard to get excited with some of the lacklustre performances lately.

Any sign that Joey is about to have another meltdown? Cos that would be entertaining.

Reply #672711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say Melbourne would want Perth in the finals...they've struggled against NZ and Perth are looking depleted.

Reply #672746 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

The two week break will do wonders for a lot of team's.

Reply #672777 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I'm not sure if United would have a clear preference.

United lost 6 in a row before beating Perth recently, and lost 10 of 11 against NZ before beating them twice in short succession last week.

Those 6 losses to Perth were mostly by very small margins, whereas I can't recall but I suspect some of the NZ ones were more comprehensive losses with some very close losses there too.

Either way, the point is United hasn't been successful against either team over the past season or two.

In my mind, Perth is still the more dangerous outfit because their best is better. They have a higher ceiling than the Breakers IMO. Cotton is better than anyone on the Breakers roster and if the team gets back in form, they are the more worrying opponent.

But- it doesn't matter. United has to believe they are good enough to beat anyone.

Reply #672809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks to lose both and claim the spoon

Reply #672864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I get what you're saying LV. I do believe Perth have another level, they just can't seem to get there. Their interior is really weak and they have no depth.
The Steindl/Cooke thing was really dumb IMO.

Reply #672882 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754