Isaac
Years ago

Bullets vs Kings, Feb 15

The cellar dwellers each sit on 9-17 meaning there might be a bit to play for here. With results going their way, either team might even sneak up to 5th or 6th? Cairns are 11-16 and Illawarra 10-16.

Kings won the last match-up 92-80.

Your tip?

Topic #42712 | Report this topic

TimberBall  
Years ago

Kings to win the 'Who Cares Cup'.
Sydney have turned their season around but didn't make the required changes till to late.
What has been wrong with the Bullets since their return? Bad management?, coaching?

Reply #672783 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Bullets have only had their full 11 man roster healthy for one game this year. Not sure how other teams have fared in this department as a comparison.

Reply #672790 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sydney

Reply #672792 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Sydney by a mile.

I can only hope Brisbane's continual incompetence means they won't be in a position to poach the latest crop of Taipans players again this year ;-)

Reply #672797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide.

Whoops, wrong thread...

Reply #672801 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Sydney should get this one although I think many Kings fans will be hoping they don't so Gaze doesn't get to stay on thanks to the late season rally.

Reply #672802 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Sydney I think and hopefully Bullets fans give Peach a good send off in his last home game.

Reply #672804 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Going on form you'd probably have to say Sydney, but don't put it past Brisbane to have one of their rare games where some players play out of their skin...

Hopefully Peach gets to start his last home game and goes out in style with a win...

Reply #672806 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"I can only hope Brisbane's continual incompetence means they won't be in a position to poach the latest crop of Taipans players again this year ;-)"

The incompetence was probably transmitted from Cairns.

Stop worrying about the poaching, clue : its not poaching, Cairns wouldn't have made the playoffs with Trice anyway, not when the other two imports are Egwu and Evans Jr.

Reply #672815 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Humphries out for the rest of the season with an eye injury.

Reply #672819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets wont last beyond next season.
Mark my words

Reply #672856 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The last couple of weeks Ellis' effort on defense has been a heck of a lot better.

Reply #672857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Kings start playing well when there season was over LOL
A word of warning....what happens at the end of this season has ZERO bearing on next season

Reply #672861 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

In the Kings' case I'm not sure that's true.

Reply #672863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As soon as the Kings have something to play for, they FAIL.
Will happen again next season

Reply #672865 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

OK Nostradamus.

Reply #672866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait and watch
It is COMPLETELY different playing when the ONLY expectation you have is to suck.

Reply #672868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's like someone dropped a Magic 8 Ball in here.

Reply #672869 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Kings form turned around with the arrival of Randle. If they get him back they may be alright next season?

Reply #672888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And it looks like the Coach who has excluded DJ from the Boomers despite being proven to be worthy being the only Australian in the top 12 stats for the season, has taken his team to the Wooden spoon. No excuses. Accountability should be demanded and questions should be asked.

Reply #672890 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Randle had an impact with his arrival but it wasn't noticeable on the W-L. They really turned it around when Lisch came back, Tyler got booted, Garlepp put back into rotation & they put Thoseby in the doghouse.

The coaches are 'crowing' about their defensive schemes after they took minutes away from two rookies in Thoseby & Singh then gave them to Lisch & Garlepp. An ex-DPOTY & savvy vets who had more inkling in their pinkies about positioning than those 2 noobs.

Fair enough its bad luck with Lisch, but going with Garlepp earlier & perhaps Jameel McKay instead of Tyler might have done the same trick.

Reply #672892 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Exactly, preach brother Steve!

Randle has had an impact for sure, but Lisch coming back has been the real catalyst to their actual wins...

If they'd gotten an experienced PG to start with, a legit big (when they could have gone with Maric or Gladness, according to my chat with JvG) and they'd be playoff bound, even if Lisch still went down...

Gaze's eyes lit up when Trigger told him that the Kings were the top defensive team in the last 5 games, and with no doubt not getting the Wooden Spoon (although consecutive 2nd last place finishes isn't all that much better), lots of excuses, lots of bullshit, lots of inflated numbers against poor opposition and that will be enough to save his job, sadly...

Reply #672908 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

On a Bullets note though, I'm with the commentators (Harvs the most I think?) in that I was very disappointed that the entire team couldn't get motivated for their last home game and seeing Peach off with a win... No wonder there were only a handful of people in the stands...

Reply #672909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No surprise the crowd was poor. Incredibly dumb having a Thursday night 6:30pm tip-off at the Entertainment Centre.

Unless you caught a train, nobody wants to sit in two hours of traffic to watch a dead rubber. LK spruiks how progressive the league is, wondering if anyone will have the smarts to push back local start times to 7:30pm and get rid of the silly midweek games. Should be Fri/Sat nights and Sun arvos only for Brisbane.

Reply #672919 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I want Saturday games to start at 7:30-8 the 5 PM starts on Saturday are a joke. I come home from cricket and it's already 630. Haven't been able to go to a Saturday game all season.

Reply #672956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754