Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Bullets, Feb 17

For the Sixers, this is a dead rubber. No pressure on them. They're locked into 2nd spot so won't want to take too many risks this game.
For the Bullets, win this one, results go your way and there's a chance they get off the bottom. A chance..

BUT, this game is not about these teams, this game is all about a common factor, Anthony Petrie, the Peach. This is his very last game on NBL spanning over a decade and spanning over 5 NBL clubs.

He is a great team man on the court and off the court he is a loving father and husband who loves fishing and hunting.

While the result doesn't matter this afternoon, I hope the home crowd gives Peach a rousing applause, and I wouldn't shed a tear if the players gave him a few easy shots and easy boards to round of his remarkable career.

Topic #42727 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Congrats to Petrie on a good career.
Knowing second spot is safe should see Adelaide play bench guys plenty of minutes in this game.
Sixers by 8.

Reply #673215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankfully Adelaide have taken longer to lock up top 2 and Joey can't throw a bunch of games and form away at the same time this season.

Reply #673220 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Hopefully we will see an up tempo game from the Sixers and many more three point attempts than usual. Sixers outside game is still unreliable, lacking confidence and we seem to shoot less threes than any other team. A weakness that might find us out against top four teams particularly melbourne.
Our transition and inside game on the other hand is probably the strongest but not always sustainable for four quarters against strong zone defense.

We need to throw up more threes with an offensive rebounding focus.

Lets show Peach plenty enthusiastic respect but no favors on court.

Sixers by 15.

Reply #673227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers by 20+ in a party atmosphere

Reply #673228 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Take away Adelaide's basket cuts in the half-court and they will struggle

Reply #673231 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Should be up 40 not 20. Plenty no calls again.

Reply #673233 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

sixers look pretty deep when the top scorer doesnt score

Reply #673234 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Johnson getting fouled a lot but no calls.

Reply #673235 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bullets questionable offence appears to have no purpose??

Reply #673236 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They're a bit like the Adelaide Crows with their wave running in transition. Impressive to watch, but easier to shut down than many teams make it appear

Reply #673237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before worrying about their offence maybe start with their horrible defence!

Reply #673238 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

A little bit of Kevin Rudd in that Tommy Greer laugh

Reply #673239 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

At 3QT Adelaide has 18 offensive rebounds to Brisbane's 15 defensive rebounds...

Reply #673240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs feeling sorry for the Boomers coach and now Brisbanes frustration is misdirected. Time for Brisbane Management to do an honest confidential player review to really find out whats going on. It is not normal for a coach to be that cool as homicide alluded to. And refs going at DJ. Suspicious or what after this last few weeks chatter about his exclusion.

Reply #673241 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Just as long as the refs don't leave those fouls in the play offs I guess.

Reply #673242 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I know he was dealt a harsh blow losing Bairstow for the last 1.5 seasons but this has really been two very poor seasons by Lemanis.

With such a gutless conclusion to their season it wouldn't surprise me if Lemanis gets sacked over this. Perhaps not likely as they would need to eat the last year of his contract and they would be bleeding money already with their poor crowds but it wouldn't surprise me.

Yes he had great success as coach of the Breakers but that success continued with Vickerman.

Reply #673243 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hey homicide, shut up.

Peach just fouled out of his last game.. and you're yapping.

They still haven't realised.

My god.

Reply #673244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, it was the Breakers system. Proud to say when everyone thought he was good I was the lone voice on here stating otherwise. Same mistake is being made by everyone re: Gleeson as well.

Reply #673246 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Stupid by Hodgson.

I'm seeing some punkish play creep into our team again late in the season, can't blame it on Randle this time.

Reply #673247 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I hope a few Sixers get in a brawl and subsequently suspended

Reply #673248 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Joey is a bit of an enabler with that type of mentality -- the bravado as said by one of the commentators

Reply #673250 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Why? You worried they can beat your team?

Reply #673251 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, my team is long gone dude.

I just don't like their smug attitude, they're becoming a bit childish, like the Golden State Warriors

Reply #673252 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can sometime tell Aylen that we pay our hard earned to watch the players play and not him officiate. Absolute flog.

Reply #673254 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If it means they play better and they're fun to watch I'll take it but if I was an opposition supporter it would definitely shit me.

Reply #673255 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I agree with Zodiac and Manu, it's just dumb behaviour.

Stop being so cocky, we choked/under performed last finals, this year it's time to get the job done.

Reply #673256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re: Aylen. Also he needs to wear a looser shirt. He wears a tight shirt as if he's tanked but he's just fat!

Reply #673257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The above goes to show how deluded the refs are!

Reply #673258 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Brisbane's tepid performance accurately surmising their season in general.

Reply #673259 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I don't expect the NBL refs to have a good game anymore. I used to be disappointed by a few calls here and there but now it's just consistently baffling to watch through each and every game.

Reply #673262 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Brisbane's tepid performance accurately surmising their season in general.

I really don't think it can be glossed over. In their last 3 games two losses to the bottom placed team including a blowout loss on their home court and then a gutless capitulation in Peach's final game here to lock in a second straight wooden spoon. Lemanis looks like he couldn't give a rats arse too.

Reply #673263 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Brisbane need to clean house. Lemanis is failing.

Te Rangi and Gibson aren't NBL players, let alone starters. Kickert is never going to be good. Holt is poor for an import.

Only Trice and Petrie showed any heart.

Reply #673264 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

To be fair to the Bullets, as soon as Bufford left they've been undermanned, and with no Jervis as well they've been very undersized the past couple of games. For the majority of the season they hung with teams but just couldn't get over the hump in the 4th Q, and I don't think they were nearly as bad as their record shows, even with a poorly constructed roster.

Reply #673266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson is so passive and just goes through the motions. He's stealing money.

Reply #673269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When a team keeps choking away a lead under pressure it's hard to place the blame solely on the coaching. It's not like he would have instructed the players to all go into their shells in the last 5 minutes.

Reply #673271 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

The problem is who Andre has had on the court in crunch time. Running Te Rangi effectively means 4 on 5.

Reply #673272 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

How is Te Rangi on the national team? Let alone NZ captain?

Reply #673275 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I can't believe Te Rangi is still only 23. How old was he when he first suited up for the Breakers, like 13?

Reply #673280 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Gibson was like that at Adelaide but we justified it as good defence, he's not an nbl standard starter these days

Reply #673281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sixers by 20+ in a party atmosphere"

like I said

Reply #673286 | Report this post

That could have been a 40 point blowout if the Refs didn't turn it in to hackball in the third term.

Reply #673314 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"How is Te Rangi on the national team? Let alone NZ captain?"

He's a fringe player on their national team, and he was only captain of the development team they sent to the Asia Cup.

Reply #673337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:00 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754