Anon
Years ago

Best basketball administrator in Oz

Interested to know who people think is the best basketball administrator in Australia. I'm not including Larry as he is a owner, and it doesn’t have to be a GM or CEO, it could be a gun marketing manager or director of coaching. Who is your front office MVP?

Topic #42729 | Report this topic

SteveK2  
Years ago

Personally, I reckon its Mark Beecroft. Without a rich owner backing him up, he's doing a tremendous job. Its a bit tougher this season but he's still hanging in there.

Reply #673224 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Big Joe for me.

Reply #673229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worst is Troy G of Wildcats. Done absolutely nothing.

Reply #673245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Mark Beecroft is NOT the best I would be hell impressed by whoever was.

Reply #673253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Richard Goodbody from the Townsville Fire and Justin Nelson from the Melbourne Boomers by far the best on the women's side of the game

Reply #673260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Worst is Troy G of Wildcats. Done absolutely nothing."

Not saying you are wrong but what do you base that on?

Reply #673276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The inaction re: roster changes. As much as Marvin was arrogant he was always active.

Reply #673278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not Big Joe, he's just started there.

Reply #673283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beecroft for the win. The man spent 45 minutes cracking jokes and shooting free throws with the handful of fans who turned up early for the open practice a few weeks ago when Fearney kept the team behind in the dressing room for a spray. Legend.

Reply #673287 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beecroft also was offered the head coach role permanently after being the interim head coach after A. Black was fired but said give it to Fearne as it will be better for the club. Classy.

Reply #673300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't support the Nelson nomination, very bad experience with him.

Try speaking to the people who’ve been there.

Reply #673317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree re: Justin Nelson. Must be from someone who has never had anything to do with him.

Richard Goodbody is very good though

Reply #673323 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Hoops admin/s???

Definitely not the NBL's media staff.

Reply #673326 | Report this post

For the 3  
Years ago

I'm going to say Jazzy. Team Manager for the 36ers. This guy has been around thru the last 11 years and still always has a smile on his face. Not one player has ever said a bad word about him. He does so much for so many and never pumps up his own tyres on social media. Just works his arse off and doesn't care if he's never noticed. He is always willing to help anyone no matter who they are whether they are 'important' or a little kid wanting to meet a player. Really good person who just loves his club.

Reply #673481 | Report this post

SIXERS VOICE  
Years ago

All of the replies above seem to be related to NBL/WNBL teams. The title is "Best basketball administrator in Oz". Therefore, ALL administrators should be included. I'm sure that Basketball SA administrators would be low in many estimations.

Reply #673488 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Lorraine Landon of Sydney Kings - Hall of Fame career including longevity, experience and smarts.

Reply #673570 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754