Kas
Years ago

3rd and 4th results in the NBL

So is it right that if both Perth and NZ lose or both win - NZ finish 4th?

Only way NZ can finish 3rd - is if NZ win and Perth lose?

Topic #42730 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct.
If NZ lose they are definitely 4th.
If both lose then Perth finish 3rd I'm pretty sure.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not confident of either NZ or Perth winning tomorrow. Both Cairns and Sydney seem to be playing well...

Reply #673268 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I think Perth won't want to lose twice to Cairns at home in as many weeks.
Perth likely to finish 3rd and meet Adelaide.
First playoff meeting since 2014 grand final.
There is no pressure on Perth as just about everyone thinks they are done.

Reply #673270 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if NZ rest some guys tomorrow and aim for 4th vs Melbourne over 3rd vs Adelaide. Not sure I'd want to play Adelaide at the moment, where as Melbourne are still integrating Prather back in and are probably a bit vulnerable.

Reply #673273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not to mention NZ seem to match up better against United.

Reply #673274 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

It is mathematically possible that Perth and NZ both lose or both win and swap spots on the table due to percentage but it would take around a ninety point margin differential.

We should see Newbill and Sosa play big minutes tomorrow after held back in the blowup loss to Illawarra. Some Tall Blacks are likely to get extra rest. I suspect Breakers will go at it tomorrow, not wanting a finals lead-in on a 0-4 skid but I query that they will be good enough.

Reply #673290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe someone would suggest tanking to fall to 4th. If 3rd and 4th win their semi finals, you are handing the home court advantage to the other team. Especially important where Perth and NZ are concerned as they lie at the extreme ends of travel.

Reply #673305 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Both the reigning NBL and WNBL champions had Grand Final home court advantage after finishing third.

Reply #673309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And neither of Adelaide or Melbourne are finals proven. Actually they're proven chokers.

Could easily be a Perth v NZ GF again

Reply #673349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Perth are 3rd?

Reply #673383 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:43 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754