Ben
Years ago

Finals commentary

Curious to know who people would prefer as their trio to call an upcoming finals series?

Case/Carfs/Harvs for me. I can't recall if they’ve all worked a game together this season but I’ve enjoyed listening to them and haven’t found them to be annoying/cringey.

Topic #42738 | Report this topic

koberulz  
Years ago

Reply #673465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

koberulz's preference is for commentators?

Reply #673471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fingers crossed homicide does every game!

Reply #673473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben I agree. Casey/Carfino/Harvey please. The rest don't belong on TV.

Reply #673474 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

From basketball point of view, front man (not too bothered who), Harvey (better than Carfino) and Shane Heal (does not argue as much as Williams., but will call it as he sees it).

Reply #673475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Casey, Carfino, Heal.

Reply #673476 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Yeah I'm a big Harvs fan but I wonder if that is because the underdog mentality of he doesn't get so many games so you want him to get more ie maybe Adelaide games instead of Greer, but if he got shoved down our throats then would we still be so high on Harvs?

I don't know but I'm happy to have him and whoever else, I like him and Hammer but I think Harvs is a bit in awe around Hammer and the banter isn't there as much but would be glad if I see Hammer calling games.

Please no Tommy Greer or AFL commentators, fair enough during the season but this is playoffs and when we should be getting our best.

Wouldn't hate having Homicide with NZ commentators again as I think they have a bit to work with and always felt that their 2 man crew felt a little limited in execution but with great potential if they added a third like the former NZ national coach for example.

Maybe Melbourne home games John Casey, Carfino and Heal
Adelaide John Casey, Harvey and Redhage (if we have to have him)
NZ Mulligan, Casey Frank, Homicide
Perth Read, Homicide, Redhage

GF regardless of who is playing, John Casey/lachie read, Harvey and Heal with Homicide out and about with the crowd

Reply #673477 | Report this post

BB4  
Years ago

I hope Homicide does the Adelaide Perth series, just so we can hear more moaning from Koberulz

Reply #673478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad rosenvich or whatever because I need to know in detail every basic rule and everything that is happening on the court

Reply #673479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No Huddo PLEASE!

Can't stand his crutch riding on Melb United
Goulding does a crossover and he loses his shit

Reply #673480 | Report this post

Andy  
Years ago

Dwayne Russell ruined more games than anyone for me, Hudson is terrible too. I would be happy for the NBL to just grab a few random people that come in the door, every chance they will be much better than what the NBL serves up.

Reply #673485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Harvs isn't in awe of Hammer........pretty sure they used to be tight and now don't speak away from the commentary job.

Reply #673504 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This is humorous, but I would still like Homicide there, maybe as a locker room, court side interviewer. It would add an extra interest and some spontaneous entertainment...

Come on, I know he says some dumb stuff at times, but he has to be there for something controversial to talk about, surely!

Reply #673509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huddo and Dwayne Russell will be calling preseason AFL games as of this week, so won't be doing NBL. So I would guess Matt Russell will be doing play by play in Melbourne, with Casey doing it in Adelaide.

Reply #673511 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Just on Dwayne Russel, does anyone know why he just faded out of the commentary rotation in the second half of the season? He called heapes of games at the start but hasn't called any games recently. This happened last season too. AFL commitments?

Just seems unusual given hes one of the main hosts.

Reply #673529 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

^ AAA+++ Best, most informative and well reasoned Koberulz post in a very very long time.

Reply #673549 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I have no idea where that earlier post came from, I've never event attempted to post in this thread until now.

Just on Dwayne Russel, does anyone know why he just faded out of the commentary rotation in the second half of the season? He called heapes of games at the start but hasn't called any games recently. This happened last season too. AFL commitments?
Dwayne Russell's role has been gradually decreasing over the entire Fox contract. He started out as the main play-by-play guy, travelling to other cities to call games including heading to Perth for the grand final, before being confined to Melbourne games more recently and then disappearing completely.

Matt Russell started out as a Queensland-only guy, but had his role increased significantly over the past couple of years, including getting a grand final game himself.

Reply #673574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me it is Matt Russell, Shane heal and Brad a Rosen. They have done a heap of games and I love there banter and conversation. Best in the business.

For the West games I love Locky, redhage and Homocide. They are comical

Give me those 6 for all games please

Reply #673581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heal is horrible. No way.

Reply #673591 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

@Very Old, that's very bloody funny............LMAO

Reply #673625 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

As for Dwayne Russell, could he be absent as he tries to understand the rules of AFLX?

I like Matt Russell and if he gets more games then I won't complain, also liked Wazza but I think he only does WNBL now but if he found his way back to an NBL broadcast as they got rid of AFL commentators then I'd be happy with that.

Reply #673626 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why are NRL commentators any different to AFL commentators?

Wasn't a fan of when he was on a couple of years ago, he always seemed like he had no idea what was going on.

Reply #673629 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Proud - I think you mean AFLzzzzzz

Reply #673683 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754