Anonymous
Years ago

Derrick Rose future

Normally there's always a topic about retired NBA players coming to nbl, why not start one about Rose. Needs a decent league to regain form and fitness, good culture and weather. Adidas money alone is worth more than the league. No-one wants him, would be good for him for exposure and maybe get passion. Can't see him playing in Europe, cmon cairns, sign him up:)

Topic #42797 | Report this topic

proud  
Years ago

I agree Cairns would be ideal, they seem to get the worst crowds for away games (judging by Perth games minus last game of the season which was huge) so if he can get an extra couple thousand more to away games for Cairns and sell out home games then that would be excellent and of course he can tell everyone how solid our league is and how this Damo guy gets worshipped for shutting me down

Reply #674793 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Why would you risk this head case!

Injury prone of body and mind

Reply #674813 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

If Derrick Rose comes to Australia, i will personally eat my sons worn pair of original D Rose shoes.

Reply #674815 | Report this post

KingPodge  
Years ago

I doubt any NBL team could afford his insurance costs.

Reply #674821 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The guy still thinks he's a star no way in the world Rose would 'lower' himself to playing in the NBL or in any other league outside the NBA for that matter.

Reply #674833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He still mumbles too. smh

Reply #674840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

an NBA team will likely grab him next season for the league minimum anyway...

Reply #674876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why isn't a contender grabbing him for minimum now. Not going to sign for anyone, has all that adidas money coming so don't need the cash.
Go to gsw and be perfect fit there with Livingston as a backup.

Reply #674947 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I am afraid if he is not signed by midnight tonight USA time he is done for the season and probably ever as an NBA player.

Reply #674986 | Report this post

JohnJames  
Years ago

perfect fit?
i think there are guys playing social on a wednesday night with better ligaments than rose!
and why would GSW need a washed up, headcase on their roster? they already have Nick Young

Reply #674997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does he mumble so much?

Reply #675015 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

He will join Detroit

Reply #675058 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

March 1st was the cut off for someone to sign him. That could be it.

Reply #675123 | Report this post

Simon  
Years ago

He can sign with another team and be in the playoffs after March 1st Its only players that are waived after March 1st that can't sign with another team.

As long as a player is a FA at the deadline they can sign with a playoff team and play right up until Reg season Ends.

Reply #675151 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Rose still thinks he is the best player in the league!

He needs to ring Dion Waiters and talk about what happens when you have that sort of idea in your head...eat humble pie work hard and play for a small contract next year and prove everyone wrong.

Reply #675169 | Report this post

froggjuece  
Years ago

He is now a Timberbull until the rest of the season....

Reply #676701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Rose still thinks he is the best player in the league!"

When did he say that?

Reply #676703 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Rose speaking to the media for the first time after practice in Minnesota:

"I'm 29, they’re acting like I’m 39. I’m still able to push the ball up the floor, they’re acting like I’m in a wheelchair. All these injuries — like even coming here to take my physical [the Timberwolves medical staff] looked at my physical, they couldn’t believe how my body was in good shape. Little things like that push me to go out here and work even harder, because on the outside looking in, you probably think I walk with a limp, you probably think I’m wearing ice bags every day, this and that. Man, it’s totally opposite of that....

“This is how I feel about it, the whole perspective on it," Rose said. “You could have your perspective on me, as far as I’m a bum, I can’t play, I can’t shoot, this and that, all right, cool, I have no hard feelings with that. I’m cool with that. [If] that’s how you feel, that’s how you feel, but at the same time, I don’t need your f—ing validation. I know who I am, I know what type of player I am. So you respect that and I respect that [point of view] and we should be good. That’s how I feel about it.”

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/03/10/derrick-rose-to-doubters-i-dont-need-your-f-validation/

Reply #677280 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:35 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754