nall
Years ago

18's finals

the finals for the 18's is almost upon us. North has been indefinatly kicked out of their finals position. Southern are still dominating with no losses. West are near unstopable to all bar Southern and Norwood is making a puch for a Grand Final appearance having beaten Southern early in the year in a tournament and having beaten West several times through the season. my pick is a Norwood V Southern grand final

Topic #428 | Report this topic

slrgh  
Years ago

i predict a west V southern final. norwood are good but play inconsistan basketball. southern will win. they are to solid

Reply #3238 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

There is no surer thing than Southern winning the 18 Boys. Your grand final prediction is interesting. My pick is West but you are right that Norwood have done OK against them this year. Norwood's problem could be Woodville who they have had trouble with in the past. Should be real interesting.
What about 16's...any thoughts? Forestville? North? Norwood?

Reply #3240 | Report this post

HOOPIN  
Years ago

SOUTHERN ARE NOT A SURE THING WHILE THEY MIGHT BE FAVOURITES THEIR WEAKNESS IS IN THERE HEAD AND I DONT THINK THEY ARE COACHED REALLY WELL. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WEST WIN IT THEY HAVE BEEN PRETTY CONSITANT AND I LIKE THE WAY THEY PLAY. (I AM IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH EITHER TEAM) I THINK NORWOOD RELY TOO MUCH ON ZONES AS THEIR MAN TO MAN DEFENCE IS TOO WEAK.

Reply #3241 | Report this post

baller  
Years ago

southern are an awsome team but everyone would have predicted them to win state champs so who knows?

Reply #3336 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

the only team who can beat southern is north, and they are probably gonna miss the finals...... if it wasnt for foresville messin up that 16 point lead in the state champs against north, southern would have romped it home, as north would have been out.

Reply #3504 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

north is the only team that can beay southern? norwood already have and i have no doubt that west can. southern are way too cocky and will expect to win everything. but north only team beating southern, they can't even make the finals let alone beat the top team.

Reply #3554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THE GIRLS'

North, Forestville, West. If North keep their Heads in check and play as a team the will romp in. There are too many good players - Martin, Griffen,Michelle. But there is unrest in that North Team so maybe the Eagles will do it again or will those Bearcats Shine.

Reply #3560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GIRLS :
north dont have the mental capacity to win this grandfinal. there are too many girls (who will remain nameless for the time being) who are ready to jump on the bandwagon, rather than focusing on what they have in sight. if eagles can get out of this rut of poor finishing off, they would all ready be on top of the ladder. too many losses under 10pts!
west are a serious contender alothough a little too inconsistent.

definatley a NORTH vs EAGLES final!

Reply #3661 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Nall

Are North definitely out of the finals? Looks like they are fighting with Forestville for fifth spot, and they play each other this weekend.
Did Norwood beat North last week? Nothing on Sporting Pulse. If Norwood won then you would have to say North are definitely gone.

Reply #3664 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Norwood won by 12 or so.

Reply #3667 | Report this post

allstar 55  
Years ago

just a note, woodville didnt lose to sturt like its says on sporting pulse. the score is rite, just woodville won.

Reply #3692 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

forestville will tear north apart. tanner will hit 30. go hearts.

Reply #3696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pitty eagles lost by 20!!!

Reply #3887 | Report this post

hgf  
Years ago

has everyone forgot about the state champs? remember that north beat the tigers. So i wouldnt say that its a sure thing. i play for the warriors and i dont think that norwood, forestville, or use could get over them, but if north still make it, i would never count them out, and if west actually could play as a team, they could both puss them for te title! The tiger seem to ..........ah choke when the big games come around.

Reply #4727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who r u "hgf"...bet ur just some no hoper trying to start shit...Southern have to strongest team and afta that state champs loss and getting screwed ovas in the classics..they have al promised each other to win this title and will do nethin to win it!

Reply #4743 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Eagles over North in the Grand for the girls. I think the Forestville girls have improved majorly and if they keep their heads in it for the next couple of games they'll get there.

Reply #4746 | Report this post

Southern, in a Norwood v Southern GF!

Reply #4747 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

who ever wrote that shit bout tha tigers dosnt play for the warriors. i no this coz im tha only guy on the team that rites on this site and i asked them all tonite at training. so who ever it is is a dick and is trying to start shit!!!!

Reply #4755 | Report this post

hgf  
Years ago

k, i still think wat i said was accurate, but i was talking s##t about playing for the warriors. i needed a scape goat so i just said that i played for them! the tiger r still chokers though!!!!!!!!!

Reply #4759 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

oh wow!!! will u look at that!?!?!? it is somebody's credibility, flying out that window over there.

Reply #4770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohh wow! north may be the state champs but... haha they didnt even make the finals!! coz they lost 2 easy teams and drew to teams they should of PUMPED! gee what a good team!! haha....why every1 rekn they have lost games they shouldnt of?!?

Reply #5081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hgf....what u think of north now! lol, stil think they r a chance! CHOKERS!

Reply #5084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what have u done in ur bball career u no gamer..do sumfin b4 u say sumfin! i dare u 2 say the stuff to tom rowe's face!

Reply #5122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West definately don't stand a chance in the girl's finals... They drew to south the other week... hello!?
Should be an awesome grand final between North and Eagles.. Too close to predict a winner!

Reply #5125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agreed annonymous

Reply #5128 | Report this post

slam dunk  
Years ago

u guys are so pathetyic u think west are gonna win the grand final in 18girls well west lost to mavs this season, we played them on friday nite yes we lost but our team is carrying injuries and colds so watch out guys here come mavs

Reply #5149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha MAVS, yer okay!!!

Reply #5176 | Report this post

Curious  
Years ago

North Boys out of finals! Girls will be North and Forestville, Forestville to win. Southern v doesn't matter. Tigers will win, especially with North out!

Reply #5195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spot on curious!!!

Reply #5197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be Great to see the forestville Girls Win, but you are wrong! North Girls are good, and when they get their run on they are unstopable plus it will be the last North game for a couple of them and they wont to leave on a winning note.

Reply #5198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah whilst i would love to see the forestville girls beat them in a match that is REALLY IMPORTANT.. these north girls will go at it hard but it will be a CLOSE game..

i heard about alot of movement but whos officially goin where?

Reply #5199 | Report this post

interesting...  
Years ago

18G 1

FORESTVILLE beat STURT by 22
NORTH ADELAIDE

Reply #5939 | Report this post

interesting...  
Years ago

sorry...

18G 1

FORESTVILLE beat STURT by 22
NORTH ADELAIDE beat WEST by 7

forestville plays west in prelims next week, winner plays NORTH IN GF!!

Reply #5940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

boys-
west beat norwood last fri
woodville beat eagles

Southern played west and won by 9ish in ova time!
Woodville knocked off norwood by 1!!

West will pump woodville!
Southern v West final!

Reply #5952 | Report this post

Years ago

Listen up here.....Talk the talk no gamer but who ever the hell you are front up and say it to tom rowe's face coz i garantee you, he would kick ur ass in whatever u have achieve in bball.

Reply #5971 | Report this post

Years ago

what the hell was said about TOM ROWE? Some1 please tell me...
He is clearly one of the best players in the league along wid jordan kies, joe ingles, chris molitor, shannon hoffman and daniel lalic

Reply #5974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

noone said nething bout tom rowe they said that north are chokers and shit. that just aint right they aint chokers they played a few bad games! big deal. every1 does that!

Reply #5988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah agreed. they had a few injuries aswell.

Reply #5989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GO EAGLES.. beating NORTH in the girls grandfinal!!!

Reply #7887 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:51 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754