!
Years ago

SEC womens final 08.30am Eastern today - spoiler

South Carolina v Mississippi State - featuring aussie Chloe Bibby - will be a good game.

Topic #42830 | Report this topic

!  
Years ago

live on ESPN / FOXTEL - along with a lot of other games !

Reply #675817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't Bibby look lost as a freshman...
Will take some time. Big shoes for her to fill next year with so many seniors on that team.

Reply #675818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PAC 12 final has 3 Aussies

Yaeger injured RS-Oregon
Maley-Oregon
Smith-Stanford

Reply #675819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't think Yeager was red shirted even though she can't play?

Should be a great game.

Reply #675833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What injury does Yaegar have?

Reply #675834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I read somewhere a back injury. Was a while ago, could be wrong...

Reply #675836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With bando gone next season, Yaeger will be the first guard off the bench behind Ionescu or cazorla.

Reply #675837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard she was leaving, no opportunities

Reply #675843 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

SC get it done - first season loss for MS

Reply #675863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watching Miss and Sth C , not a great standard from either team , I wouldn't say Bobby looked lost , think the standard is not what she is used to, these Australian female players who have spent years playing in the senior elite level in Australia must find it hard adjusting to basically high school all over again
The ones who seem to settle and do ok are the ones who only ever played st junior level in Aus, and when they return to play in the women’s comps they take a long time to adjust
Have to question if college is worth it for those who already have begun their journey into the senior level of WNBL here.

Reply #675866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, they are use to amateur coaches and slow paced games here in Aus.

They struggle with the pace of the game, the and number of set plays aswell as the heavy schedule when they head over. Takes a season or two to adjust.

Reply #675871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have you been to these actual games or just watched on your v, these are not fast paced games at all compared to here, and they are no where near as physical
It's the hoop and holla of the crowds and big venues that puts the hype into them, not the standard, these college coaches would struggle dealing with adults to coach

Reply #675877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that's why our players with pro experience are so dominant over there

Reply #675878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Horvat was excellent in seabl, so too Bibby,... against women, (some wnbl players.)
Maley dominated the boards against anyone in her age group in Aus.

After a freshman season, they are contributing next to nothing for there universities.
they all improve over time if they are at a good school.

Reply #675883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Struggle to coach adults?

That's why uconns geno has coached USA women's NT and handed it over to south carolinas coach staley.

Reply #675884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Maley and Bibby did very well at WNBL level when they got the opportunity, do you see either of them getting on the crt in college, well Bibby does occasionally and when she does she plays well, it's the opportunity that eluded them not their ability
Unfortunately those who they play with are bigger names in the college system with the college coaches not really understanding the Australian system at all

Reply #675890 | Report this post

Amused  
Years ago

I read some posters with great amusement. So, these top NCAA conferences that produce the best players in the world are in fact so bad ( high school level as one says) that our girls struggle to find court time! Is it you Basketball Australia ??

Reply #675914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even with Bando gone next year there is no way Yaeger is next in line. Aina
Ayuso (Spanish freshman) is the next guard in line with another highly rated American point guard coming in next season.
She needs to move to get court time.

Reply #675935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you might see...

2018/2019

Cazorla/Ayuso
Ionescu/Yaeger/Chavez

2019/2020

Ionescu/Ayuso
Yaeger/Chavez/(Shelley potentially)

Reply #675961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shelley is a stand out and would play a significant role in many div 1 programs. They'll be a long list of schools trying to get her to commit.

What's going on with Ezi?

Reply #676011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sabrina plays 35+ mins each game, doesn't leave much time for Morgan?

Reply #676012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shelley is a stand out and would play a significant role in many div 1 programs. They'll be a long list of schools trying to get her to commit.

Don't be too sure about that, remember these colleges have dozens on their books to try to recruit, the American high school pool is enormous, our Aussie kids are a drop in the ocean, add in the Spanish players they seem to like and what may look like a sure thing because the Aussie player is a standout in her junior team doesn’t always pan out, especially if they play hard to get, colleges move on real quick when parents put their kids on the top rung of that pedestal they have their kid on

Reply #676044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magbegor was at UCLA and UConn last week.

Reply #676262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully uconn.

Ucla don't look very good next season without Canada and billings.

Reply #676277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Shelley will end up a very good international player.

Still eligible to play world under 19's again. She was only 17 at last world's and had a pretty good tournament.

Future still looks bright for the Opals

Reply #676292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Defense and 3 point shot is good, but will have to vastly improve her ball handling.

Reply #676299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My daughter looks pretty good for Opals too, just thought I should write a post promoting her

Reply #676516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ haha

Reply #676531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Got to laugh, every time a young player is mentioned everyone thinks it is a parent.

Sorry to disappoint but it stemmed from the player and Oregon getting mentioned in the same post. Good fit as a long term replacement for Bando

Just an observation from watching the odd under age state and international game.

Reply #676551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard Oregon HC is in Melbourne right now recruiting Shelley and Cochrane so
Makes sense.

Reply #676694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, the HC is in Melbourne during march madness? Very much doubt he would fly here for 1 day.

Cochrane supposably 6'6 now.

Reply #676695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He did come to Australia inbetween Pac-12 title and NCAA tournament.

Reply #676697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kelly Graves twitter account shows he's out of the country. This coach is committed to having the best programme in the country

https://twitter.com/GoDucksKG?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Reply #676702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 Aussies, 2 Germans and 1 Spaniard on the squad for Oregon in 2019/2020 maybe.

I think Bourne is probably the best 2019 class prospect atm though.

There has already been a few 2019 signings. Hank to Boston college (same college as ortlepp, Pinaeu and Hollingsworth)

Reply #676704 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm missing what you are seeing with Bourne.

Boston College has been sacked, unattractive destination as a 3rd tier program with that instability.

Reply #676744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boston college coach* has been sacked...

Reply #677044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

3rd tier program but in a major conference. Plenty of opportunity to develop for those playing in it.

Reply #677049 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754