Isaac
Years ago

SF2v3 Game 2: Wildcats vs 36ers, March 9

This Friday is a chance for Perth to get some revenge and level their series with the visiting 36ers. Adelaide thumped Perth in Game 1, but the bookies favour the Cats to make it 1-1. Perth are paying $1.70, Adelaide $2.15. The line is -2.5, as was the NZB-MEL game which went to overtime.

If you like their chances, Perth are paying $11 to win the championship from 0-1 in their SF series.

Challenge for Adelaide may be keeping everyone focused after the rampant display last game; feeling that they've already played their final. Challenge for Perth may be getting more than Cotton providing some offence.

Your tip?

Topic #42845 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

While all along I expected it to go to 3 games...
Perth's desultory performance game 1 surprised many...
( Perth lose due to refs .. I just get bored ...)

Reply #676294 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I expect the Cats to string together a few minutes of winning basketball here and there, but those will likely be just small islands of hope in a sea of Adelaide continuing to come and come and come down our throats.

Reply #676302 | Report this post

I expect it to go down to the wire. I can't see Perth putting in two flaccid performances in a row. They can win games through desperation, and I expect them to play this way on Friday. Last year Adelaide had big problems playing against teams that were desperate, they dropped their last 4 regular season games against teams who had finals aspirations to play for, and then when they had Illawarra against a wall they couldn't hold them back in the last two games. I'm assuming they've learned something from last year, but I still expect it to be close!

Reply #676304 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well I hope you're right. I'm not convinced our hearts are 100% in it as a team anymore. Hopefully I'm wrong and we "play Wildcats basketball" again

Reply #676308 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think Adelaide probably has too many weapons for Perth. If you shut down Cotton, you've shut down Perth offensively. But you can't do that with Adelaide. Stop Brandt from getting catches, stop Cotton, and stop Tokoto from getting on the rim and you've basically cut their heads off. Perth need a big game from someone else to win. Maybe if Steindl had a freak night from the three?

Reply #676309 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Perth will win G2, with 36ers winning G3 comfortably.

Reply #676315 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

I agree Luuuc, there seems to be a lack of fire. Watching JP's interview yesterday he seems to have checked out. I hope they can get a win and make the series respectable.

Reply #676319 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I do enjoy the Brandt-DJ battles. Seems like each coach favours their guy against the other, and Brandt especially takes it personally, and then in reality, they largely neutralise each other. But more often, DJ avoids foul trouble and stays on court longer, converts well at the stripe, etc. Wouldn't have always been the case when Perth had Knight out there.

Wagstaff is always dangerous, but this iteration of the Sixers seem to have most sectors covered through versatile, athletic players.

Reply #676322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne vs Perth final

Reply #676325 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Have they said what time the game would be on Sunday? If required.

Was just about to organise a dinner for my bball team on Sunday

Reply #676355 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

3pm EDT in all likelihood, as that's been the SBS timeslot all year.

Reply #676363 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I'm under doctors' orders to avoid perth v sixers games , after 36ers shot about 8 points in about 30 seconds , so cattalini tunneled cortez groves who picked up the ball and threw it at schenscher .. I was hoping that the roof would stay on...
with the crowd noise... and my heart was going at a million miles an hour...I wanted to run onto the court...
If I'm here saturday morning .. you'll know I survived..

Reply #676364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel 31 on the magic mushrooms again flashing back to some random incident in 2009. lol

Reply #676373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Was just about to organise a dinner for my bball team on Sunday "

Don't you know pro sports don't revolve around your dinners? /s

Reply #676377 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

As we head into this elimination game I hold no fear in my heart.

I have faith in Trev and the boys. NEVER underestimate a champion. This side is still double reigning champions and will live to fight another day.

Reply #676391 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

As with last years semi game 2 it's Adelaide's game to lose. Hopefully they're wiser for that experience.

Reply #676396 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Floppycats should get this one.

Expect a gritty game with plenty of zoning and fouling by them to slow Adelaide down. We should see lots of niggles behind the scenes too. Joey needs to put some oil on the boys so when the pussycats grab them they slip off

Reply #676397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"As with last years semi game 2 it's Adelaide's game to lose. Hopefully they're wiser for that experience."

Did they ever hoist that regular season champions banner in Adelaide from last season?

Reply #676408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I have faith in Trev"

Get OFF the drugs.

Reply #676411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Joey needs to put some oil on the boys so when the pussycats grab them they slip off"

Is there enough money in the Sixer budget for oil??

Reply #676412 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I just don't want to see a defensive mugfest spoil an potentially exciting game.

Reply #676421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are Perth going to try and run and gun with the most athletic team in the NBL?

Utter morons

Reply #676424 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

If the drug is loving the Wildcats too much, I will continue to SNORT IT UP like Whitney Houston

Reply #676425 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

16 years without a championship all the pressure is on Adelaide to break that drought.
Even of they get past Perth, Melbourne will comfortably beat them

Reply #676429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And? If Perth go through Melbourne will comfortably beat them too.

Reply #676430 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Melbourne are the favourites

Reply #676432 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

No pressure on the 36ers we're not the ones facing elimination.

Reply #676434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can't think of any reason why there is so long between games 1 and 2. Adelaide is the shortest trip in the comp for perth

Reply #676469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To make sure Perth gets a friday home game, I'd imagine. More dollars.

Reply #676470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More like the league is run by the media, who do a piss poor job with exposure, instead of the fans who actually have an interest.

Reply #676477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the game in NZ would have been played friday as well had it not been for spark arena being fully booked out.

Its nothing to do with perth getting more $$, the NBL wouldnt want games on monday anyways

Reply #676480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't say it was Perth getting the $$. The league gets the dollars from having more people attend a game.

Reply #676493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth scheduling was also due to venue availability.

Reply #676527 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Perth will try to push the umpiring boundaries with a defensive mugging game. If the referees don't call fouls with consistency expect a huge melee probably somewhere about the third quarter.

Sixers beware being sucked into a melee.
No evictions or suspensions please.

If referees are reasonably consistent with their calls Sixers should progress to GF.

Only other way Perth could win is if we let them shoot the lights out from beyond the arc with multiple high % shooters.

Reply #676535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sixers beware being sucked into a melee."

They weren't sucked in to a melee last time they played in Perth. They just decided to start one.

Reply #676542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok mate ^^^^^
Teys with a silly but questionable unsportsmanlike foul. Then your no name tough guy comes in and starts the Melee.
We simply stood up for ourselves.

Fuck I hope it's a sweep

Reply #676543 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Perth scheduling was also due to venue availability."

Yeah, if you can't organise a home court, you forfeit 20-0

Reply #676548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Questionable USF??? Yep, you've really got a good read on things...

Reply #676550 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

"They do a really good job of accentuating the contact," Gleeson explained speaking to media.
"They're masters at it. They lead the league in foul shooting. I think they've had 200 more foul shots than any other team in the league through the regular season."

Gleeson Takes Aim at 36ers Tactics

Reply #676575 | Report this post

FSTOS  
Years ago

Perth being outflopped....Gleeson just moved up another notch on the Flogometer.

Reply #676577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey's flopping at both ends of the court is far worse than anything a Wildcat has ever done.

Reply #676580 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bloody hell Gleeson's already whinging and the game hasn't even started yet. Imagine what he's going to be like tomorrow night!

Reply #676582 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Haha, when you get beaten by 35, I guess trying to influence the refs prior to the next game is probably one of the only tactics you've got. Hilariously hypocritical stuff from Gleeson considering he has coached some of the biggest floppers in NBL history at the Wildcats including Redhage and Wagstaff. I love how he goes on about accentuating the contact, when you look back at game one - it has nothing to do with that, it’s all about the inability of his players to prevent penetration, maintain appropriate legal guarding position and play with verticality when contesting shots. Maybe he needs to spend more time teaching his players that rather then winging about the refs who provide him the best home cooking in the NBL.

Reply #676583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bloody hell Gleeson's already whinging and the game hasn't even started yet. "

Have you not read any comments from Adelaide fans so far for this game?? Its been nothing but preemptive whinges about the refs!

Reply #676584 | Report this post

Cat's 4 life  
Years ago

Wright would do the exact same thing! Please open your eyes for a bit, I have. Adelaide played awesome but perth can play a whole lot better than sat night.

Peoples eye's must be sore watching those banners come down every year at perth arena! Hey I love my team and I'm getting sick of it to! One more won't hurt.

Driving to the lane every time to initiate contact and if there or not the refs will call it so what's the difference in flopping? I'm not being a smart arse?

Player driving trying to make the ref call the foul or a person going down to get the charge?

Reply #676585 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

This is all to soften the refs up and make them lenient and then going full WWF sludgeball on us tom night. A desperate man coming off of a 35 point annihilation staring down the barrel of the end of an era. Go out with some dignity Trev.

Reply #676586 | Report this post

Cat's 4 life  
Years ago

Reply #676587 | Report this post

Cat's 4 life  
Years ago

That's his job and his not the only one has said that pre game ala hawks a dirty player's.

Reply #676588 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

From what I can tell from comments above Adelaide is naughty for driving? How dare they make basketball exciting and fun to watch!

Reply #676589 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If you take the game to the opposition and they can't handle it good for you.

Reply #676590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what was Joey's excuse when he had his pre match whinge earlier this year?

Reply #676591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Peoples eye's must be sore watching those banners come down every year at perth arena! Hey I love my team and I'm getting sick of it to! One more won't hurt"

Adelaide won the regular season title last year, dumbass. Lest we forget

Reply #676592 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Everyone was ok with vickerman saying it and then proceeding to get the calls, but we have a double standard for perth. I for one can not wait to see the complaints flying from united and 6ers fans when ware gets magical freethrows, followed quickly by sobey getting the same.

Adelaide are not the only team that drive, they do get rewarded for driving more than any other team, evidenced by their fta. Why would other teams keep driving if you are not getting the calls? (this is not in reference solely to perth)

6ers are a very good team, they don't need 30 free throws a game, they aren't all james harden attacking the paint.

Reply #676594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Maybe he needs to spend more time teaching his players that rather then winging about the refs who provide him the best home cooking in the NBL."

Exactly. This guy does everything BUT coach. He is finally being found out. This latest cry to the media is a desperate attempt of an excuse. Just go and coach the team FFS and stop wasting time crying with BS excuses after losing by 35.

Reply #676602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You mean like Joey does every time he loses in Perth?

Reply #676603 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

This is so funny. Fans saying not to call a foul because their own team find it hard to score and will lose if the other team gets rewarded for being fast and good at penetrating on offense.

Reply #676604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers fans get triggered way too easily

Reply #676605 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

As for Wildcars fans......

"If the drug is loving the Wildcats too much, I will continue to SNORT IT UP like Whitney Houston"

Reply #676617 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Wildcars. Oops. Obviously I meant Wildcraps

Reply #676618 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

One of my best comments that.

Trev's comments are good stuff. Classic mind games

Reply #676620 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Good stuff if you're desperate and insecure.

Reply #676621 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I'll get a stick

Reply #676626 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Even if we manage to drag them down to our slug it out game style tonight and get a win, it is only delaying the inevitable, i haven't seen anything in the times we have played in Adelaide this year that would make feel any different. You'd hope after the pantsing last week we'll come out breathing fire tonight, but sadly that hasn't been the case all season, i'm happy to be proven wrong, but i don't see it with this team. The hunger does not seem to be there like the last two years.

We cannot run and gun with Adelaide, they are a good side, and we don't have enough offensive weapons to put them to the sword, and slow the game up. I'm expecting a sweep to be brutally honest, i'm a realist not a dreamer, we just aren't goo enough across the board this year.

As i said happy to be wrong, but i just don't see it for us this year.

Reply #676639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats are just not a great team this year. They are poorly constructed, not well balanced, and lacking in several ways. Some players are also under-performing. They also lack the experience/wisdom to avoid being called for fouls. I don't care for NBL reffing, but the Cats won't win because they are not a great team this season, not because of biased calls.

As much as I think Adelaide frequently benefit from calls where their players initiate contact, players such as Brandt and Walker keep getting caught in stances or with hands in positions to allow refs to provide the benefit of the doubt to the home team.

Anyone analyzing 36ers vs. Perth with respect to previous seasons should realize that both teams have significantly changed. The past is irrelevant to the current contest.

To some extent, I would like for the Cats to be embarrassed at home, to provide motivation for change. The program will have to adapt to remain successful in an improving league.

BTW, has Tokoto booked his tickets already?

Reply #676722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely agree with the last post. The Cats' fate was sealed with the Steindl signing over getting a decent inside presence.
Adelaide are a far better, far deeper team and even if Wildcats pull off a win tonight I agree with other posters that it will just add an extra game to the series but they will still lose back in Adelaide.

Reply #676735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any late news?

Reply #676742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek from three ;D

Reply #676745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch Creek over the back on a board?

Offensive foul from DJ pushing Martin?

Reply #676746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the Best Actor award goes to...

Reply #676747 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's the Cotton and Creek show.

Reply #676748 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek feeling it. Good to watch.

Reply #676749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, terrible non call of Brandt fouling Creek.

Reply #676750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton 11-10 Creek

Reply #676751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF - arm drag aceoss Creeks face and shoulder on the deive and no foul.. here we go again with Mr Ref of the year in charge... and Hosgaon get your hands off Sobeys shot. You just dragged rhe ring and popped his shot out.. tata -2 for you already

Reply #676752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Illegal screen, again. So sick of that.

Reply #676753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clean block. All day long.

Reply #676754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Cotton

Reply #676755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This was the most predictable first quarter in the history of basketball.

Reply #676756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why aren't they guarding Cotton?

Reply #676757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... but how can the Cats keep up with the 36ers scoring?

Reply #676758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek tried to guard Cotton on one of those threes.

Reply #676759 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Good guys up 28-15 and 36ers looking shell shocked.

Who's chirping now boys??

Reply #676760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton is good

Reply #676761 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Cotton and offensive rebounds killing the 6ers in that qtr. Perth clearly have come out the more desperate team and Cotton lighting it up is clearly energising everyone. Sixers just need to hang in there, some real boneheaded plays by a few players at the moment.

Reply #676762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are NBL teams so awful on the road? FFS you are pro athletes.

Reply #676763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stiendl is money from three... in terms of missing, that is.

Reply #676764 | Report this post

Joey_Right  
Years ago

Good home cooking by vaughn, making sure he doesnt foul out brandt this time

Reply #676765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress has lost his touch.

Reply #676766 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Trev has the boys nice and FIRED up

Reply #676767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton and then daylight

Reply #676768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Predictable game, predictable result.

Just move onto game 3 already.

Reply #676769 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide gonna choke game 3

Reply #676770 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson got a nice expensive toy in Cotton. That's all. Imagine how bad the Cats would be without him.

Reply #676771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Getting tbe same treatment NZ for from these theee refs. All started with the no call on Brandt v Creek.

Reply #676772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt three fouls.

Reply #676773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL @ Newley's voice, wtf

Reply #676774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about Cook's non foul on Creek?

Reply #676775 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Newley?? where is Trigger?

Reply #676776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF Sixers, so sloppy with the ball.

Reply #676777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Better Newley than Trigger.

Reply #676778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers still in it. They are getting boards, and score. Just need to cut down some turn overs. Few Cats accumulating fouls, and Cotton is really the Cats' only option.

Reply #676779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton showing why he is by far the best scorer in the league

Reply #676780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... at home, at least.

Reply #676781 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It makes no difference if he was going for the ball you dickhead Gleeson shut up

Reply #676782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"secondary contact" LOL Gleeson really is in his own little world,

Reply #676783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Trev

Reply #676784 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Here come the refs for Adelaide

Reply #676785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys don't know about secondary contact?

That's why Gleeson is coaching in the NBL and you aren't!

Reply #676786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Greg hire ever sit down on the bench???

Reply #676788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J is blind

Reply #676789 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Turned it off and going to bed.

Couldn't stand all the referee whining (especially from Gleeson).

Reply #676790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J lives in Gleeson's special world.

Reply #676791 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Foul shoots!!!!! Make 70% and the differences would be 4-5 points and not 10

Reply #676792 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I see it my way, i get insulted you see it your way and i challenge the interpretation of the rule seeking explanation. Get a life

Reply #676793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Derek cooke Jr chucks up free throws like cam tragardh

Reply #676794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Newley so cocky after his poor season

Reply #676795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and less turnovers

Reply #676796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Catch you when you get home and pray for better refs on Sunday. Phantom foul calls are ridiculous. Yes Cotton shooiting well but thats it the rest is the usual Perth rubbish with Aylen and his crew buying it

Reply #676797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J probably thinks the Martin foul on Sobey wasn't a foul haha

Reply #676798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF is wrong with the sat feed on Fox?

Reply #676799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lucas Walker is garbage

Reply #676800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats still gonna lose this one

Reply #676801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesnt matter who wins. The championship is melbournes

Reply #676807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox feed has a buffering effect to it. Hopefully fixed for the second half.

Reply #676808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vaughan Mayberry is actually a fine referee

Reply #676809 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Aylen has never been for perth, the gear isn't cut at all in adelaide is it

Reply #676810 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Aylen has never been for perth, the gear isn't cut at all in adelaide is it

Reply #676811 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Aylen for perth, and I'm called delusional...

Reply #676812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what?

Reply #676813 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

dont know what to think about this half

the wildcats gave everything ans 36 ers still in this game
could get ugly in the 2nd for the cats

Reply #676814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its kinda nice seeing adelaide fans confident.

Oh wait they are always confident. Makes sense given their dominance over the last 20 years

Reply #676815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reset fox box and all good re: picture

Reply #676816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When Cotton isn't shooting, Cat's look awful.

Reply #676817 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Some frustrating calls/non calls for both teams. Perth have been more composed but Sixers have been their worst enemies from the stripe and unnecessary turnovers.

Reply #676818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has DJ scored?

Reply #676819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally!

Reply #676820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #676821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HE has now

Reply #676822 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we go.

Reply #676823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP Cats

Reply #676824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could Homicide show any more bias?

Reply #676825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Cats still gonna lose this one"

See

Reply #676826 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

what a f*ing shame

Reply #676827 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

lead was up to 17

Reply #676828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because Cotton went off

Reply #676829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travel from Brandt, then a travel from Creek. Impressive.

Reply #676830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As strong as Brandt is, I think he doesn't know how to use it well.

Reply #676831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awful D from Steindl.

Reply #676832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers not making the most of Cotton being on the bench.

Reply #676833 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton cramp?

Reply #676834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good two non calls.

Reply #676835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dirty dog move from Drmic

Reply #676836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he was just going for the rebound.

Reply #676837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another sloppy Sixers turnover argh

Reply #676838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Accidental and unfortunate from Drmic. Both going for the same space.

Reply #676839 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

cats can't keep up with the lead

definitly gonna lose this one

Reply #676840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a pivot Joey.

Reply #676841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers just can't do enough to get level or take the lead

Reply #676842 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

FFS Vaughan!!!!!

Reply #676843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol what a fluke shot

Reply #676844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is that two flops from DJ?

Reply #676845 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Derek Cooke nearly hit DJ with some serious secondary contact!!

Reply #676846 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton travelled

Reply #676847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SECONDARY CONTACT!

Reply #676848 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

No body wants a johnson flop? Lucky cooke slipped cause it looked like he was about to show johnson what it really feels like to go down that hard.

Reply #676849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree that Cotton travelled

Reply #676850 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Cats doing a good job of not giving up the lead. 36ers just not executing on offence enough to get to the front, big last quarter coming up. That Johnson and Cooke play was pretty hilarious though.

Reply #676851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sick of both coaches at this point. Pair of whingers.

Reply #676852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oooooo what a fourth quarter coming up!

Reply #676853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahahahahaha what a shit call

Reply #676854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on, that was a foul? Please!

Reply #676855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Travels all game long. The call has almost left the game.

Moore also travelled.

Reply #676856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ push in the back.

Reply #676859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the score? NBL TV not showing it.

Reply #676860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL never can get away from not getting the ticker not working. Pathetic.

Reply #676861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I thought Sixers were better than this.

Reply #676862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damo gonna Damo

Reply #676863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know the game is over when a spud like Walker hits a 3 like that

Reply #676864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahaa

Reply #676865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jesus this free throw shooting

Reply #676866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Terrible shot Sobey

Reply #676868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people in this country think hard contact on a screen is always illegal?

Reply #676869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ffs sixers useless

Utd will win easily vs. whoever

Reply #676870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because it's this country

Reply #676873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Touch shot from Brandt there. Nice to see him positive and aggressive.

Reply #676874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide should get it done on Sunday

Reply #676875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

game on!

Reply #676876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor turnovers from both sides this game.

Reply #676877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn for a moment there 3pt game again

Reply #676878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate to say it, but I probably would let Walker shoot that if I were defending him.

Reply #676879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are but you can not play against pushes in the back, illegal screens fouls that are not called. It wears you down. No matter what you do right the calls go against you and none for you. Ask NZ about their last game. Same trio. Brandt is a dirty player and at international level will not get away with it. Dj screwed this game. And how about te elbow in te face called on DJ vs martin but none on the brandt elbow to sobeys face. And no call for childress. NBL Perth bullshit again.

Reply #676880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone give a Gleeson a razor

Reply #676881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FFS Gleeson, shut up.

Reply #676882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing how pro basketballers can't hit 2 free throws

Reply #676883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charging with the ball. WTF

Reply #676884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Free throw shooting sucks.

Reply #676885 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad call. Not a defensive foul. Putting the shoulder into the defender.

Reply #676886 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Cotton was cleaned up, no foul?

Reply #676887 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Lol clock down to 15 when cats got that over the backcourt line. That rule still exist ?

Reply #676888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton has to be allowed to land. It is clear in the rules.

Also, DJ got away with plenty in this game. You can't complain there.

Reply #676889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers can't make any crucial stops.

Reply #676890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is pathetic defence from Moore to let Cotton get away from him

Game over

Reply #676891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow tight again

Reply #676892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAH. DJ looked confused by the call. Hilarious!

Reply #676893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #676894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW WOW WOW

Reply #676895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

here we go

Reply #676896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TERRIBLE +1! No continuation. So obvious. Damn!

Reply #676897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

REFEREES LOVE THE ADELAIDE 36ers....
ABSOLUTELY LOVE THEM

Reply #676898 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Any sixers fan calling home cooking is a disgrace, not deserved.

Reply #676899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto injured

Reply #676900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokito hahahaha wow.

Game alive.

Reply #676901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats a lot of home cooking now Soxers get one call and listen to the crying. Taste of your own medicine (just a tad).

Reply #676902 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tokoto x1000

Reply #676903 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

36 ers should suck the refs di*s

Reply #676904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United might sweep

Reply #676905 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Childress Wakanda'n

Reply #676906 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

good advice from an expert practitioner of that tactic ukaussie

Reply #676907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JOSH FUCKING CHILDRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #676908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hmm was that a foul?

Reply #676909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what else could Creek do????? more home cooking!!!!

Reply #676910 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Where else in the country do you see that call that often

Reply #676911 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Players running on the court, if the wildcats did that and nothing was called this forum would explode. Sixers its all good

Reply #676912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek was not jumping vertically. Jumped in.

Also, Cotton was pushed on last two fouls. He was hand checked on the previous one. Rules are clear on that.

Reply #676913 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Some terrible calls down the stretch, continuation on that Sobey break wasn't there and then creek stayed in his cylinder while cotton flopped,

Reply #676914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J talk about the Cotton drive foul please

Reply #676915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers need to bring Drmic on and get him to the line

Reply #676916 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

feel sorry for Cotton

Reply #676917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cotton picking spud

Reply #676918 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Really? How about the one dj got away with? The sobey non foul and non continuation he got. Please

Reply #676919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What possibly more could Creek do on that drive? Come on....

Reply #676920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals with the amount of leads they blow

Reply #676921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cannot believe what I'm seeing. No idea how Adelaide are in front!!

Reply #676922 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Cotton clearly exhausted - uncharacteristically missing two free throws in the final stages.

Reply #676923 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Źzzzzz this game still going?

Reply #676924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek was still moving forward after the bump from Cotton. That doesn't happen when you jump straight up.

Reply #676925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're full of horse shit Gleeson

Reply #676926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson needs to get teched

Reply #676927 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Anyone want to explain hiw that was the first foul in that sequence?

Reply #676928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you not foul Moore there

Reply #676929 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Cotton in front c'mon Gleeson

Reply #676930 | Report this post

The Rooster  
Years ago

Oh Trevor - what a great example you set

Reply #676931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GET FUCKED PERTH FUCK OFF GLEESON YEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Reply #676932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YEAH BOIIIIIIII

Reply #676933 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

bye bye catties

Reply #676934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Morons

Reply #676935 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Brooms baby, yeh!

Reply #676936 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
BBBBBBBBBAAAAAAABBBBBYYYYYYYY'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #676937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LMAO Sixers could not hit free throws but luckily an O board on that miss at the end

Reply #676938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reffing sucked, but not a bad game anyway. Cats at least tried.

Reply #676939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson unacceptable behaviour at the end there swearing at refs. Has bad behaviour and chocked after leading the league for half the season. He gawn?

Reply #676940 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Shut up Gleeson. Go suck on your moobs.

Reply #676941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahahahaha

Reply #676942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Gleeson is fired now. No performance and bad conduct. That's two strikes.

Reply #676943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you not get that board there

Reply #676944 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

I wonder, did Chill brick the second shot to avoid the cats timeout and last second shot. ?

Reply #676945 | Report this post

Whingerball  
Years ago

Well done Adelaide outplayed and out coached us. Offensive rebounds were the difference. Good luck in the final.

Reply #676946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What an offensive rebound by Drmic at the end!

Reply #676948 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Cats would have swept melbourne easy.

Reply #676949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Sobey Continuation completely changed the game in the last minute.

The Refs needed that to collect there 36ers bets..

No wonder this league is an after thought in this country.

LOL, how are the TV ratings for this league? LOLOLOL

Reply #676950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are better than tha but you need to play execptionally well and have the right refs in Perth. Tonight they still won without playing their best and with the wrong refs. Thats shows just how good they can be. Now lets count the Ware/Goulding step ins to oppostion cylinders and flops. May crack a huge number with 5 games up for grabs

Reply #676952 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sorry, I missed the final score - what was it?

Reply #676953 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Wagstaff had the inside position on the free throw... weak sauce dude. Hustled by Drmic, that's embarrassing

Reply #676954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers beat the Cats and the refs. Good mental toughness going into a GF vs. Utd.

The Perth/NZ decade of GF appearances is over!!!

Reply #676955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tokoto stunk down the stretch. And how on earth he was a defender is beyond me. Fumbling that rebound and the turnover before that was unforgivable.

Reply #676956 | Report this post

ukaussie  
Years ago

this league's a shame
those refs are a shame

Reply #676957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

89-88

Reply #676959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson LOST Tokoto mid way through the season. Poor coaching and poor management not replacing Knight. Stiendl because his girlfriend plays for the Lynx got signed = lol, lazy recruiting. You reap what you sow.

Reply #676960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good tough game, Childress superb, really enjoyed it as a neutral. Both coaches should stop bitching though, it's a blight on the game.

Reply #676961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So much salt in this thread, taste it red army!!!!!!

Reply #676962 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

hahaha fuck the wildcats!!!

Reply #676963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Sobey barely gets touched, then takes 3 more steps and chucks it up and it gets counted LOL
No wonder this bush league with bush league referees is an after thought in this country.

Reply #676964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers sign Childress what a masterstroke.

Meanwhile Cats signed Cooke Jr. and Stiendl. Hahahahaha

Spot the difference.

Reply #676965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How are the TV ratings for this league?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HEY LK, are you still going to get a massive TV deal?

LOL, YOU PAY FOXTEL to show your product LOL
How embarrassing.

Also the Big Bash is EXPANDING next season.

Good luck with your league

Reply #676966 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Lots of anonymous posts. Is that because Pussycat fans can't write their own names? or are they too embarrassed ?

Reply #676967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL this game is NOT even trending on twitter

LOL, shows how popular this league is in this country

BUSH LEAGUE REFEREES

Reply #676968 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Don't know how we won this but rebounding like that again will cost us. Glad we are through but hate this Melbourne matchup.

Reply #676969 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Solid game. Perth/Cotton with a hell of a first Q, otherwise it was pretty much Sixers all the way. So glad we finally get the finals we deserve, should be an entertaining series.

Reply #676970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You don't have to watch it, go back to your chess games.

Reply #676971 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Two awesome games to finish the semis! What great finishes.

Great effort.

So Cotton carries his team again but did his contract shape Perth's outcome?

Reply #676972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Imagine if Adam Silver PERSONALLY OWNED an NBA team

HAHAHAHAHAH

ONLY in this bush league

Reply #676973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salty salty salty

Reply #676974 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

At least try not to capitalise every third word on all your posts, salty Cats fan, to give the illusion of multiple people who share the same views as you.

Reply #676975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a bush league that wont be around in a few years after LK wont be able to sell the TV rights for a big deal.

He wont continue to bleed money

Reply #676976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if Sobey gets fouled on his side of half way and he runs all the way for a layup if they will count it.

That was sooooo funny.

Reply #676977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that was just DELICIOUS.

Haven't seen so many disappointed bogans since they lowered the ABV of VB.

Reply #676978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So let me figure this out...

Cats lose = HAHAHA look at the ratings HAHAHA bush league etc.

If the Cats won none of these aspects of the league would change, dumbo.

Reply #676979 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

An mvp spent most of the second half on the bench, was on one leg otherwise. Carried by some dubious calls down the stretch. Be confident, good luck with it though.

Reply #676980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth bogans drink Emu Export or Swan Gold not VB as that's Victorian.

Reply #676981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up about your bush league shit you salty Wildcats loser

Reply #676982 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

And one final whinge. Who shot more in the paint? Who got more fta? Home cooking? Just know ware jr and goulding get all the sobey copperfield fouls and then some.

Reply #676983 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

Any Cats fan blaming the refs should leave and never come back, we blew an 18pt lead at home.

Too many inconsistent players, i wonder if Lemanis is re considering his choice of Wagstaff, after his 1pt 3 rebound game tonight.

Reply #676984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Swan Gold lel

Reply #676985 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Is that the first road playoff win by the Sixers since that epic comeback against the cats back in 2003? If so that's a long time between drinks!

Impressive by the players to just stay in the game and be within striking distance at the end, even though we weren’t executing with the normal efficiency on offence. Childress then came up big and got the team over the line. Perth clearly relied too much on cotton and he seemed to have very little has left in the tank at the end but still had an incredible game!

Can’t wait for the grand final!

Reply #676987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wahahahahah an 18pt lead.

Imagine if Cotton wasn't on fire, he made them look good. Too bad for Trev the NBL went down from 48 mimites to only 40 and not 39.

Reply #676988 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

And J had his final winge! The night gets even better!

Reply #676990 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Nah uncle phil i always have something for you.

Enjoy your finals series, they are fantastic. Go to the games, lose your voice and savour it. I know ;p

Reply #676991 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Good let the Perth clean out begin.
Melbourne to win 2018 title.

Reply #676992 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I wonder how Devondrick Walker would've turned out

Reply #676995 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

There were just a few seconds - after Damo hit Cotton for that and-1 - when my money didn't quite feel safe.
But really, Adelaide are just too good.
We've got the right grand final coming up. It's got potential to be a good one.

Proud of how hard the cats fought.
I'm almost happier losing tonight than scraping home and then copping another 30 point hiding in Adelaide.

Reply #676997 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Cotton going nuts in the first quarter made this game seem more even than it probably was. Gleeson got his way and lots of ugly contact was let go.

Reply #676999 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

home cooking? oh right, so when the foul count is like 26 fouls to 11, that's OK at Perth Arena in favour of the cats. But when its close, or someone wants a whinge, its home cooking. Gee whiz J, you cant have your cake early at 13 points the lead early in the second, to choke and then blame reffing. fair suck of the sav mate

Reply #677001 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The question now is will this series take a toll or spur the 36ers on? Melbourne have had a nice rest but will that help them or slow their momentum?

Reply #677002 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Melbourne don't really have momentum, they played like crap in the semis.

The time off is goood, they can put some polish on what they're doing.

Reply #677004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salty Cats fans whinging is better than the actual result.
I can see the back page of the Advertiser tomorrow.

"Sixers come up big in Pussycat Valley"

Reply #677005 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't reckon Adelaide would want a longer rest than this. The greater risk is Melbourne getting stale I reckon.

Reply #677006 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Melbourne hasn't shown signs of being stale defensively for months. Offensively they were stale in the NZ series. The break can only be good for them

Reply #677007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Geez I really hope that cut deep for the cats fans. Nothing like seeing grown men in face paint all emotional.

Reply #677010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide with a normal week off whereas Melbourne are on ice for 11 days hmmm.

Reply #677011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth were up 41-23. Wow, what a choke. Gleeson can't manage an 18 point lead.

Reply #677012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #677013 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Feel the pain Wildcat supporters! Feel the anger, disappointment and sadness. Tonight was payback for 87, 89, 91, 96, 02/03 and 13/14.

I've waited almost 20 years to see the Sixers enjoy the euphoria of knocking the Cats out of the finals!!!

I will enjoy this moment, it will probably be another 20 before it happens again! :-)

Reply #677014 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Meh, can't win them all. Balance just wasn’t there this year. Congrats to the 36ers, just to good at the end of the day. It’s a bit funny reading all the "Perth Hate" comments, regardless of their form this season, what the club has achieved in the last decade has been outstanding.

Reply #677015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's to be expected train with all the hate, unfortunately the majority of the cat fan base isn’t as normal and logical as yourself or luuuc. Really hope koberulz is upset especially. Knocking the cats out is so beautiful.

Reply #677016 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

"Melbourne don't really have momentum, they played like crap in the semis."

Yet they just swept the breakers??

Reply #677017 | Report this post

Ayjay  
Years ago

Here's hoping Adelaide can wind up Melbourne in three and we can get on board with the Crows.
Five games is overkill!!!

Well done Sixers! What a finish!

Reply #677018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 3 is the same time as the Crows opening game, might need to get 2 TVs in the same room for that

Reply #677020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

watching the 36ers for the past 18 seasons I'm still in shock that they weren't finally the ones to crumble and blow a unloseable game!

Reply #677022 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

"I wonder how Devondrick Walker would've turned out"

From what I remember when he initially signed he was just about as athletic as tokoto, With a smaller vertical. But was also a bit of a dead eye from 3. Think tokoto had about 4 threes all season.

Given steindl being a bust for perimeter scoring I can only see walker putting the team in better balance offensively, cotton basically the only guy you couldn't afford to sag on and maybe wagstaff for 1game only.

Perth need a restructure imo, that much is certain.

Reply #677023 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Unloseable? Other than Bryce Cotton going nuts in the first quarter the Wildcats had nothing. Adelaide won the other three quarters and frankly I'm surprised Perth came as close as they did.

I said at half time Adelaide were in a pretty good position.

Reply #677024 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I was at the game tonight and thought it was one of the best games ive seen. Not happy the cats lost of course but didn't expect them to win the series against the sixers anyway. The writing has been on the wall for most of the season due to their poor decisions recruiting wise. Their interior D and rebounding has been below their usual standard. Childress and creek were superb and took advantage in that area.

I cant see melbourne beating this sixers side and after tonights come back win they will have even more belief.

Reply #677027 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Melbourne just give us fits though.

Reply #677031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United have depth but they do have a tendancy to go missing when things get tight. If they get rolling early hard to stop, but they looked really poor against the Hawks for example and even against the Breakers at home in parts. Adelaide if they get a sniff will hard to stop. If Adelaide win game 1, they win the title

Reply #677033 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Ahhh, Wildcats supporters in this thread.

"As a Mistral employee once told me
You're only as good as your fans"

(TISM, Play Mistral for Me)

Reply #677034 | Report this post

Ushiro  
Years ago

At half time, I said to the wife, if the 36ers can cut out the turnovers, they can win this. When Cotton scored off of the great pass from Martin with not long to go, I was just about ready to think about game three.

Perth's new favourite Movie: "Gone in 60 Seconds"

Reply #677041 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Adelaide were the much better team for 3 of the 4 quarters. Managed 89 pts even with shocker of the 1st qtr. Perth only have 2 avenues in Cotton and Tokoto. Occasionally Wagstaff and Martin will hit some 3's and Brandt stays out of foul trouble. He is just way too aggressive and physical all the time. No need to be banging and hitting opponent every play. Once Cotton was down they have nothing. If Sixers shot F/T at around 80% they would've won by nearly 10. With DJ having shocker of a game we manage to find others to step up which is a good sign for Grand Final series. Not sure if we have anyone for Boone though. Drmic as a bench player really stands up in clutch wether it is defence, rebounds or being in the right place. A good commodity to have.
Perth stuffed up by not acting when Knight retired. Sixers proactive by acting on Childress. Just goes to show how crucial one decision is in the long run.
Tokoto probably sealed his fate with that fumbled rebound at the end.

Reply #677042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Missed box out from free throw = loss. Lesson for the kiddies there. Unforgivable!

Reply #677061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson and Wagstaff had woefull stats, and very average years but still playing for Australia.

Reply #677063 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Replay of last night's game on Foxsport 5 now.

This will be twice as nice.

Reply #677065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how the Wildcats Facebook page doesn't post a final score graphic whenever they lose but have it up immediately following a win..

Reply #677070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone able to explain why it wasn't a tech when the Adelaide players ran into the court? I thought it's an immediate tech when that happens.

Reply #677079 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

' Refs want this to go to game 3 . They get more money. '
Joey told his players at a time out..

( Alan Black - the best commentating I ever heard ...Perth radio.)

Reply #677081 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

I just watched the recording of the game. I noticed the last 71 seconds of game time took 15 minutes to get through. For me, that really killed the excitement that had built up through that last quarter.

It was suspenseful, yes, but somewhat anticlimactic. There were extended delays on a couple of sets of foul shots, multiple time-outs and multiple breaks in the game for fouls and other violations. Essentially, the game turned into a sequence of short flurries of game time, sandwiched between minutes of nothing or not much happening.

Personally, I would have preferred fewer interruptions and more sustained excitement rather than the stop-start finish that happened. I ended up fast forwarding through the interruptions and foul shots anyway.

Reply #677082 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

alan black said it was gonna be a tech straight away as soon as shorter ran on the court..

Reply #677085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Funny how the Wildcats Facebook page doesn't post a final score graphic whenever they lose but have it up immediately following a win."

I follow their twitter and they have post-game graphics up straight after every game, win or lose.

Reply #677088 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Entering the court when not permittef is an auto suspension too.

Reply #677091 | Report this post

Roger Murdoch  
Years ago

Tech for running on court, please, the amount of time you see coaches actually on court during play is more then you would think. Happens all the time, ( not in danger of getting in the way of play but still should not be on the court). Need to be all over this during season before calling it in a semi.

Sixers deserving winners with Cats not that far away, its a fine line. Remember they were written off last year way too early. Always tough in finals to beat ( OK except in Game 1 ). As a Sixers fan couldn't be happier, surely for the neutrals and the NBL in general it has to be good to see 2 new teams have a crack.

Must say these threads are much more entertaining when it is not so Ref dominant, but Ref's do drive emotion in any sport.

Reply #677093 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I dont like Shorter. His antics mainly and even after they had won he kept on giving it to the crowd. Should definitely have been teched for running onto the court.

But hes been very good for the sixers though

Reply #677094 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

"Funny how the Wildcats Facebook page doesn't post a final score graphic whenever they lose but have it up immediately following a win.."

Anyone who criticises Wildcats social media is just a crab. They have been setting the standard for social media and keeping fans informed for a long time now. No the final score was not on FB, but it is every other time, win or lose, and it was all over Twitter.

Reply #677096 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Tech for running on court, please, the amount of time you see coaches actually on court during play is more then you would think. Happens all the time, ( not in danger of getting in the way of play but still should not be on the court). Need to be all over this during season before calling it in a semi."

If they had have just stepped into the court I'd agree with you, but they full on ran on to the court celebrating. Joey went nuts at the players to sit down when he realised how lucky they were to get away with it.

Reply #677103 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

'Cats needed some of this...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10216413603636284&id=1341753993

Reply #677108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was D Walker with the Cats the whole season?

Reply #677157 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:18 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754