!
Years ago

how many could they get to GF series ?

Hypothetical here -

If there was unlimited seating for GF series - what do you think the crowd numbers would be ?

Adelaide's home final will sell out in no time. Capacity around ? 8,000.

Good time for NBL finals to be scheduled as no other live sports peaking and competing for media too much.

Melbourne will sell out particularly if it goes to game 3.

So if they had venues like the USA (temporary court in the middle of a playing field)I would guess -

Adelaide could easily get 15,000 and Melbourne 25,000 and if if was looking like a great game 3 schedules at the right time - they could get 35,000.

This promises to be an interesting series and I am expecting a lot of media over the next week.

Topic #42864 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure but on the Fox broadcast last night, they said that 10,000 seats had been sold in Melbourne for game 1.

Can anyone confirm this? (I find that a bit hard to believe)

Reply #677129 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Yep, i'm excited.

I was going for Perth last night, only because I don't want this thing to stop plus game 3 in Adelaide would have been a cracker...damn!!

Reply #677131 | Report this post

^  
Years ago

of course if it is an even series with good games - a marketing dream ! games 4 and 5 will get a lot of interest

Reply #677133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10,000 Seats across the 2 games (5000 each)

The United games won't sell out. Cheapest tickets went from $30 to $51 (adult) .. factor that in with VJBL and AFL starting Friday nights are horrible for United.

Also, game 5 will fall on Easter weekend, alot of people will be away

Reply #677151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne sold 10k tickets for G1 already apparently. They opened ticket purchases while the other semi series was still being played.

Reply #677162 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Why is it hard to believe that United cant get 10000? They averaged 8000+ during the regular season and had 10300 on a number of occasions. They will sellout all their games.

Reply #677187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I don't see that United number as unrealistic at all (not sarcasm)

Reply #677218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is realistic. I went to every home game with the exception of the two Friday night games, due to VJBL. It is easy to see when it is legit and when it is not.

Reply #677354 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Well game 2 is already sold out.

Reply #677373 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

I'd imaging they'll be expecting sellouts regardless but interestingly they chose not to fit Game3 in before AFL starts (Thu 22nd). Also Game3 in Melbourne goes up against the Crows game played in Melbourne at the same time. Certainly makes it out of the question for any Adelaide fans wanting to come across for both.

Reply #677383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Well game 2 is already sold out"

Where did you see this?

Reply #677389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:02 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754