Hogwash
Years ago

GF Predictions

Who will win 2018 Championship and GF MVP?
I'm going Melbourne 3-1 and Ware for MVP.

Your picks?

Topic #42873 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide 3-1. Childress MVP

Reply #677323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide are totally the underdogs. Earlier today they were over $3, shortened to $2.75. United $1.45
The important thing for United to to get a Chip.

Reply #677347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Goulding finals MVP as he scores r5 per game on the no D suxers

Reply #677358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers 3-1
Sobey mvp

Reply #677361 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I can see this series going the distance, 5 games... Struggle to see any game being a real blow out. Both teams are very different since their four games so early in the season with different players out etc. Both teams have built their chemistry and consistency, hence both having 12 wins from their last 14 games. They truly are the "form" teams of the comp. I also think that there depth of 5-7 guys who can step up and make strong, important contributions means we're in for an awesome series. My biased 36ers fan view leads to my tip of them claiming the series in 5... :)

Reply #677364 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

With my Wildcats out and that of course meaning I'm saving on $ and with my hatred of all these swept series in recent years I really hope this goes to 5 and I think that we may have a couple of blow outs there but you have to imagine that Melbourne have the best chance to win it.

Casey Prather for Larry Sengstock medal as he won't be as fatigued as others and should be due for some good form and of course he is clutch!

Reply #677367 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

The bruise-free Hawks aren't there, so I think it'll be 3-2 but not sure which way.

Reply #677379 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

melb in 4

Reply #677400 | Report this post

Vic Wildcat  
Years ago

5 good tight games, don't care who wins, just like to see a cracking series.

Reply #677406 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Adel in 4

Reply #677414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm going United 3-1.
Ware or Boone for MVP.

Reply #677430 | Report this post

What's everyone’s thoughs on the matchups?

Sobey < Ware
Shorter > Goulding
Creek > Prather
Johnson > Wesley
Childress < Boone

Moore > Anderson
Drmic < Felix
Deng > Majok
Teys < Barlow

Open to discussion, this is just my opinion. This series will go to 4 or 5.
Sixers in 4 if they steal game 1
United in 5 otherwise.

Adelaide switch on defence a lot which can help as we have guys that can literally defend 4 positions. However, get lazy and switch under the screen and Ware and CG43 will have a field day. #1 key to this series is rebounding. Gotta keep Boone off the glass, same as Childress if you’re United.

Reply #677472 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Goulding will have 1 good game, maybe 2 if it goes to 5 games. will be V underwhelming in 9 of the first 12 quarters

Reply #677480 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

16 years

So Hodgson doesn't play?

Moore guarding a stretch 4/5?

Maybe some of these are mismatches the 2 coaches will try to get and exploit.

I agree with Childress on Boone for Adelaide. Chill to try to keep the contest outside the key and look for steals any time Boone puts the ball below his shoulders. Try to restrict him to rebounds and put backs essentially. If Boone starts getting it inside for close moves, bring in Hodgeson for hard fouls (not his usual dumb fouls) and wear him down. Avoid Johnson guarding Boone at all costs.

Each team has matchups they’d like to exploit, and others they’d like to avoid.

Melbourne’s danger man is Boone. Adelaide’s could well be Moore.

Reply #677566 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Refs to completely flummox players, coaches and fans alike, but hopefully no more than twice per game.

Reply #677567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beenwaiting-Theres no Felix, he's an import and they have Ware, Boone & Prather. You must mean Hooley or Moeller

Reply #677584 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754