AJ
Years ago

Sixers TV Ad

I just saw the new sixers add on channel 9 and although they are trying i was disapointed with the final result. All it was, was Dusty and Willie talking about how good the game will be with a full house. I reckon if they want a good add then show some vision of them playing basketball not talking.

Topic #4289 | Report this topic

BMG  
Years ago

They could try advertising in prime time instead of a sunday arvo. Even during kids tv would be better than now. I guess it all comes down to $

Reply #49729 | Report this post

in the know  
Years ago

why do tv at all?

it was quite poorly done, and that type of ad will not get a big response.. they are better off specifically targeting basketball and sport fans to get them to go to the game...

last nite at aami stadium they couldve used the 50k people there and done something on the bigscreen - wouldve been seen by more ppl who are interested in sport...

Reply #49731 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

good Idea

Reply #49741 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

The showdown last night would have been a great opportunity to advertise. It may have converted a lot of the Port fans who walked away quite disgusted. Who knows, they may have been looking for something better and basketball might have been the way to go for them.

Reply #49758 | Report this post

pool bell  
Years ago

And I think you'll find a 30 second ad on the big screen at AAMI would have been worth a dollar amount that we would have lambasted management for spending.

Reply #49794 | Report this post

egalitarian  
Years ago

The Port fans could have been told about the flower show at the Port Adeladie stadium.

That would have been a winner!

Reply #49806 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

On the positive side: At least they're promoting the game. I'm sure budgetary constraints limited the ads being played at prime time.

Go Sixers

Reply #49808 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

You think a 30 second ad on the bigscreen would've cost more than the one on free to air TV, i doubt it. I think that would have been a fantastic idea, but its all very good looking back.

Reply #49856 | Report this post

in the know  
Years ago

thankyou, thankyou... Sixers should hire me as marketing manager - instead of hiring x players to do the marketing

Reply #49917 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Bit harsh In the know, I will say well done to the sixers but i hope the next ad is a little more 'action'

Reply #49933 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754