AshT
Years ago

Betting: NBL 2018 Grand Final Series

Game 1;

Adelaide 36ers 2.73 & +5 @ 1.90

It seems there's plenty of confidence in United’s price at home but I can’t quite see it that way. 36ers drive and belief seems unwavering, which should make them extra tough to stave off. For conversation sake, 36ers add Creek, Drmic and Doyle since the 99-91 pre-Christmas HA result, with MVP contender Childress still finding his feet having only recently joined the squad. Prather was absent for United but they don’t seem to have the same guy back as yet. It seems fairly unanimous that the 4-0 season split means nothing. I’ve marked United as favorite by a mere whisker, so didn’t hesitate to take the early deal about Adelaide. I suspect they will tighten further by game time.

Not sure if I’ll go ahead yet but I believe a bet on a five-game-series is value at combined odds of 2.72 (the net result of backing both United 3-2 @ 5.00 & 36ers 3-2 @ 6.00)

Topic #42892 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you place any futures bets preseason? If so what?

Reply #677850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

loaded up on Perth/36ers halftime/fulltime in game 2 at $7 odds. Plenty to play with in the Grand Final now.

Reply #677857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love all the cooking shows where everyone is so confident in their abilities to cook for a few people or maybe even a few more.
WE will crush it they say. Let's have a great cook and get the W.
The reality is that the 6'ers this season are 0-4.
Self belief is great and good on em for that.
So what's changed that the bookies don't know about. If the 6'ers lose the 1st one it might be a sweep. 6'ers win the first and then win at home who knows. United for me. 6'ers unlikely.

Reply #677858 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

"Did you place any futures bets preseason? If so what?"

No but like some people had mentioned on this site 13.00 Adelaide did seem an overreaction for losing Randle.

The only futures I had was Trice for MVP but his form dried up from the moment I backed him.

Reply #677860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AshT - Yes a lot of people said 36ers were overs but it seems like no one put their money where their mouth was? Which sucks, we need to make the bookies pay!

#858 - Nice HT/FT bet @ $7 dude. I had my real bet for G2 ($1k) on Sixers and was happy with that comeback! :D

Also had a secondary bet only because of a promo - "your team get to 10pts first but lose money back" - which I placed on the Wildcats :D So both hit :D

Reply #677957 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

That's a good post Anon.
I guess that's what NZ said some 4 games ago when Melbourne hadn't beaten them for almost 12 games in a row.
Its great having self belief as you mention, but cockiness and ahead of yourselves is far worse

Reply #678015 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I got about $4k on United at $4 when they were struggling early in the season.

I know they should win this thing but I'm concerned about their woeful offence and the fact that they shot so well from deep in all 4 games v Adelaide. I actually think Adelaide will win it.

Reply #678035 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Maybe it's the shookitis talking

Reply #678036 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It'll be a very tight series and will go to 5 games. That's my prediction.

United to win at home in Game 5.

I've always thought home court was crucial, ever since 2009. Tigers would've won that title if Westover hadn't made the dumb move of putting Barlow to PG which killed the start of the season and ensured Dragons had home court in the Finals- where the home team won all 5 games.

Reply #678039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I got about $4k on United at $4 when they were struggling early in the season."

Well that explains your man love for them.

Also if you're not sure about Utd you can cash out or partial cash out since their odds to win the title are $1.6x now. You still make money. Let us know what you do, love betting stories.

Reply #678040 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ride or die baby. Going for it all

Reply #678045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice. I had Cats at $5 which felt like a steal during the first half of the season and then it went to sh_t but luckily I got out and still made a little $.

Still sucks though, in equity I had 1000s in potential winnings if they replaced Knight properly/replaced Cooke etc. C_nts!

Reply #678046 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I put a couple grand on Sydney Kings to make the GF at $12 the morning it was reported Randle and Tyler were signing. That overtime loss in Illawarra was devastating

Reply #678047 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Don't regret it at all, was a really good bet

Reply #678048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clearly

Reply #678071 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Don't you hate yourself for betting on Perth though? I know I would

Reply #678076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, I can't argue with that. Thankfully $ixer$ have been making me money lately. Useless Perth.

Reply #678077 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:16 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754