Ayjay
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers lack competetive 3 point game

Have been harping on it most of the season . If we can't compete from range against the top 4 teams we will be exposed. The only training the Sixers need to put in before Sunday is three point shooting.

2/11 will never a title win.

I also have to say that when only the most blatant of defensive fouls are being called when driving for the ring you have to make sure to draw blatant fouls!

Disappointing tonight. From half time the Sixers should have won that game.

I hope on Sunday the referees will be encouraged loudly by the crowd to be more consistent. A few soft fouls can give a team great momentum.

Personally I would like to see those Asian refs back to umpire our finals series while our own suffer retraining.

Different outcome?

Absolutely!

Well almost probably. LOL

One game down,

Thoughts please.

Topic #42909 | Report this topic

Barry  
Years ago

unfortunately it will be over in 3

Reply #678370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Annoying when the Sixers aren't gifted every soft call when they dive at the defender.

Reply #678371 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If you're fouled you're fouled. They play up tempo. Drive and attack. Of course opposition fans will winge about the foul count. That's what fans do. It's definitely frustrating to see players take the initiative, get fouled and have the ref waive it off but that's what happens and in the end you have to find a way to win.

Reply #678374 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I don't like the term "soft foul". That's what you call a "foul" when your supporting the other team.

Reply #678375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Playing the whistle never pans out in finals.

Reply #678382 | Report this post

Bill  
Years ago

u can have Steindl lol

Reply #678384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey throws his body around and gets the call, regardless of if their is contact or not, on the road or at home. Hardly attack and fouled, uDog. It's a flop, no matter how you try to paint it. Flop.

Reply #678386 | Report this post

NannasAlwaysRight  
Years ago

Bring back Christopherson. Least the guy put the ball up.
Or give Deng some time and allow him to at least have a shot or two. Licence to thrill in Game 2

Reply #678393 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Opposition fans will always winge about foul counts if they end up uneven. And coaches will point it out as Gleeson did to try and influence some calls. Bottom line is the style of play will result in more fouls. Commentators and journalists continue to point it out and I have no doubt fans realise this too but will always be biased towards their team. At the end of the day if it's a foul you call it. I'd be pissed if I missed a shot and was fouled but the play was waived off.

Reply #678395 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

The should give Drmic more time and try and play a high pick and roll with a kick to the corner.

Its the same in any league, as it gets to the pointy end you need to hit a good amount of 3's.

Its hard to get a good lead making only 2's.

Reply #678397 | Report this post

He's the GOAT  
Years ago

Funny when Adelaide and Perth sides lose so much blame gets proportioned to the officiating.

RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME.

Reply #678398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drimic was minus 23 in 14 minutes, he's not the answer, Deng would be a better option.
The refereeing was good, it certainly went both ways and as previously said Joey would be better coaching instead of whining all game. Hope next season they jump on the coaches ripping into the refs all the time it’s bull shit.

Reply #678404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No need for doom and gloom Adelaide fans.
You need 3 out of 4 to get the chip.

Reply #678410 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Yes even we desperate for more points in last minutes we kept driving at basket and of course not many calls.
We have to open Melb. up with some decent 3 point shooting , think Drimic better option at least he can defend unlike Deng.

Reply #678413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahhahaha salty Adelaide fans are looking to next year already and blaming the refs!!!

Reply #678416 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Sixers in 4. Melbourne hit 3s we didn't. Simple analogy. We will adjust and whip ass Sunday then smash it game 3 in Melbourne followed by a grind it out at home win game 4.

United couldn’t play any better while we were running at about 60%

Reply #678420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We lost by 11

United hit 11 more threes

Simple maths

Reply #678427 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

"We lost by 11

United hit 11 more threes

Simple maths"

So you believe if the Sixers would have won by 22 otherwise?

Reply #678433 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Lovebroker, let's take a sample of 11 possessions for each team. While Adelaide shoots 2-pointers, United shoots 3-pointers.

2 minus 2 equals 1, right.

1 x 11 = 11

If you want to be a smart ass, you've at least got to be right.

Reply #678435 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

its only game one, 36er fans are imploding a bit early.

Reply #678436 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha it's good to see

Reply #678437 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

*Make that 3 minus 2 = 1

Reply #678438 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Not the start Adelaide wanted. And yes, it is a fact that 88% of the teams who win the first game go onto win the series. But I don't think it should be panic stations. I am very confident Adelaide will protect their home floor, we just need to steal just ONE at Hisense Arena. Last night was a fairly poor display and I don't expect them to shoot or rebound that poorly again in this series. It's very much alive but the team cannot afford to drop a home game.

Reply #678441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha Manu with the massive self-own!

Reply #678444 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Hope you realise there's a difference between being fundamentally wrong and making a typo, dude. For you sake

Reply #678448 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Your*

Reply #678449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want to be a smart ass, you've at least got to be right.

Reply #678454 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Sixers really struggled to drive and dish in 2nd half. Were driving into 3 defenders. Teams hug the keyway against them knowing they have no 3pt shooters.

Reply #678457 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

What's heartening going into Game 2 is that United shot their worst percentage from deep in any of the 5 games vs Adelaide this season

Reply #678464 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

C'mon game 2!!

Reply #678465 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Well today's game answers this thread.

Adelaide don't need a 3 point game to give themselves a chance of winning the title- they'll just need to get to the free throw line 78 times every game

Reply #678690 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Agreed LV, it was more about the points from TO's that cost the Sixers the first game. 32 points from TO's for Melbourne in game 1, only 4 in game 2!

Reply #678726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep fouling so many times will do that. Thats because they were smashed. Couldn't play a lick of D United. Ken Cole tipped 6'ers in 4. Might be right.

Reply #678732 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Beantown on the money. United love their 3's though it seems.

Reply #678779 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:21 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754