Anonymous
Years ago

GF Game 1 on Fox Sports 57k

Ratings figure for game 1 in Melbourne, live on Fox Sports 503, 57k Nationally.

That's a bit better I guess.

Topic #42911 | Report this topic

ME  
Years ago

It was on FTA LIVE too I believe, so all things considered it probably rated over or around 100K. And the rating of 57K probably makes it in the top 20 shows watched on Foxtel. this is a solid result.

Reply #678439 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Where did you get those stats btw?

Reply #678440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was on FTA LIVE too I believe, so all things considered it probably rated over or around 100K. And the rating of 57K probably makes it in the top 20 shows watched on Foxtel. this is a solid result.

It wasn't live on FTA. It was delayed at 12:25am.

Twitter Ausmediaweek publishes figures

Reply #678442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Broncos v Cowboys got 283k on Foxtel.

Whoever is telling you that a ratings figure of 57k would be in the top 20 Foxtel ratings figure, is really full of it

Reply #678445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A-League between Adelaide and Melbourne City got 40k for comparison.

Reply #678451 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Top 20 on Foxtel usually bottoms out at about 33 thousand, so it probably was top 20.

Yes, you can show a show that gets 280K, but everything else is generally getting a lot less.

Reply #678455 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Id imagine no-one in Queensland would take notice of the NBL finals anyway. All of Brisbane would have watched the Broncos as well as anyone in Townsville. Thats probably where they got their 280k from.

57k for the NBL is solid and Fox should be happy (even though they dont pay for it) Hope they can keep that up and get more throughout the series.

Reply #678460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many watched on the internet,I did and all the people I know who are basketball junkies all watch on the net.

Reply #678485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah everyone I know watched it on the app because it wasn't live on TV FTA

Reply #678494 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That would be one of the highest rating NBL games on Fox ever. In 2008 GF G5 of Melbourne v Sydney averaged in the low 50Ks from memory and that was a record at the time.

Reply #678496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched on the android fone.

Reply #678498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct paul. The record being broken was close but unfortunately I don't have stats either.

Reply #678508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't on TV live in Perth, only delayed at about 12am

Reply #678727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TV Tonight don't have a top 20 ratings for last Friday up yet but the Semi Final the previous Friday that got 34 thousand was 13th on that night only beaten by other sport and stuff on Nick Jr strangely enough

https://tvtonight.com.au/2018/03/friday-9-march-2018.html

Reply #678815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grand Final game 1 rated 4th in Foxtel's programs for that day. Behind two NRL games (both above 200,000) and something about the Professor's Farewell Tour (above 150,000).

Reply #679133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Professor thing is the NRL post game show.

Reply #679141 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:22 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754