Isaac
Years ago

NBL Grand Final Game 2: 36ers vs United, March 18

Adelaide get a chance to level the series at home. Will they do it?

Topic #42917 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

All i know is there is going to be a lot of salty people on this site today.

Melb by 4

Reply #678539 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

Where is Jack Toft to lead us into biggest game of year.
Look for our stars to go up a level and plan B game plan to help open up our keyway and actually shoot some 3 s.
Defensive rebounds would be handy.
This is time for team and supporters to bring their best game.

Reply #678540 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Well even if Melbourne (dis)United ware to win, the fact we have got a change of government should bring a smile to the dial to South Aussies.

Reply #678541 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I expect our effort levels to be markedly improved over Game 1 and to get the win.

Reply #678543 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Hopefully Sixers get the lights out of their eyes and settle into a rhythm for Game 2. United seem to have all the answers though.

Reply #678545 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha that's as good as a concession, Jack

Reply #678547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone out (calf flare up), Chris Patton in.

Reply #678548 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The return bout is here and I trust Jazzy is under strict orders to turn off the hot water to the visitors showers.

Melbourne were always expected to get game 1 and they should have got that by 20, so an 11 point win is kind of like a loss.

Game 1 showed just how reliant United are on certain players and how shallow their bench is. CG43 had a great game, but he consistently fails to back it up time after time. 26 points was a great effort, but after a good game he can't get it up for a second stint. Look at his record, if he gets double figures this afternoon, that would be a goof effort.

Sixers were beaten outside the arc last game and need to drill those home in order to secure a win today. Great games need players to step up and the stage is set for a Sixer to step up to the plate. I'm putting my kiss of death on Sobey to be that player today and get a bag outside the arc.

It's a 5 game series. Come 6 pm, if it's not 1-1, then coming from behind to go 3-2 will ensure this Sixers team GF win will be even sweeter

Reply #678549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Melbourne were always expected to get game 1 and they should have got that by 20, so an 11 point win is kind of like a loss."

Unfortunately the scoreboard doesn't lie and it's 1-0 to Melbourne at the moment.

Reply #678550 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Anon, if what you say is true, how bad is the damage for Boone?

Reply #678554 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

11 point win is kind of a loss. That's gold :)
Adelaide should get this at home.

Reply #678555 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

C'mon 6ers!

Reply #678557 | Report this post

The Original JR  
Years ago

This will be interesting to see the adjustments Joey makes following game 1. Does he stay with his switching mantra, if he does then will he have a double team strategy on the post up mismatches that United made use of in the second half. How does he defend Ware on the switch out high with his bigs? Is Ware 100%?

We will see all answered in less than an hour. I'm 50/50 on who wins this, it’s a must win for Adelaide to have any chance in this series.

Maybe Shorter will be more worried about playing than talking to the crowd this game.

Reply #678558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter needs to let his game do the talking instead of talking smack to people in the front row VIP seats, he needs to 'break even' with Ware if the 6ers are any chance today. GO 6ers!

Reply #678560 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Has a team ever come from 0-2 down to win a best of 5 grand final series?

Reply #678561 | Report this post

The Original JR  
Years ago

How many best of 5 grand final series has there been? I only remember the one where the Kings under Goorjian beat the (then) Wollongong Hawks 3-0.. around 2005 I would hazard to guess. I might be a year or two off with that guess

Reply #678564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any news on Ware?

Reply #678566 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

No-one is reported out from Melbourne. The guy above who said Boone was out.....at least use another United player as replacement not a Taipan.

Reply #678567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LoveBroker; Patton signed with United after leaving Cairns late this season.

Reply #678568 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

United posted a warmup video on Twitter.
Boone wouldn't be participating, putting a little dribble spin move on then dunking if his calf was bad. Ware was suited up and dribbling

Reply #678570 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

This intro bloke looks like he'll murder me in central Australia if given the chance

Reply #678573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Newley is bad lol

Reply #678574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No-one is reported out from Melbourne. The guy above who said Boone was out.....at least use another United player as replacement not a Taipan."

Patton also signed with United later in the season as an injury replacement but I can't remember who for though. Would he be able to play in the finals if the need came up?

Reply #678575 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Sobey has to get 20 for Adelaide to have any chance!!

Reply #678576 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Original JR,

2004 - Sydney def West Sydney 3-2
2005 - Sydney def Wollongong 3-0
2006 - Melbourne def Sydney 3-0
2007 - Brisbane def Melbourne 3-1
2008 - Melbourne def Sydney 3-2
2009 - South Dragons def Melbourne 3-2

2017 - Perth def Illawarra 3-0

Reply #678577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad newley is in the front row in a suit

Reply #678578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does Creek know he's messing with a GROWN MAN in Wesley?

Reply #678579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same refs. Disappointing

Reply #678580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same refs. Disappointing

Reply #678581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is a GROWN MAN who would belt Wesley into oblivion.

Reply #678582 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Calling it right now. Great matchup for Aus basketball this. The days of Perth vs NZ are over, game has evolved. Hoping the series goes the distance, this game is going down to the wire.

Reply #678583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a clear foul by Wesley with arm contact and no foul... pissing me off already
Different refs each game will orevent risk of bias

Reply #678584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the commentators as well. No Goulding didn't foul ? WTF ! Idiots

Reply #678585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put my own music on to watch without commentary. With box score open.. so much better

Reply #678586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come Hodgsons jersey doesn't have a rear sponsor like the rest?

Reply #678587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People making out like this is the best basketball they have ever seen. It's 12 fouls in 8.5 mins... 15fta attempted

Reply #678588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 'Hungry Jacks' chant Adelaide do is so cringey lol

Reply #678589 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgsons block so much cleaner and vertical than wesleys 2 and of course Sixer gets the foul. Calling BS on the privately owned refs. All game they will dish out this bias

Reply #678591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide aren't the only team who does the 'Hungry Jacks' chant

Reply #678592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers feasting on some home cooking.

Reply #678593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The 'Hungry Jacks' chant Adelaide do is so cringey lol"

South Australians often have to pay for fine dining experiences like Hungry Jacks. They can save their Centrelink money and get a feed if Melbourne misses two free throws.

Reply #678594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is the issue with the ref rotation rules. The ref that had the call in his area was in a bad position as he was blocked by the back of Goulding. The days of refs mving in position instead of a designated spot could actually see what was happening and whoever had the best view called it. The ref structure is all wrong and will bever get better until there are changes to the system they use

Reply #678595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How come Hodgsons jersey doesn't have a rear sponsor like the rest?"

Would you want to sponsor a gumby?

Reply #678596 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes there are heaps of fouls called but the quality of the basketball is pretty good in my opinion. Fun to watch

Reply #678597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"South Australians often have to pay for fine dining experiences like Hungry Jacks. They can save their Centrelink money and get a feed if Melbourne misses two free throws."

Hi salty Perth fan

Reply #678598 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Cmon Adelaide fans, not even Perth boos every foul against, at least let the clear ones slide.

Game 2 of finals and still forci;the hj's chant.

Reply #678599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Adelaide aren't the only team who does the 'Hungry Jacks' chant"

true, I think I just notice them doing it way more often. To be fair it's not as bad as when Brisbane were up chanting it vs Wildcats, but then sat there silently with hardly any defence chant in the final play when Cotton hit the game winner lol

Reply #678600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does those fouls on Creek and DJ going to the basket not get called ?

Reply #678601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Depends if you like spurs basketball or not. There is very little execution here, players are going 100kmph getting bailed out with soft calls. There is very little high quality execution on offence. it is basically a game of pick up, with way, way more fouls called.

Reply #678602 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Adelaide getting heaps of home cooking. Drop your shoulder and run through a guy = Free throws.

Mr Look at me Aylen just making stuff up, guessing constantly.

Reply #678604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guess Melbourne should never touch an Adelaide player to not get a foul. This is getting stupid

Reply #678606 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Learn the rules Anon

Reply #678607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide getting the same calls they were against perth, everything. 21 FTA in less than a half!! ffs people think this is good high quality basketball. It is the offence throwing themselves at the defence and getting rewarded.

Reply #678608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16-8 fouls in Adelaide's favour, yet Adelaide fans still seem to think Melbourne are getting the calls

Reply #678609 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

CG43 flop called. LOL. He reminds me of Anakin Skywalker, except Anakin was less moody

Reply #678610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb fans on here you cleary do not know the rules. Bunch of floppers and soft brats sulking. Aylen is frim SA and hates Sixers and goea against them. You are like parents who think their children are always perfect. Read a rule book and learn the game and use your head not your big toe.

Reply #678611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Drinking game: finish your drink every time the commentator says "wheeling and dealing"

Reply #678612 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

RG I know the rules, they are not being applied correctly and consistently.

Way to try deflect form the fact that Adelaide is being gifted FTs

Reply #678613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not just Melbourne fans complaining about the home cooking. Its obvious to everyone.

Reply #678614 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Change the jerseys around and see if you'd sing the same tune.

100% guarantee you'd be screaming that it was rigged to help Larrys Team.

Reply #678615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding a savage. respect

Reply #678616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its funny that Sixers fans have spent years whingeing about Perth's home cooking but have got heaps of reasons why its ok when they get it in this game.

Reply #678617 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

United are being blown off the court. Their still in it and could come back. Stop blaming the refs Perth fans.

Reply #678619 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Entire Melbourne starting five on 2 or 3 fouls.

Reply #678620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey is a massively overrated commentator. Total cliche machine and Adelaide fanboy. Still, he's better than Russell. Although that’s not saying much.

Reply #678621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking not good but Melbourne been bad though injuries haven't helped. Hooley not good today but playing him and adnam together in defence is never going to work. Game over onto game three.

Reply #678623 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Salty Perth fan whinging about the bias of Casey, the best commentator in the game.

Eh, Lachy Reid?

Reply #678624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fishing is good today Isaac ! Melbourne mullets are biting well.

Why is it that Anderson is the only Mel Bun player who gets bad calls. Do the refs think he is from SA ? He may as well sign with Adelaide now and have a real reason to piss off the refs. Been happening to him all season.

Would like to see an SA commentator who is not salty get some time to bring some perspective to the games.

Reply #678625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#678595 regarding the referees positioning to make a call, youre probably going to have a difficult time discussing this with FIBA since that is the system 99% of the leagues in the world use

Reply #678626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Btown. Hello why did you think adelaide had issues in game 1 ?

Reply #678627 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Zodiac you seem to have an obsession with Perth, you know the identity of anonymous posters?

Reply #678628 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Aylen is Victorian. The fact he moved to SA in recent years doesn't make him a crow eater.

I love Centrelink references towards Adelaide. The place created by settlers and not for convicts.

Reply #678629 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Quarter of a Boone and half a Ware isn't enough of an excuse for the predicament Melbourne is in right now. You get on the glass regardless of anything.

Refs have nothing to do with the fact that United is being pantsed. It's helping, but you never take accountability away from your players by blaming refs.

Nice touch by Joey at half-time... "hopefully (United players) keep limping."

Reply #678630 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#26 see your point but LK doing his own thing so maybe he could revolutionise the game and come up th a better system.

Reply #678631 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Btown, um no. This is the same anonymous Perth guy that has been trolling all the threads on here recently.

Reply #678632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs won this one

Reply #678633 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things getting really ugly now

Reply #678634 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

So no, you can't tell.

Reply #678635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#29 so even more reason to believe the bias may be real alledgedly Couldn't he get a gig in Mel Bun. Why do we have to keep him for off season. Can’t he go home ?

Reply #678636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide with more 3's in the last minute than they had in game 1

Reply #678637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather hasn't made 6/24. Needs to sit TF down or find an open man

Reply #678638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#33 So inly MelBun fans can make the 'it was the refs' excuse now. TFF

Reply #678639 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Adelaide playing like they're on rabies

Reply #678640 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Wonder what the biggest margin is in a GF game? Could be in danger here.

Whinge all you like about the refs but Adelaide's intensity has been first class - just wanted it more than United. Ware and Boone not 100% obviously hurts. If you're Vickerman do you sit them down at 3 qtr time?

Reply #678641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear lord Melbourne are terrible. Adelaide had to win and did it by half time. United will struggle to hold court in game 3 against this Adelaide team... form and confidence is everything this time of year.

Reply #678642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

refs just called that on Ware... wow

Reply #678643 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

How good is Ramone Moore's spin move? Not sure anyone in the league has a better one.

Reply #678644 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I really don't think you can read a great deal into this game

Reply #678645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mel bun is the worst burn I've ever heard.

Reply #678646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deal breaker call lol Melbourne got their fare share in Melbounre. Adelaide have absolutely arrived in this series.

Reply #678648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats wouldve beaten both these teams

Reply #678649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu if you cant read into a Game 2 of a GRAND FINAL series, then when can you? C'mon now it is what it is, Adelaide have been brutal.

Reply #678650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we bring Felix back, he plays team and I don't care how many point Prather gets, Melbourne defence has been rubbish.

Reply #678651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are up 20 and you get into it with one of the greats of Australian basketball. 36ers are like the spoiled child of the NBL this year

Reply #678653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Loller amirite

Reply #678654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez, Moller is a hack

Reply #678656 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Injuries to United's two most important players is the reason.

Commentators been on Adelaide's D all season, quite irritating

Reply #678657 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Series, not season

Reply #678658 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide just have so many X-factor type players on their roster, will be what makes them so dangerous this series, but can also be there downfall of not enough show up each game

Reply #678659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee Casey gets up and about for a foul out, I wasn't watching, heard him go nuts and thought I’d missed dunk of the year, nope.

Reply #678660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pray for Melbourne.

Reply #678661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you genuinely believe shorter deserves to be at the line for that little contact? Seriously the fact he gets those calls when the MVP of the league could never get to the line is confusing.

Reply #678662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The salt is starting to enter this thread. United fans, own your fate here. Your mob simply haven't turned up, deal with it.

Reply #678663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather makes the same play and has to pass out... no free call

Reply #678665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here we go. Goulding going for his academy award. Where's Peach. About time Aylen callingthe push offs

Reply #678666 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

Eww that charge call was bad

Reply #678667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"That was a block on Childress"-some Melbourne fan probably.

Reply #678668 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yeah, getting smacked in the face is acting.

Reply #678669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to bring back the tigers

Reply #678670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They often pick the worst times to cut to replays, they really need some sort of split screen to show replays and live at the same time

Reply #678671 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Don't be seriously hurt Chill.

Reply #678672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is not an and one. Surely...

Reply #678673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What even are these fouls?

Reply #678674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be a Barlow foul based on all the other calls they actually made

Reply #678675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chill with a stinger surely nothing else. Had time to look to the ref for the call, indirectly a good sign.

Reply #678676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Sobey Call BS on Anderson for the arm grab. Well done mate. Let them know you won't take that shit

Reply #678677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#46 Too good I reckon.

Reply #678678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mel Bun sounds like a mascot for Bakers Delight

So far my favourite has been the girl in the crowd doing bunny ears behind Gouldings head on the bench.

Reply #678679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amajok should have beendone or the shirt grab restricting dj

Reply #678680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does the Adelaide crowd know it's a 5 game series?

Reply #678681 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cue Shoe is on the other foot comments from Mel Bun fans. How's it feel. Next game don’t gloat so much. You too can be beaten by the refs at an away game. Game on

Reply #678682 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Adelaide fans,

Do you want Casper and Boone 100 per cent fit for the rest of the series?

Reply #678683 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

LK knows what he's doing.

If someone goes up 2-0 in a best of 5, that's bad for business.

After last year, another sweep was never on the cards.

This one's going to 5 games.

Reply #678684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha right on cue

Reply #678685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide to good and vickerman going back to his coaching style before Prather got hurt by playing his starters to long. Fouls 29/18 and free throws 40/16 to Adelaide in total you don't win games against those odds.

Reply #678686 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

On Easter Saturday there'll be a sellout at Hisense Arena- with everyone paying at least $50 a ticket.

And Larry will be grinning from ear to ear.

Reply #678687 | Report this post

Btown  
Years ago

way too many rebounding fouls.

Hope the refs address this to the teams and we get cleaner games from here.

Reply #678688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs carried these teams to the finals and it's showing. Wildcats are superior to both.

Reply #678693 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

"Do you want Casper and Boone 100 per cent fit for the rest of the series?"

Sure, I'd rather play them at their best. They've been the best team all year, they don't deserve to lose due to injuries. As long as Childress is at 100% too.

Reply #678694 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

"Refs carried these teams to the finals and it's showing. Wildcats are superior to both"

Refs didn't beat you by 35 points in game 1 bud.

Reply #678695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu No true basketball fan wants anyone injured. They want refs showing equity both ends, players all fit and see a great game that is not boring. Win or lose thats what we all want. No excuses with injuries. Melbourne won with many key players with early fouls on Friday with a similar scoreline so I don't see the difference with who was on court for each time. Thats just making excuses. The sixers fans and coaches called their team and ripped in to them instead of blaming others. Thats how we role. We know the game well enough to put it all in perspective and they bottled in at times and lost. Today they showed they have heart and responded.

Reply #678699 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah I reckon Childress will be fine. Textbook stinger

Reply #678700 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Wildcats would not beat these two teams with 1 disinterested and 1 subpar role player import.

Reply #678702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we get back to homicide and carfino commentating, that was woeful. Get that path bloke doing the calling.

Reply #678703 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

All I can say is game 4 is going to be an absolute banger!

Reply #678704 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

"LK knows what he's doing.

"If someone goes up 2-0 in a best of 5, that's bad for business"

If you believe the whole thing is set up why do you watch?

I find it amazing the conspiracy theorists that come out whenever a 'Best of' Series in nay sport either looks like it might or does go to it's maximum number of games. When a series is swept they go crawling back into the hole they live in behind the couch!
What is even more incredible is how all the players and officials involved in the game keep quiet about 'the fix' for the rest of their lives.

Reply #678705 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Well done 6ers! And a big shout out to all the Perth fans for making this thread that much longer.

Reply #678707 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Obviously that was a bit tongue in cheek

No one can know for sure whether a given game was fixed. It's always speculation

But if you did want to manipulate a result, you wouldn't need many people in on it. Even 2 refs could very easily ensure an 85-90% likelihood of a desired result, given the other surrounding circumstances in a game like today's

Reply #678709 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And when I say fixed, I don't mean "guaranteed "- that's impossible in a sport like basketball. All I mean is someone involved has some intentionality around the aim of getting a certain result

Reply #678710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That commentary team was woeful. Harvey, redhage and Newley. Are you kidding me.

Reply #678711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman got go back to rotating his subs through, not chucking adnam and hooley on together, some of the rotating was non sencical, and go back to team first, it looked like he thought Casey could win it on his own.

Reply #678712 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Anyway who was watching the tv coverage did they elaborate at all of chills shoulder?

Reply #678714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV enough today. Nothing is fixed or even close to it. The best team
Won and won with ease. Hush now go get ready for game 3.

Reply #678715 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree about the commentary. Every raves about a Harvey. Can't stand his commentary

Reply #678720 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Great win by the Sixers, the defensive intensity was there from the start and that fed the offense. Awesome atmosphere too with a very loud crowd, can't wait for games 3 and 4! Moore and Deng both cane up big today - Deng particularly showing why he should have got more minutes in game 1. Hopefully Childress. Ware and Boone can use the 5 day break to be fit for Friday (one of the good things I guess of the series being spread out so much). It has been a bit unfortunate to have those 3 players suffering injuries in the first two games of what could be a classic finals series.

Reply #678723 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Yeah I'm just speculating

But speculating and thinking about these things is fun. If I didn't enjoy that then I wouldn't bother with a site like this

Crowds have an impact on the refs too. Thousands of people jeering, booing and creating an intimidating environment. That absolutely has an impact. Human psychology makes that very clear

Good thing is- for United- the next game is back at Hisense

As I see it, the bottom line is this: Ware and Boone are Melbourne's most important players. Goulding is also quite important. Wesley would be a distant 4th. Then the rest.

We can talk about X's and O's but at the end of the day those guys need to fire for United to win. If they're not firing, for whatever reason- hampered by injury, foul trouble, whatever- United will have a tough time of it against this talented and deep Adelaide lineup.

Reply #678735 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

"Does the Adelaide crowd know it's a 5 game series?"

I'm fairly certain they knew that they did not want a 3 game series ;)

Reply #678737 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

And you not only need your guns firing but you need guys playing roles- Barlow, Hooley, Andersen did that in game 1

Adelaide I thought would hit back. And they did.

We're on our way to 5 and it has been a good tussle so far

Reply #678738 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Would be good to have a thread without people moaning about officiating or commentators.
I can't stand Adelaide but they were a class above Melbourne today.
Hoping Ware , Boone and Childress all pull up well for game three.

Reply #678743 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I agree with Uncle Phil a good thing the series is spaced out so much allowing players to recuperate from injuries somewhat although clearly Ware wasn't ready to play today.

Hopefully he, Boone & Childress will all be fit for friday night.

Reply #678747 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I wish there were an NBL version of Shams or Woj to give us scoops. We probably won't get an update on the three injured guys until tip-off next game

Reply #678753 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

You didn't consider this a scoop Manu? ;)

Boone out (calf flare up), Chris Patton in.

Reply #678762 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if Childress is done. Boone looked like a cork so would say he'll be fine and Caper too with some rest will be good to go.
Will be a shame if Childress is done, will change the complexion of the series entirely

Reply #678764 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't want to put my name in that ridiculous thread above, so I'll post here...

What do referees see with Childress? Every time he goes to the rack when isolated, he gets fouled. He just leans into the D and gets the call every time. What does he do that others don't?

Reply #678772 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Pretty simple Manu, he gets his head and shoulders past the defender and then they have no option but to create contact with his side/move into him. It looks like a foul every time and probably is.

Reply #678774 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Harvey works well when he's third man.

Slotting in Redhage to a GF was a woeful decision. Surely it wasn’t due to a lack of others being unavailable.

Reply #678775 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I see your point, but it seems like he is half out of control and launching/diving into the defender, initiating contact. Surely there's some kind of rule or interpretation that says you must be under control or sort of stay in your cylinder or more less to get the whistle

Reply #678776 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

Childress doesn't launch into the defender though , he goes around him and that’s where they get in trouble

Reply #678784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good job by Casey calling the game today as always.

Reply #678785 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

If you attack and get fouled it's a foul. If a player gets beat and doesn't have position that's their fault.

Reply #678786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol. Casey is dull. There's only so many of his sayings I can take in one sitting. Watching March Madness today and some of the excellent commentary just further reinforced how poorly we are off for decent play by play guys and how desperately we need fresh blood. Casey is the best of a very bad bunch.

Reply #678789 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

IMHO Childress launches/slides himself into an open gap immediately next to the defense ( or between the defense and the rim) and the defensive player then reaches trying to slap the ball, (which chill has put out tantalizingly close to where the defense thinks they can reach to (300+ NBA games helps here)), which results in the defensive player's body moving into in to the same space which means the defense (usually) causes the contact, that results in a foul. When the defense just goes up ( or away) from chill and has a higher reach ( usually not) then Josh gets cleanly blocked.

Reply #678790 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

So in the contact that Josh hurt his shoulder, you will see that the defensive player ( Barlow0 neither jumps, reaches across or moves, so no defensive foul.

If Barlow had jumped and or reached, 99% chance that a defensive foul would have been called

Reply #678791 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah he is quick and long. And he knows his way around dribble moves.

Much like my question about Ware, can anyone provide an educated guess as to Childress' injury and it's prognosis?

Reply #678793 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Also, one of Homicide's recent Tweets sums up why I don't like this season's Sixers.

"This shit is over in 4. Casper got his as (sic) handed to him today!" -Shannon Shorter

I encourage this type of talk, I just personally don't like it.

Reply #678794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You encourage and dont like it? Im lost on that. Its great for the game, its great for the fans and the players. Ware either comes back and talks with his game, or gets schooled and the series is done.

Reply #678796 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Impinged supraspinatus or maybe AC joint? Shoulders have a lot going on. Pretty complex.

Reply #678798 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Wouldn't think it was a dislocation from there unless his arm was moving up very quickly.

Reply #678799 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I encourage it for the very reasons you pointed out -- great for the game, fans, and players.

It's more important to the game to have that type of talk than to appease one person (me) / a small minority in a fan base of tens or hundreds of thousands.

Udog, you a doctor ain't you?

Reply #678800 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

At least in the physiology field

Reply #678802 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

How did Wesley get away with an ankle tap today? Seems he spent to long learning rugby whilst at the breakers.

Reply #678811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't wait to hear the Childress verdict. Series changer.

Reply #678818 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Exer. Phys. Manu

Reply #678822 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Barlow0 neither jumps, reaches across or moves, so no defensive foul."

He didn't have legal position, his arm vertical and by my eyes at the time (would like to see replay) that was the first point of contact so I thought should have been a foul, especially as refs were very tight on arms out of the cylinder yesterday.

Reply #678828 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

From previous posts .
Perth is a long way from Adelaide and Melbourne and Wildcats along way behind Sixers and United this year and both are facts .
Great series happening.
Do not do not tie Homicide up with Sixers . We do not want him on side or any way attached to us.

Reply #678829 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

As for the game, the tighter reffing on the body positioning than we'd seen since earlier in the year helped Adelaide's style. They exposed Melbourne's lack of speed and left them struggling for answers.

But more important was the intensity Adelaide defended and rebounded with. In the first game they only brought that for a few minutes at a time, yesterday it was relentless for 30-35 mins.

That's what allowed them to put the heat on Melbourne's D in the open court and transition, and that's a much bigger factor than the reffing. Can the 36ers do that on the road though? Their home crowd gives them the energy to amp it up.

Reply #678832 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Does anyone know the name of the song that was used in the 36ers intro piece - TIA?

Reply #678833 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Tornado - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ujRptOjoAQ

Reply #678834 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I knew you would be able to help - thanks Skip!

Reply #678838 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754