Anonymous
Years ago

Cotton Not Returning?

Noticed Mason Bragg and Rhys Vague (2 of Cotton's best mates in Aus) both posted 'appreciation posts' on their instagrams saying goodbye to Cotton, thanking him for all the memories and wishing him all the best.

A strong sign Cotton isn't planning on returning to Perth?

Topic #42952 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bragg's post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BglJZGWhfI4/

Reply #679987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He had enough of Gleeson.

Reply #679995 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I can't imagine this means much of anything. This time last year he wasn't coming back.

Reply #679998 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Season and MVP ball is done, warm weather is slowly dying down and he is just returning home, no point on suggesting anything until he sees all the offers in front of him

Reply #679999 | Report this post

Lillard is God  
Years ago

With the high quality out of contract imports you always thank them and wish them luck. May never get another chance as the big bucks of NBA and Europe come calling. Doubly so given what he has accomplished here. Too good for the NBL. Will get a big deal elsewhere or should.

Reply #680001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably more likelihood of Bragg not returning to Perth.

Reading between all the lines of post playoff comments there's going to be a big shake up at the Cats.

Reply #680037 | Report this post

Cat's 4 life  
Years ago

I wouldn't come back if i was him unless they find some help for him on the offensive end. Was a wasted season, biggest mistake was letting Prather go.

Reply #680039 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Never " a wasted season " when you leave the country with your league's largest single paycheck , thank you Catties !

Reply #680044 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Imports are almost always one and done type situations, unless the import is already under contract for the next season which Cotton like most isn't then it makes sense his teammates would say their goodbyes when he goes home as they probably won't see each other again.

It doesn't mean Cotton won't be coming back but I suspect he's probably been told the team can't afford him at $600k again as it hinders what quality of players they can put around him.

I'm sure the Wildcats would want him back but they've probably told him he needs to take a big pay cut and at this point in time that likely isn't an option for Cotton.

Reply #680048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the fact post all seems to be about saying goodbye with no mention of something like "hopefully see you soon/again", makes me feel like Cotton doesn't have much intention of returning.

Reply #680049 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Looks as though Cotton is staying but Vague and Bragg isn't.

Reply #680080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon and Daniel Johnson are coming in . They need to create some cap room

Reply #681410 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Don't think we will see Gliddon or DJ. Gliddon will probably end up in Brisbane and I think Cats will get Kay.

Reply #681411 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754