Anonymous
Years ago

Has the NBL been compromised?

Has the NBL been compromised?

We all know LK has improved the league but the bias being shown now that Melbourne United have finally made a Grand Final series is showing. From league staff abusing 36ers players to the refs being whistle happy on the team that isn't Melbourne.

Also throw in the fact LK's ideas so far on team and revenue expansion haven't worked out so now he is trying to get in bed with the AFL is worrying. A competing league in the long run won't help us.

All very worrying but the problem we have is there is probably no better alternative.

Topic #42959 | Report this topic

JUDD486  
Years ago

Written by an Adelaide supporter no doubt

Reply #680176 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol. How did you guess? Carry on. Sorry.

Reply #680177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet another butthurt 36ers supporter. Go to a forum of any sport and there are always losing team's supporters complaining about refs.

Reply #680178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth fans called salty all year when complaining, 36ers get a few bad calls finally and the whole league is corrupt... so much salt,

Reply #680182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finals or not, every game Melbourne wins throughout the regular season is followed by "Da NB-ELLL IS RIGGED / LK IS ORCHESTRATING AN INSIDE JOB" posts.

This is the first finals series the United era of Melbourne basketball has made it. If it was rigged you could be sure they'd have had a more successful run the past few seasons now.

Reply #680205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shhh anon. Stop making sense

Reply #680209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF does this even mean?
"From league staff abusing 36ers players" Please explain.

Reply #680243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Every team in the league had a better home record than away record. Home court advantage has always been a thing so I don't see why it is such an outrage when Melbourne gets it too.

Reply #680245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am the original poster of this thread and a Cats fan. As a neutral the Sixers are getting hosed.

Reply #680278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am the original poster of this thread and a Snakes fan. As a neutral the Sixers are getting hosed.

Reply #680301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am the original poster of this thread and a Kings fan. As a neutral the Sixers are getting hosed.

Reply #680303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am the original poster of this thread and a Breakers fan. As a neutral the Sixers are getting hosed.

Reply #680304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am the original poster of this thread and a *insert non-Sixers* fan. As a neutral the Sixers are getting hosed.

Reply #680305 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I don't think the league has been compromised.

"the refs being whistle happy on the team that isn't Melbourne."

There will be complaints of the opposite after G4.

"now he is trying to get in bed with the AFL is worrying. A competing league in the long run won't help us."

Pros and cons. I don't think it indicates that the league has been compromised.

Reply #680604 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

OP

Please put your tinfoil hat back on. It will block out the electronic surveillance of the NBL headquarters and the CIA.

Reply #680611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blue Moon? The fracktards are out.

Reply #680615 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

No

Reply #680626 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, Kennedy got shot by....
Did man actually land on the Moon?...
The CIA was involved in the twin towers.
Seriously

Reply #680631 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"There will be complaints of the opposite after Game 4"
Isaac, I hereby dub thee....Nostradamus.

(Not!!).

Reply #680682 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

No

Reply #680702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, the NBL had been tainted by this Grand Final series. It's been so poorly run.

Reply #680912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, the NBL had been tainted by this Grand Final series. It's been so poorly run.

Reply #680913 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:54 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754