Jack Toft
Years ago

NBL GF Game 4: 36ers v United, March 25

No tomorrow for the Sixers, but United could be cutting down the hoops if things go their way.

Brilliant game by the both teams on Friday and a bit of the old argy bargy shows how passionate both teams are.

United should expect no welcome mat from Sixers fans, we will make you feel uncomfortable. You will feel pressure and we will laugh at every airball.

So will United wrap this one up? or will it go to game 5?

Topic #42962 | Report this topic

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

United cutting down the nets in front of a nauseated and silent Sixer crowd. A perfect ending to an historic season. One that won't be forgotten in a hurry.

I talked to Kenny the Jet Smith about this game and he had one thing to say... IT'S OVER, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. LET'S GO HOME. LET'S GO HOME.

Reply #680257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide may laugh at the odd airball, but Australia laughs at Adelaide daily.

Reply #680260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide may laugh at the odd airball, but Australia laughs at Adelaide daily.
Come on man, that's a bit harsh. At least they still have the Grand Prix. This weekend isn't it? Busy weekend in Adelaide.

Reply #680261 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

With the series currently Melbourne 1 Adelaide 1 Vaughn Mayberry 1 this should be a cracking game! C'mon 6ers!

Reply #680263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With the series currently Melbourne 1 Adelaide 1 Vaughn Mayberry 1 this should be a cracking game! C'mon 6ers!
When did Adelaide win a game then? Because they were spoon fed in game 2. 30 fouls to 18, 40 free throws to 16. Oh right, blame LK yeah?

Reply #680265 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

It's hard to get fouled when you just sit back and jack 3's. You got to take it inside to force the errors.

Reply #680270 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

But I think you know that already

Reply #680271 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's hard to get fouled when you just sit back and jack 3's. You got to take it inside to force the errors.
Force the errors, or Sobey 'force' the errors? Big difference. Everyone knows it but you apparently. (*cough* flopper *cough*)

Reply #680272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Jack for creating these threads all season, right down to this one being the last. Always appreciated your twisted humor.

Reply #680274 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Not a problem!

I'm glad you appreciate my humour.

Reply #680275 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

United should work on getting mismatches for Tai Wesley down low. It'll slow down the game and Wesley is efficient. Has had a quiet series but will take over at some point

Reply #680276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its going 5, and Adelaide wont stumble 3rd time lucky in Melbourne. Saturday 31, will be a huge day in the history of SA basketball, and it will be glorious.

Reply #680286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If MU win game 4, everyone should stay and when the winners announced everyone in the arena should stand and tuen their backs to the court in protest that they do not acknowledge the validity of the series after game 3 disgrace. Remain standing for the entire post game celebrations. What an impact that would make."

Reply #680290 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Melbourne is the better team and deserve their lead in the series. They are vulnerable though to the higher energy, scrappy physical 36ers, and to their own carelessness with the ball.
The key to a 36ers fightback is their outside shooting i.e. Sobey, Deng and Drimioc.
Sobey has to play with freedom, attack the hoop, get to the line and take more 3's. He has become too careful and restrained. Trust your instincts.

Reply #680297 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Melbourne fans trying to rip on Adelaide because we lost the Grand Prix to them... You do realise the attendance has dropped every year since Melbourne has been the host, and has never been close to our final turnout (which was a record for decades). Carry on with your $10 lattes

Reply #680299 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

The league looks terrible for that game 3 disgrace and they know it. It's turning into an ugly end to the season. Time to sack Vaughn Mayberry I'd say because he was obviously the root cause (the other guys seemed ok for mine). He is incompetent. We should all be celebrating the (possible) final 2 games of a quality, enjoyable season of NBL but instead everyone has a been left with negative memories of a compromised Grand final series. Whether you're upset because of percieved biased towards a certain team/ league owner, atrocious (series defining) officiating blunders or you just don't like the 36ers and Joey Wright for being vocal and upset about those issues. It seems that everyone is feeling very negatively. I'm sure with time the farce that was game 3 will be watered down but it's not a good look right now.

Reply #680309 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Unlike some, I don't need to repeat myself over and over and over again in the same thread or in 4 or 5 other threads. I only need to say this once.

I've put my grown man fan pants on and showing my 100% support for Sixers.

I believe they will play with incredible mental focus and rise above the adversity to smash United by 17+ and then we'll do the same again next Saturday.

In Adelaide we love salt, awful tasting water, blackouts, centrelink queues and annoying football club songs!. Why? because it makes us stronger and unites us. Don't like it, too bad, we'll keep ramming ourselves down your throats again and again and again because that's what we do!

Reply #680310 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Those familiar with the concept of opportunity cost would know that Sobey playing in the second half of Game 3 didn't automatically mean Adelaide would win.

For those not familiar with the term but happy to use simple logic, try this on for size... Majok Deng went nuts with 14 in the second half (He played arguably his best ever game of basketball, DJ's press conference can attest), Moore had an efficient 10 second-half points (missed just one shot in second half) and Shorter stepped up big with 10 in the second half. Do those guys get the same opportunities with Sobey on the floor?

Dare I say this for fear of being lynched? Sobey is -5.1 in net player rating this season, according to SpatialJam. Negative five point one. Moore is +7.0, Deng is +9.9. Both of these guys got more opportunity without Sobey. And look, a red-hot Sobey in the first half only got his side to being level with Melbourne by half-time. I don't think Sobey would've been as efficient in the second half as he was in the first, do you?

Reply #680314 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

You just don't know though do you? What if all 3 we're ejected? Just going on hypothetical questions.

Reply #680317 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I'm not saying anything except that those claiming the refs took the game away from Adelaide with the Sobey ejection are kidding themselves

Reply #680321 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I choose my words carefully and don't appreciate when people imply things from what I've said

Reply #680322 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Not saying the took the game away. They took another starter out of the team (already missing their biggest gub) for the second half of a critical finals game of basketball.

Reply #680323 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

I have no idea what a gub is

Reply #680324 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Gun

Reply #680325 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

You said "only got them back to level at the half" afyer being 14 down I think. That doesn't count?

Reply #680326 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Could he have got them 14 up in the second?

Reply #680327 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah we got there. If United were as complacent on Friday and Childress was fit, I reckon they'd lose.

I keep coming back to the first 15 minutes of the game where United were in total command. They simply got complacent and let Adelaide, with a bit of shotmaking, back into the game though. I reckon they would've kept going hard if Adelaide had the full contingent

Reply #680328 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Yeah but Sobey was playing when they were down big as well as the comeback. The net result of a first half with Sobey being available was an even score

Reply #680329 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Adelaide have been notoriously slow starters for 2 years now but have won more overall games in that 2 year period too.

Reply #680330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love it when Melbournians rip Adelaide. Always about the busy night life when the losers typing actually have no real life, friends or money to do anything. I'd love to see the "apartment" they live in.

I’d gladly take the south coast of Adelaide of a immigrant filled society with terrible weather

Adelaide>Melbourne

Reply #680331 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Stick to basketball comments

Reply #680334 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Manu, I agree you can't guarantee Adelaide would have won with Sobey not ejected but the sad thing is that we have to now speculate what might have happened if he had stayed out there. We have to speculate due to a dreadful decision to eject him even though two other players on the opposite team who were charged with exactly the same offence were not ejected - one of those being part of the same video review that resulted in the ejection of Sobey.

Based on the charges made, it shows it was either an incorrect decision to eject Sobey, or Prather and Wesley should have been ejected as well. Mayberry clearly saw Wesley’s headbutt from the video footage and they had to have seen Prather’s head butt on the video review that resulted in the ejection of Sobey. So there was a clear inconsistency in the calling of this game by the refs with regards to this.

The major thing is that ejecting a player is possibly the biggest call the refs can make as it essentially alters the course of the rest of the game when a player can no longer take part. It has a far bigger impact than an incorrect foul call or the like. In a Grand Final Game 3 with a series tied at 1-1, you want to make damn sure when you eject someone that it’s the right call and is consistent with regards to both teams. Unfortunately the refs failed on this part and now it means we have to speculate what might have haopened if Sobey has stayed out there which puts a cloud over the result of the game and likely the series.

The further dissapointment is that by releasing the charges they have, the NBL has essentially admitted the refs were incorrect in ejecting Sobey - but have not been transparent about this and come out and said a mistake was made - this is something that would be a step in the right direction in my opinion. This whole situation has had a negative impact on the league and the grand final in what should be a positive time for the NBL. I think most Melbourne fans and true basketball fans would have preferred for Sobey not to have been ejected and us not having to speculate what might have happened.

For the record, I don’t think there is a Melbourne or LK conspiracy and am very grateful what LK has done for the sport of basketball in australia. What’s done is done and Adelaide fans like myself do need to move on and support our team today in what should be a great game with an amazing atmosphere. Still very much looking forward to this afternoon.

Reply #680339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Udog, stop blaming the refs for taking Sobey away. He head butted another player. That is entirely on him. You are sounding worse than Joey.

Reply #680340 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hoping the season ends today feels Luke the finals have dragged on.
Good luck to both teams.

Reply #680342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"the NBL has essentially admitted the refs were incorrect in ejecting Sobey "

That's a stretch. Sobey shouldn’t have got a fine on top of the ejection, or Prather should have been as well, but nothing in the report says they shouldn’t have ejected Sobey.

Reply #680343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The reason it feels like the finals have dragged on is because Adelaide fans don't stop bitching.

Reply #680344 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

For good reason. Hope you're team gets screwed next year.

Reply #680346 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

" "the NBL has essentially admitted the refs were incorrect in ejecting Sobey "

That's a stretch. Sobey shouldn't have got a fine on top of the ejection, or Prather should have been as well, but nothing in the report says they shouldn’t have ejected Sobey." - anon 342

I did say in earlier in my post that consistency for both teams would have resulted in Sobey, Prather and Wesley all being ejected or none of them being ejected. However the precedent had already been set by Mayberry earlier in the game by not ejecting Wesley for his headbutt on Sobey and therefore neither Prather nor Sobey should have been ejected either. Just because they didn’t say in the report they shouldn’t have ejected Sobey, it doesn’t make sense for 3 players to all receive the same charge but only one of those players be ejected in game - that is not consistent and therefore incorrect.

Hogwash I agree it feels like the finals have dragged on, would have liked there to have been a game mid week (eg.wednesday) this past week as the gap from Sunday to Friday between game 2 and 3 was too long for my liking. However I guess the NBL must have felt a midweek game would not get the wanted crowd.

Reply #680347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can see the inconsistency in the outcomes and the findings but it still doesn't say the refs were incorrect to eject Sobey. They were either incorrect to not eject the others (although Prather’s wasn’t as bad in the replay) or Sobey should have escaped a fine. They were right to eject him.

Reply #680349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Udog, your team has themselves to blame. They are a team of hotheads, the coach is the same, they spent their whole game bitching (then do the same in every second press conference) and they lose the plot. They had no idea of their foul count with 20 seconds left in the game because they were so busy bitching to the refs.

Yes, your team got screwed, by your coach and their captain.

Reply #680350 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Fair enough anon 349. Just to check I'm essentially understanding what you’re saying is that the Sobey ejection was correct but the non ejection of Prather and Wesley was incorrect? (Which I would agree with)

Or that Sobey shouldn’t have been fined as a make up for the fact he had already served part of the punishment as an ejection? - I think this may have made things complicated as it is hard to equated a reduced fine to a player missing out on the second half of such an important game but it would be more consistent then the current situation.

Reply #680352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The second one, mostly. The league should have said they recognise his actions were punishable but the ejection is punishment enough. He's been hit with a double whammy.

Reply #680357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If United win today, what are the odds an Adelaide fan does something "memorable" after the final siren?

Reply #680363 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We're going to win today and then we're going to go to Melbourne and win and then everybody will say what a great series it was.

Reply #680372 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lol what the hell was that opening video...And nice thongs Goulding

Reply #680389 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Joey is a total flog. What a dick

Reply #680390 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

To not even acknowledge your home crowd and their support... Pathetic and disgraceful.
If there was any discussion about the biggest flog coach Joey just took the crown!

But even though he refuses to acknowledge you and your contribution I am sure Adelaide fans will stand up for him.

Reply #680391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey already playing it up. Needs to pull his head in and show maturity and leadership - traits all of the 36ers seem to be lacking.

Reply #680392 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Sobey just has to keep taking it at Goulding. Goulding can't defend a chair let alone Sobey.

Goulding showing no heart on the defensive end in what could be a championship winning game.

Reply #680394 | Report this post

InThePaint  
Years ago

Q: Blah blah something Sobey
A : Joey " we will do the best we can "
Q; You look good in your suit
A : Joey " we will do the best we can "

Reply #680396 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

...and Joey takes him out! Arggh

Reply #680397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bit harsh to compare Sobey to a chair. Chairs are much more likable than Sobey.

Reply #680398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers are being carried by the refs

Reply #680399 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

No they aren't (not at this point anyway).

Melb are missing shots and ADL are playing with much higher intensity. Pretty easy explanation.

Reply #680400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have an idea.

Whenever the 36ers get the ball, why dont the referees blow the whistle and just send them to the stripe?

Just save everyone the time.

Actually, why dont the referees come out and say we have been instructed to send it to a game 5. LK needs the revenue.

Just come out and be clean at least

Reply #680401 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All Adelaide have to do is drive to the basket and if anything less than a bucket occurs, the crowd screams then the referees cannot handle it and just call a foul.

That is all this game is,

Reply #680402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep it's clear that 36ers are once again being looked after by the refs. This will be a hollow win.

Reply #680403 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

There is nothing stopping Melbourne diving at people's hips and drawing fouls.

Also, DJ grabbed Andersen's jersey in that rebounding contest right in front of the ref and Andersen got called for it. Weird

Reply #680406 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Its hard not to think of the conspiracy theories right now- 3 bogus fouls on United just stalled the comeback and sent DA to the bench

Reply #680407 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Pick and roll containment is woeful by United

Reply #680408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL 16 Free throws to 1

Just ask yourself, if this game was played in Melbourne, would there be this foul discrepancy.

It is obvious to see what is going on....

Reply #680409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep if Adelaide win this thing I think we can universally agree it wasn't earned. Too much help from the refs.

Reply #680410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Am I right in Prather was issued 2 fouls by the referees, yet he only has 1 on the stats. Where is the penalties for the referees. They should have be stood down.

Reply #680411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 Free throws to 1

Reply #680412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That was a charge

Reply #680413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu's a FLOG !

Reply #680414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 free throws 1

Reply #680415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sorry, this is far from a professional league.

Reply #680416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

# 13's a FLOG !

Reply #680417 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wait the Moller one?? Haha no way. He didn't hit him straight at all. That is the easiest block call ever.

Have to be square which Moller wasnt because he didnt shuffle his feet to the spot Shorter was going to.

Reply #680418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They seem to be promoting this game 5 way too much considering this one has only just started, almost like the league knows it's going to 5...

Reply #680419 | Report this post

InThePaint  
Years ago

That was Travel from Goulding

Reply #680420 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Moller was standing there for about 4 seconds

Or is it a block because the contact wasn't 100% front on?

Reply #680421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20 free throws to 1

Yet you people sit here and watch as if this game has not been tampered with

Reply #680422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

22 free throws to 1

Reply #680423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#22&23 are FLOGS !

Reply #680424 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

LV you need to be squarer than that. That was pretty much a shoulder charge. I dont mean you have to be exactly 100% front on but at least hit in the chest.

They made the perfect call on the Casper one earlier..perfect charge.

Reply #680425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cannot watch this crap. Somehow Adelaide fans still seem to think the calls are in Melbourne's favour and this is all a set up. Unbelievable.

Reply #680426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide in the refs pockets

Reply #680427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

24 free throws

Reply #680428 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Talking about the FT difference without mentioning where both teams are getting their shots is ignorance.

Reply #680429 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All these fouls being called on 36ers and hardly any on Melbourne = proof that LK has rigged it to favour his team

Reply #680430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you HONESTLY do not believe that the refs have been INSTRUCTED to take this to a game 5.

This is BLATANT fixing i have ever seen.

Nothing comes close

Reply #680431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#98&99 are FLOGS !

Reply #680432 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Capitalizing every 3rd word doesn't make your point any less rubbish.

Reply #680433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne now playing a few feet off their players so they don't accidentally get called for a foul. Now that refs have gifted Adelaide a large lead maybe they will stop looking after them. -Kings fan

Reply #680434 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Refs have been egregious but United are playing like children. Adelaide deserves to win today, if the first 15 minutes are any indication

Reply #680435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#30&31 are FLOG's !

Reply #680437 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yes it is very concerning; but what do you expect. They've wanted teams to hold home court to set up Game 5.

Reply #680438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need Miller's defence get him on.

Reply #680439 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Its obvious that both Casper and Goulding are deliberately avoiding fouling

(Of course, the refs still managed to manufacture one on Casper)

It's not really enjoyable watching a game where some of the best players are forcing themselves to make a concerted effort not to try at one end

Reply #680442 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Guys, look at the playing style of Melbourne vs Adelaide!!!!!!

melbourne, drive, pull up and fade for a shot.... One on one on the block for Wesley or Boone.... run goulding off floppy play for threes... this style does not lead to intiating much contact.

Adelaide, ddrive, drive, drive, drive, drive....

Reply #680443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The calls for Adelaide aren't just coming from drives though. They are getting mystery loose ball fouls called in their favour.

Reply #680444 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Right on cue they just manufactured another one on Casper!

How many of his 7 fouls in Adelaide have actually been fouls?

Run the tape if you doubt me

Reply #680446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New record 26 free throws to 1

Reply #680447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

26 free throws to 1

Referees not even bothering to hide it anymore.

This is a MISERABLE day in the sports history.

This is what happens when a businessman puts his pocket ahead of the integrity of the game

Reply #680448 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

This is what happens when one team attacks the basket and creates contact every possession, and the other doesn't. Amazing stuff.

Reply #680449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Melbourne are beginning to give up on defending in fear of getting a foul

Reply #680450 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Come on guys, look how tired and lazy MU are being right now..... The two times they did just drive, they charge into Drmic one was a no call and one was a charge. Lazy, lazy play...

Reply #680451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay it's clear now every home team was setup to win to guarantee a Game 5. Yawn, boring series with blowouts by the home teams. At least LK let me know beforehand next time so not to waste time on G1-4. Time is money.

Reply #680452 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Prather stinking it up. Goulding looking not unaggressive on offense. They need to earn their coin now.

Reply #680453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Over 30 free throws

Reply #680454 | Report this post

InThePaint  
Years ago

I can see whats happening already .
MU are not fouling , stay out of trouble and suspension , lose the game , play the 5th at home , take the gloves off at home

Reply #680455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've counted 17 of the free throws as wrong

Reply #680456 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

How in the world can United turn up like this in a Grand Final Game 4?

Reply #680457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MACDUB is a FLOG !

Reply #680458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully Game 5 is tight and a legit game with impartial reffing to make up for these boring first four games. Yawn.

Reply #680459 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't know about the rest of you, but if an anonymous poster here thinks 17 of the FTs as "wrong", it must be the case.

Reply #680460 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Just put your head down and continue to the rack. Draw the damn contact, because refs surely would whistle that contact

Reply #680461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully there is a royal commission into Adelaide's corruption and this championship gets revoked from them

Reply #680462 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Melbourne haven't shown up simple as that.
The foul count is lopsided ( the lol/blowout troll will no doubt appear soon) but Melbourne don't deserve to win.

Reply #680464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The home team has been favoured in each game. So posters claiming one team is getting it better than another are ignoring this plus game styles. STFU and just hope Game 5 is on an even playing field with no bias either way.

Reply #680465 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Tohi Smith Milner- sub him off immediately! You're not allowed to contest a shot. I thought we established the team rules in Game 2?

Reply #680466 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Adelaide can rub salt into Melbourne wounds by putting Teys and Larkins on in third quarter.

Reply #680467 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Melbourne look tired and aren't working hard enough as a team and are 1/14 from 3pt land....

Adelaide are pressuring the ball like crazy, switching more selectively on the high pick and roll and rotations are hard and sharp.

Well deserved lead even if a few soft calls have gone the 36ers way...

Reply #680468 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

All right, yeah Adelaide is my favourite for the title now.

I don't think Melbourne has the balls to play aggressively against this team

Reply #680470 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Melb are driving and getting no calls, Adel get calls on the same contact .

Adel are also allowed to handcheck on the perimeter more too. That makes it harder to drive. Mel can't hand check or get up = easier to drive to the hoop.

But don't let that get in the way of the narrative that all Mel does is shoot 3s.

Call the Adel hands and body on the perimeter and they have to back off too.

Reply #680472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calls go to the home team regardless of who it is - has all year but never more so than in this series. As an Adelaide fan, if this game plays out the way it has so far, I'm just hoping that a good 3000 - 4000 fans are willing to make the trip for game 5 to level out the influence

Reply #680473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh well, off to watch the rugby league.

I wont be watching game 5 either.

What an absolute TRASH product.

Steve Smith the GOLDEN child of Aus Sport where in no ones right believed would ever cheat.

CORRUPTION IN SPORT DOES EXIST. It is VERY VERY REAL.

Reply #680474 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Melbourne shooting 1/15 from 3pt land and 14/33 from 2pt land... 29 to 19 rebs...

Who has turned up to play?

Reply #680475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller and Anderson were Melbourne best and only got five minutes each, vickerman getting his pants pull d down.

Reply #680476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hogwash is a Champ !

#72-74 are FLOGS !

Reply #680478 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Williams must have signed next year's commentary contract - he is actually talking more sense today, but perhaps its the absence of "show me your money" Heal and "Mr Magic" that is raising the collective IQ and avoiding the childish "frat boy" crap.

Reply #680480 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United clearly aren't switcher on today.

Adelaide have been the far better team.

Yes, despite the refs, Adelaide is attacking the hoop with far more passion

Reply #680481 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Melbourne isn't rebounding as bad as the 29-19 looks.

People look at the gross rebounding figure and make assumptions based on that. Look at the o-boards number

Reply #680482 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Train
Today
14:39 25 Mar 18

Reply #680390
re: NBL GF Game 4: 36ers v United, March 25

Joey is a total flog. What a dick "

hard to disagree there, there's a lot of that in his behaviour......doesn't mean he's not doing a very good coaching job with his mob this year, and in this series.

Reply #680483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dammit Adelaide, horrible defence. I want Hungry Jack's

Reply #680484 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

It's not just that Adelaide are attacking more than Melbourne (which they definitely are), it's how they attack the basket. Adelaide go straight into contact looking for fouls, where as Melbourne finesse around the hoop and avoid contact. It's as simple as that.

Reply #680486 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bubbles to hit 20+ points in the second and turn this game around. He's a world class player.

Reply #680487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vickerman classy in his HT interview unlike Joey and Gleeson who always whine.

Reply #680488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Refs cashed their Cheques from Adelaide during half time. I think we can expect a normal game in the second half now that Adelaide have won it.

Reply #680489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm so bored right now. 20+ margin ZZZzzzzZzz. Game 5 better be epic to make up for this predictable series so far.

Reply #680490 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

AngusH "Adelaide go straight into contact looking for fouls, where as Melbourne finesse around the hoop and avoid contact. It's as simple as that."

they are actually targeting the shoulder of the defender, its basically the opposite of Boy Gorj's philosophy, or the same but applied to the offensive playing strategy as opposed to the defensive playing strategy

Reply #680491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep cheque cashed

Reply #680492 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

This league could be so good yet these refs are so incompetent. Spoiling this series....

Reply #680493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#86-92 are FLOGS !

Reply #680494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too many whistles. This game has no flow. I'm just waiting to see who gets the next foul every minute.

Reply #680495 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#93 We agree, Friday was a great example of their incompetence

Reply #680496 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

NBL sort your officiating issues out.

Reply #680497 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I don't understand this moving screen interpretation. Watch Johnson literally every single time he sets a screen. He goes outside of his cylinder. Shoulder goes in, bum goes out. It's bullshit how refs don't pick him up for that

Reply #680498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Salty MU fans

Reply #680499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm neutral and this is the shittest game ever to watch coz of the whistles

Reply #680500 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

There you go Melbourne, playing a bit harder this quarter starting on the defensive end....

Reply #680501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like what the NBA do where they blow the whistle less in finals rather than 10 fold

Reply #680502 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"If Adelaide win this" - Redhage

Really?

Reply #680504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

John Casey just referenced Black Panther? WTF? Must have gone to see it with his kids. LMAO

Reply #680505 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United finally showing something

I predict 3 soft fouls called on United in the first 2 minutes of the last

Reply #680506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Epic fourth quarter please.

Reply #680507 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

It's good to see future NBA superstar and Hoops favourite Craig Moller contributing something here. Shame about the first three games, but one out of four isn't that bad, I guess...

Reply #680508 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I stand corrected

Keep it going United

Reply #680510 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Impressed with the effort and play of Prather and Moller

Reply #680511 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

On this thread please read "I am neutral" along the lines of "I am not racist but"

Reply #680512 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Impressive post iso by Moller when his team has big-time momentum. Great stuff Craig you f*********

Reply #680513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#512 you are beyond stupid. Seek help.

Reply #680515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers choking.

Reply #680516 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Prather going LeBron mode.

Get him back in RIGHT NOW

Reply #680517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow hits a three and off the ball foul called on Sixers. Shades of Heal hitting a three plus foul in 2003 GF Kings vs Cats.

Reply #680518 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

What is happening? Has LK crossed state lines into SA?

Reply #680519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb were down by how much??

Reply #680520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha adelaide has 37 fta in 3/4 and are crying foul

Reply #680521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Prather on the bench Manu.

Reply #680522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek misses both!!!

Reply #680523 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

How is that a foul on Boone?

Reply #680525 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utd lacking composure since getting close.

Reply #680526 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

United just need to get the ball to Barlow outside the 3 point line. He is unconscious out there! Either that or dead. It is hard to tell the difference with him.

Reply #680527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will lose this

Reply #680529 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Boone called for foul. Contact incidental and accidental. Bad call.

Reply #680530 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley fouls out.

Reply #680531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tight game hopefully delivers in these last three minutes. No anti-climax please.

Reply #680532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow heat check = cold.

Reply #680533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like every player is in foul trouble. #NBLstyles

Reply #680534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Sobey coughs it up. Turning point?

Reply #680535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crunch time and no one is posting? Fire up guys!!!

Reply #680536 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Sobeys head flop is ridiculous

Reply #680537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do Utd have any fans on here? Apart from LK. lol

Reply #680538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #680539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LV.

Huge three by Johnson.

Reply #680540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide started hot because LK is greedy and corrupt and wanted a game 5.
Then Melb came back hard because LK is greedy and corrupt and wanted his team to win the title.
But down the stretch LK changed his mind again and reverted back to wanting a game 5.
/tools

Reply #680541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My God that was yuge

Reply #680542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#41 is a FLOG

Reply #680543 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Great last quarter

Momentum back in United's favour in this series resume regardless of result here

Reply #680544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Adelaide started hot because LK is greedy and corrupt and wanted a game 5.
Then Melb came back hard because LK is greedy and corrupt and wanted his team to win the title.
But down the stretch LK changed his mind again and reverted back to wanting a game 5.
/tools"

Came to post the same thing. I think I'll follow up this fu**ery by watching some Flat Earth Conspiracy nonsense after the game - LK is responsible for that, too.

Reply #680545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding quick three but Barlow gets a tech, lmao.

Reply #680546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah clap them you fucking dickhead Goulding.

Reply #680547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlol

Reply #680548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Barlow tech was lame. Come on, stop trying to kill the tight game refs.

Reply #680549 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melb Utd whole team will foul out at this rate.

Reply #680550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seeya Boone, you can piss off too flog

Reply #680551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see this somehow go to OT juts so United have to do it with no players left

Reply #680552 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Boone. Technically correct.

Just really bad timing.

Reply #680553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn, more fouls. Boring NBL foul foul foul

Reply #680554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 5 #momoney

Reply #680555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers just doing their best for their coach !

Reply #680556 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Brain fade by Barlow there stopped what might have been an amazing comeback.

Reply #680558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#EasterNBL

Reply #680559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Adelaide's arena MC somehow even more of an annoying tool than United's?

Reply #680560 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

48fta to 11. Adelaide fans still think they are getting screwed. Ffs you shouldn't even be in the big dance with that sort of advantage

Reply #680561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter talking it up back time.

Reply #680565 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well United have the blueprint for Game 5 anyway.

Dont play like f**** children

Reply #680567 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

The challenge- turn Hisense into an even more intimidating environment than Adelaide was today

Reply #680568 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Miss the days when this forum used to have real insight into plays and game analysis. Rather than just the "Person X" is a flog.

Reply #680569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu if Utd win how much will you be up less any hedges?

Reply #680570 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Boone's last 2 fouls.

Foul 4 should have been a no call. He was unbalanced, and used DJ (?) to steady himself. Adelaide retained possession and continued to bring the ball up the court. I thought Boone’s body language communicated "ooops... sorry mate". No disadvantage to Adelaide = no foul call. I think leaning on someone to avoid tripping over is instinctive and shouldn’t be penalised unless you disadvantage your opponent (in this case a turnover would be a disadvantage). Even then I’d err on the side of sportsmanship, call ref’s time out and award Adelaide a side ball. Eddie Crouch used to do this instead of possession changeover or foul call.

Foul 5 was correct and should have been called. Adelaide were disadvantaged by not being able to inbound the ball when Boone touched it.

Reply #680571 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

$12k profit if United Win, $4k loss of it goes the other way.

Didn't hedge, I was that convinced. Turned out to be a bad play. Won't hedge now as the value isn't there. Ride or die I guess. United should win

Reply #680572 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Moore getting that offensive board as two United guys boxed out other Adelaide guys was the killer.

Melbourne get the defensive board there and the game is 50/50 imo.

Reply #680573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice, $4 odds. Get dat money.

Reply #680574 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Man that last quarter was a blur. I thought Moore grabbed an o-board in the last 3-4mins? Play-by-play says different

Reply #680576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Melbourne have to find more time for Moller just even to play defence, keep hooley on the bench. Try play Prather and Moller together more rotating through the guard and three spot.
Great game again in view. May the best team win.

Reply #680577 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Adelaide was $5 to win the championship before this game, I should have put that $3k on to kill all doubt.

They won't even be $2.50 to win Game 5 I reckon

Reply #680580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In a homer league I don't hedge out the team with home court in a series.

Reply #680581 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Yep Manu, a blur.

Think I misattributed a Barlow tech to Boone above.

I still think his tangle for a foul after Adelaide's defensive rebound was a harsh call. Accidental and incidental. Didn’t alter the play so no foul.

Reply #680582 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

One thing that's really annoyed me is how Adelaide has taken Boone out of the Series

Reply #680583 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

1 game left. What's the odds of a well officiated game?

Reply #680592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What are the odds you blame the officials regardless?

Reply #680594 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Wouldn't be completely surprised to see a United blowout in Game 5 tbh.

I reckon the refs will let a lot of contact go, which is what Adelaide lives on. They get United's team into foul trouble so they run out of men and confidence. If like to see the whistle put away like it is in every other league in any other year in the history of basketball

Reply #680595 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

I thought Felix wasn't allowed to attend yet he was in the crowd in full United gear and around the team once the buzzer rang and I think even at half time

Reply #680601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Felix nearly got in a fight with some locals up near the old Sporn bar. A lot of verbal on his way to the ladies toilets.

Reply #680603 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

He's allowed to attend, just can’t be on bench.

After the game ends, that’s the end of the conditions too.

Reply #680605 | Report this post

MaoYing  
Years ago

Anyone know where to get tickets for game 5?

Reply #680607 | Report this post

Snooch  
Years ago

Disappointing Wright continued his media ban at the post game press conference today. He's made his point. Either should have answered questions or sent KB.

Treating the media with contempt is playing a dangerous game when you're in a minor sport.

Reply #680608 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Good to see J Chill at the game rockin the suit.

Maybe an interview with him, or special comments even, would add to the presentation for game 5.

Reply #680609 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Snooch i think he is too far into it now to just stop. While i get it and support it to an extent it does come over petulant.

Reply #680610 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good to see J Chill at the game rockin the suit.

Man, he looks good doesn't he. Cooler than a cat in a fridge

Reply #680612 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Very good game.

Refereeing was good. The refs were calling everything early, probably to deter the entanglements that led to the problems in game 2. That seemed to work.

By the way, expecting even foul counts in every game is as rational as expecting even scores in every game. Take the blinkers off and enjoy the basketball, folks. It's a lot more fun that way. Unless you get your jollies from being a self-invested seller of sour grapes, of course.

Hope game 5 lives up to the series so far. I've enjoyed these games a lot.

My sense, though, is that Adelaide were running out of legs in that second half. I think the loss of Childress and the shorter bench is taking its toll. If Melbourne get ahead early in game 5, Adelaide will struggle to catch them.

Reply #680613 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

As I said in another thread, Deng is the only bench threat for Adelaide.

You may be right about Adelaide running out of legs. But I doubt that'll be the case for Game 5, it's six days away

Reply #680624 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Great win by the sixers and amazing atmosphere at the game. Its games like that you live for as a fan of your team. That 3 by DJ was just huge, and the next 3 by Goulding a few seconds later was a ridiculously impressive shot, silly play by barlow though to give away the tech and hamper any real chance of a Melbourne miracle comeback.

It is going to be tough for the sixers to win game 5 but still possible. However with the excellent second half played by united today, I feel that they have more momentum going in to game 5. Pretty proud as a sixers fan of what the team has achieved this year regardless of the game 5 result.

I agree that Joey needs to snap out of what he is doing with the media at the moment, I thought it was ok for one game but needs to give something now - a large part of the game is about the fans and communicating with them via the media is important. As a Sixers fan though, you do have to like the results Joey has gotten since he arrived in town. Over 5 seasons, he has got us to two Finals series, two semi's and only missed the playoffs once when his star player got injured late in the season. It was also great he got on the mic at the stadium after the game today and thanked the fans. I understand the dislike for Joey if he is not coaching your team (I didn't like him when he coached brisbane) but there is no denying he has done a great job for this club.

Reply #680641 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A few sphincters seemed to tighten up late in the game but glad we held on for a good win. Very ordinary second half from us so plenty of ammo for Joey to use to kick us up the backside and come out all guns blazing on saturday night.

Reply #680652 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well the Adelaide odds are nice but no time to hedge when you live on the edge

Reply #680661 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Well said Uncle Phil. Definitely worth coming all the way from Perth to watch that game and I even got a high five from the greatest Sixer of them all Mahersy after the win! The Sixers intensity was awesome especially at the start of the game. Knock Sobey all you want but the guy is ultra impressive. His hustle on D especially on Casper was ridiculously good. He came out like a man possessed. The best way to respond to a BS ejection.

Reply #680663 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

DJ's got to stop grabbing jerseys. Or continue, I mean he's getting away with it

Reply #680665 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/g4-lets-go-back-to-melbourne/

"From Melbourne's timeout Goulding knocked down a quick three but David Barlow handled the ball before the 36ers could grab it and copped a technical foul, United already having been warned for a previous such indiscretion."

Boti is losing it. Barlow hit/slapped the ball while it was still in Creeks hands , while Creek was behind the baseline trying to pass it in. I never left creek's hands, but its an automatic "T"

He's getting (Gotten)? to be an embarrassment.

Reply #680672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manu, United should win... not likely. Adelaide's to lose now, momentum, hunger no fear of Hisense and United have some aching bodies.

Going to love the silence at the end of Game 5 in that crowd.

Reply #680706 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Unlikely to have Tai Wesley fit on Saturday. Shoulder immobiliser post game today.

Reply #680710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that makes up for the non-ejection.

Reply #680714 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Can Goulding be that crap again? Will anyone aside from Casey Prather actually look any good? Is this series rigged to go to 5 games? Or are the refs just really crap?

Reply #680717 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

Very unlikely Wesley missses game 5. He is a grown man with numerous mouths to feed!

Reply #680721 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

In all seriousness though, when Wesley was walking back to the locker room after the game, he had a smile on his face and someone asked him if he would be ok. He seemed to indicate he thought he was alright and with almost a weeks break you would be expecting him to play.

Reply #680723 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Is the shoulder going to keep him out of the game or the elbow to Drimic's head going to be his season end.

Reply #680738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Very unlikely Wesley missses game 5. He is a grown man with numerous mouths to feed!"

Yeah, he needs to put it down their throats.

Reply #680788 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

re: NBL GF Game 4: 36ers v United, March 25

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/g4-lets-go-back-to-melbourne/

"From Melbourne's timeout Goulding knocked down a quick three but David Barlow handled the ball before the 36ers could grab it and copped a technical foul, United already having been warned for a previous such indiscretion."

Boti is losing it. Barlow hit/slapped the ball while it was still in Creeks hands , while Creek was behind the baseline trying to pass it in. I never left creek's hands, but its an automatic "T"

He's getting (Gotten)? to be an embarrassment."

Hes now edited himself.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/around-game-4-of-the-nbl-cship/

"United captain Chris Goulding kept the drama going by sticking a three at the other end but in a major brain fade, teammate David Barlow touched the ball while it was in the hands of 36ers swingman Mitch Creek, about to pass it in.

Automatic tech foul."

- Looks like those fact checkers and sub-editors at NewsCorp really are missed.

Reply #680790 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

he's edited the original mistake out, without acknowledging the correction. It now reads

"From Melbourne's timeout Goulding knocked down a quick three but David Barlow touched the ball out of court as Mitch Creek prepared to inbound it and copped a technical foul for his monumental brain fade."

I would not not bother me so much , except he still is hypocritical enough to put the boot into an incorrect photo labeling in another media outlet.

It would not be so blatantly hypocritical If he could be a professional journalist ( as he so regularly has claimed to be) and note his own correction, like actual reputable news outlets do ( eg NJ times), instead he just hides his mistakes like a guilty kindergarten kid. Yes i know its his own vanity blob , and hes retired, but its just so disappointing, as i am/was a fan of his basketball writing for over 40 years.

Reply #680796 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He is getting very old though.

Reply #680797 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

:)Clearly I would prefer to view it as "wealthy in experience " lol

its just such a tiny little slip up, I'd like to think his age would let him know just to correct it, acknowledge it, then move on. Not hide and then in the same day/article/post put the boot in to someone else for making a similar tiny mistake.

Reply #680811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I would not not bother me so much , except he still is hypocritical enough to put the boot into an incorrect photo labeling in another media outlet. "

Totally agree. He made a big deal (bigger than it needed to be) about the commentator referring to Adelaide as the 76ers, but he puts something in his article which shows he doesn't really know what was going on in the first place.

Reply #680814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pec tear ????

Reply #680815 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I'm just glad I wasn't the only one pissed off at the 76ers reference during amateur hour.

Reply #680819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't compare Boti to 76ers gaff. How unprofessional of those commentators. Pathetic!

Reply #680826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> Can't compare Boti to 76ers gaff.

It was a simple mistake, nothing more. Its not really a big deal.

Reply #680828 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

There were a lot of stuffed up calls from Matt Russell in that game. I usually manage to just tune that stuff out, but he consistently got player names and calls wrong.

Then he started whining like a school kid after he got on Twitter and read the 'stop being biased' tirade.

Reply #680946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Russell commentating a Grand Final series is appauling especially with the NRL in full swing. Why isn't John Casey doing all games. The scary thing is Casey has only done Adelaide games so far so does that mean Russell will do Game 5? Surely not, that would be downright pathetic.

Reply #681018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> Why isn't John Casey doing all games.

Because he is a really bad commentator!

Reply #681022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not compared to Matt Russell.

Reply #681023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt Russel is very good, the refs are no good, the commentators are know good, some you people got start smelling the roses.

Reply #681044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:13 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754