Anonymous
Years ago

Mayan Kiir kicked off LSU team

"LSU head coach Will Wade announced Monday that Kiir has been dismissed from the program for disciplinary reasons, Glenn Guilbeau of The Lafayette Daily Advertiser reports."

Topic #42982 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

For those wondering about the relevance:

Born on Jan. 1, 1998 ... Native of South Sudan … Lived in Melbourne, Australia before playing last four seasons at Victory Rock …

Reply #680956 | Report this post

Anonomous  
Years ago

Does LSU have a decent program? Simmons was there last year and they looked to be badly coached. Coach and Simmons gone and they are about 50/50 win-loss. Seem to have some good wins and then losses to teams I thought they should beat (I'm no expert though). Are they a team that should make the tourney or are they punching above their weight?

Reply #680979 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Simmons was there the year before last, he spent last year rehabilitating his foot.

You are not the first to make this mistake (probably not the last) and I can understand with all the talk about him being a favourite for ROY.

Reply #681029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn that sucks, i know he is a great kid with massive potential.

wonder what happened?

will come back to aus and kill it i recon, seen him in the flesh mad game.

Comes from a great program

Reply #681085 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

"Simmons was there the year before last, he spent last year rehabilitating his foot.

You are not the first to make this mistake (probably not the last) and I can understand with all the talk about him being a favourite for ROY."

Nope no excuse thats just a straight bandwagon understanding of the hoops game, the tournament is already in full swing so NO they won't qualify.

LSU not a strong program at all, the Simmons one and done was a solid attempt at trying to attract others who wanted to play with him. Never capitalised on it.

Mayan Kiir like many overseas recruits have trouble adjusting to college life or try to run before they can walk.

Reply #681143 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Never heard of this kid before so I procrastinated when I got to work this morning and watched some mixtapes of him and he definitely looks like he's got some decent talent and a really solid build that likes to get inside... A really nice mixtape had a good selection of different aspects, not just all his dunks, which was cool...

Anyone know what actually happened? From waht little I read, he followed the coach to LSU from another school that he committed to that the coach moved from to LSU? I guess the reasonings behind it all might determine where he ends up... Definitely looks like a player that could do well in the NBL in the right circumstances from what little bits I saw...

Reply #681147 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Kiir followed Coach Wade to Baton Rouge to play for the Tigers after originally committing to VCU.

Reply #681170 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If you google his name and "forum" you can find a couple of suggestions. Anything mentioned could be tame or severe depending on how it played out. There was a suggestion that he'd been given a decent chance to get on track, but didn't.

Wasn't contributing much, so they may not have had a strong motivation to persist.

Reply #681186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least he could shoot and look after the paint

Reply #681196 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:25 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754