Dome Rat
Years ago

Childress a game day decision

Strong word that Chill may suit up Saturday. even if it is only Willis Reed style it could be the emotional boost to get the team on top

Topic #42989 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or, if it was to happen, it could see a sub-conscious drop in intensity and focus in the rest of the team because he is back ... something I believe more likely than a 'boost', particularly if he was to take the court, since there is no way he could be fit, or confident.

Reply #681155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This doesn't sound like the right idea. Could just be Joey sending out silly rumours to put United off which I’m ok with... I think. I’m actually I’m not sure.

Reply #681158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um, Willis Reed wasn't a scripted ploy to give his team a boost. He made his own decision at the last minute.

Reply #681159 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

"Um, Willis Reed wasn't a scripted ploy to give his team a boost. He made his own decision at the last minute."

Yeah we kinda gathered that, chief.

Reply #681160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think OP gathered that at all.

Reply #681161 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

And OP never implied it was a ploy... so...

Reply #681162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reed wasn't going to play at all until a team mate begged him knowing how it would impact the game

Reply #681166 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

While only yesterday they didn't do much training , they watched the replay of the last game as a group , courtside and Creek said Childress would not play ..

Reply #681179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Creek is a reliable source? If they were looking at pulling a surprise he wouldn't train especially early in week. If he does he'll get the magic needle just before the game.

Reply #681184 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

All OP implied was that having your teammate out there could inspire you to victory. Nothing about subterfuge.

Reply #681189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully he does play and then they have someone like Smith-Milner attack him hard to test him out.. If he is healthy enough to play he should be fine, otherwise he will be sitting.

Reply #681190 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

If he suits up he gets a ring. If he doesn't?

Reply #681194 | Report this post

Surely he still gets a ring, he has played in the GF series.

Reply #681237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would have been better impact if game was at home, crowd would go nuts. And I don't think Joey would try and play mind games, just play the best you have and see what happens.

Reply #681303 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Joey has just been asked for clarification on this and said "we'll do the best we can".

Reply #681334 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I'd be massively surprised if Chill suits up, let alone plays. Shorter categorically ruled it out in the Advertiser article today.

Joey also confirmed we'll do the best we can.

Reply #681380 | Report this post

snooch  
Years ago

Joey's media ban is over. Spoke to the media today.

Reply #681383 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

I'd bet that he'll be on the sheet, and suited, and if the game is clearly going to finish in the 36ers favour, and if there's the opportunity, they will put him on the court at the end.

at least thats what i would do in this situation.

Reply #681391 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Childress wont be playing. I went down to watch the open training today, and he could barely move one of his arms. It looked like raising it above chest height gave him great pain, but he did throw up a few shots with his unaffected arm. He's out. No miracle coming there.

Reply #681393 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:05 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754