PlaymakerMo
Years ago

Andrew Bogut chooses to sit out rest of season

"In a statement on Twitter, Bogut said his wife is not allowed to travel during her "high-risk pregnancy," so he decided to stay with her in Australia rather than sign with a team."

http://www.espn.com.au/nba/story/_/id/22935542/andrew-bogut-says-sit-rest-season-spend-pregnant-wife

Topic #42992 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I choose not to date Margot Robbie.

Reply #681154 | Report this post

Ariel 86  
Years ago

haha

Reply #681156 | Report this post

Gnome  
Years ago

I wonder if he wants to? / can? suit up for the Boomers in the Commonwealth Games.
Would be a great addition?

Reply #681168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Yes, I think that would be pretty awesome.

Reply #681173 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Lol he needs to sit out for life he is never playing another NBA game.

Reply #681212 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti has an article saying Bogut's talked to Essendon about their interest in having an NBL team and his potential involvement. Could be interesting for the NBL.

Reply #681213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't like the sound of it. So if Bogut plays NBL the AFL get a benefit out of it? No thanks.

Reply #681219 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I think this rest might be good for him physically but i'd bet against him ever being in the NBA again after it. He will probably try, get ditched from a few training camps and maybe some sort of summer league thing, and then end up in the NBL or retiring.

Reply #681223 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

At best Bogut will be a 12 points 6 Rebounds guy over 20 odd minutes on an NBL team. The NBA has passed him by, unfortunately. I feel sorry for him since he had that injury and came back with basically no offensive prowess he was a shadow of the player he was at Utah.

Reply #681227 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Should we bet on next season? I'm putting money on him playing 20+ NBA games next year. Anyone fancy a punt?

Reply #681243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha yes ill take that, has he ever scored 20pts in a nba game before?

Reply #681256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just checked in his whole NBA career Bogut has scored over 21pts just 4 times!!

Reply #681259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ohhhh ignore me I though you said 20pts.
Back in my box I will go.

Reply #681261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"he was a shadow of the player he was at Utah."

With 0 Games, 0 Minutes, 0 Points, 0 Rebounds, etc. under his belt for Utah, he really did become a shadow of the player he was at Utah.

I struggle to see him returning to the NBA. Definitely a shame as I think injuries aside he'd have another 2 seasons in him, and despite a career plagued with injuries he certainly didn't roll over and returned determined and committed every single time.

Reply #681266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Utah being his college. Keep up.

Reply #681267 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

With 0 Games, 0 Minutes, 0 Points, 0 Rebounds, etc. under his belt for Utah, he really did become a shadow of the player he was at Utah.
He played 68 games for Utah averaging 16.6 points and 11.1 rebounds in 32.7 minutes.

Reply #681269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"With 0 Games, 0 Minutes, 0 Points, 0 Rebounds, etc. under his belt for Utah, he really did become a shadow of the player he was at Utah.
He played 68 games for Utah averaging 16.6 points and 11.1 rebounds in 32.7 minutes."

I reckon I played the same amount of games for my rep team.

We're talking pro stats here.

Reply #681275 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

"Just checked in his whole NBA career Bogut has scored over 21pts just 4 times!!"

Considering he scored over 21 points (weird number to choose, but anyway...) 16 times in 2009-10 alone, I'm gonna say your source on that one isn't the best.

* apologies for the koberulz-style post, but sometimes you gotta go down that path, you know?

Reply #681430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I choose not to date Margot Robbie.
Difference is that Bogut has played in the NBA for over a decade, won a ring, made millions, and will retire a champion.
Whereas the closest you've come to dating a real woman is your left hand.

Reply #681474 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754