Anonymous
Years ago

Will Melbourne bring everyone back?

The big names like Ware, Goulding, Prather, Boone, Wesley?

Will Andersen retire? Was he on big money, therefore allowing Melbourne to chase someone else with those dollars?

Topic #43012 | Report this topic

Andrew  
Years ago

I think they will try to bring everyone back minus Anderson who will retire.

Reply #681692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's up in the air for Wesley ends up because he will be considered an import in the 2018-19 season.

For me I would rather take Felix over Prather. Retain Boone and Ware if possible.

Move on from Moller and Hooley. Keep Barlow, Tohi, and Adnam.

Reply #681695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley already said he's been allowed to return as a local for next season while he seems citezenship.

Molller has 2 years remaining.

Hooley will come back over Adnam if it comes down between the 2 as Dan Dillon will be returning.

Move on from Majok, Adnam and Anderson

PG: Ware - Dillon
SG: Goulding - Hooley
SF: Felix - Moller - Barlow
PF: Wesley - FA
C : Boone - Landale

Reply #681701 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news about Wesley, would hate to have to go against him.

Reply #681704 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Pure guesses:

Prather back to Perth.

Wesley to Sydney. Or maybe NZ.

Goulding hopefully stays...but I reckon at some point will go to Brisbane.

Felix to sign?

Majok and Smith Milner are the interesting ones for mine- who gets offered a spot? Is there room for both in the 11?

Reply #681705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tohi stays a DP

Reply #681706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majoj has been awful this season

Reply #681707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think Prather would get a euro league gig, probably to small for nba 3 man. It was a mistake for Perth to let him go no matter how good Cotton was. Is Wesley an import. Moller played very well during the season and is contracted as is Adnam.

Reply #681708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley is a local. Carrick LOVES Melbourne. I am shocked he stayed with the team throughout the remainder of the year after Casey came back, and tonight he spent a LOT of time with fans, both before and during the game. Loves the city, loves the fans, loves the team. Feeling is mutual.

Reply #681710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley will be in hot demand, not many sides don't require a man of his talent that can play the 4/5 spot.

Reply #681711 | Report this post

Your name is Brewster certainly treated with love and miss you too baby lol but funny after that would be a lot of people from the same time last year old stuck in a bit of an actual business and place 5ft7 is 5th and 5ft7 I've had the opportunity to annoy me know when you're ready for a while yet but the last one was your FB friends with a couple of months ago

Reply #681732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

> It was a mistake for Perth to let him go no matter how good Cotton was.

They had to let him go because he was chasing an NBA gig. The Cats didn't think they could wait so they pounced on Walker. When Prather eventually didn’t make the NBA, the Cats didnt have a spot for him and Melbourne came in with a massive offer.

Reply #681733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen won't be back imo - Prather will probably go Europe or NBA. If Wesley can stay as a local he’ll back. My thoughts

Ware or Import/Adnam
Goulding/Dillon
Felix or Import SF/Moller
Wesley/Barlow/Smith-Milner
Boone or Import/Back up C - wouldn’t bring back Majok.

Reply #681734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith-Milner could end up at breakers.

Reply #681739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I imagine Adnam will look at other opportunities. He can play in this league just fell out of the rotation. Prather I'm sure wants to move on, as might Ware. They're not getting any younger but the Anderson money helps to possibly pay them. I would retain Wesley as a priority, best post game in the league and one of our go to guys down the stretch last night.
I have to wonder whether the Gouldings reaction last night may have been due to his last game for United? Hope not...

Reply #681745 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Prather to Perth, Ware to NBA, Boone to Melbourne, Goulding to Brisbane.

Reply #681754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andersen going would free up money - Wesley in particular will need an upgrade in $$$ especially as a local.

I don't think Majok will be back - would like to see a young Australian out of college replace him.

One of Adnam or Hooley will make way for Daniel Dillon in my opinion.

If Smith-Milner doesn't sign with the Breakers I would like to see him as 11th man.

Reply #681757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't Moller a Perth boy, that’s the rumour I’m hearing.

Reply #681759 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Melbourne isn't a team, just a group of $$$$ lumped together. Most will be gone

Reply #681761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller is a nsw boy, started footy in wa, and has a multi year contract. Where are you hearing that rumour, are you stupid???

Reply #681764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I like Adnams games but Hooley has the trust of the coach ATM. Adnam is more of a steady set the offence up type where Hooley can give you a spark and quick points(or turnovers). Adnam would fit into the old Cairns system, although the poor boy still needs to put on some size.

Reply #681817 | Report this post

Jarra  
Years ago

Will be well positioned if they can retain the core group. Would love to see a straight swap Bogut for Andersen. DA to move into a coaching role. Boone as the starter with Bogut off the bench playing 20-25 minutes per game is a perfect scenario for all.

I would be surprised if Goulding left for Brisbane, seems to like playing in Melbourne. Majok seems to have gone backwards, hard to believe he was starting under Dean's strange old rotation policy.

Prather is far superior to Felix in my opinion, once they started genuinely moving the ball in offence and running proper sets instead of jacking up 3's he looked a different player. I'd be looking to retain as a high priority.

Reply #681828 | Report this post

Jarra  
Years ago

*Dean as in Demopoulos.

Reply #681829 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

Felix will be playing for Melbourne next season. Almost 100%

Reply #681862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the anon who had Landale backing up Boone, you clearly haven't seen Landale play. No way he is behind Boone and no way does he play NBL in his first professional gig. Would be borderline NBA and if not a top Euro team

Reply #681865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale couldn't get his team into the finals out off a very soft devision, nbl maybe but nba I doubt it, just on size alone.

Reply #681874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Contracts don't mean much anymore, they are broken regularly.

Reply #681876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Landale won't even be drafted. Yeah he puts up big numbers but he's a senior in a weak conference.

NBA scouts arnt high on him.. dosent have a whole lot to grow and has a low ceiling .. given his lack of speed, and defensive ability

Reply #681879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FWIW Issac humphries is a far better prospect then jock

Reply #681881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries a better prospect based on what evidence?

Reply #681892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Humphries is certainly not better than Jock. Humphries has a lot of work to do.

Reply #681911 | Report this post

Jarra  
Years ago

"Felix will be playing for Melbourne next season. Almost 100%"

- What makes you think this?

Reply #681918 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

"Melbourne isn't a team, but unfortunately they were enough of a team to beat my mob and win the championship".

- Salty 36ers fan.

Reply #681946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never said humphries is BETTER. he's a better PROSPECT.

Ever scouted someone ? Issac has 2 way potential.. a good athelete for a 7footer, has shown defensive flashes and a soft mid range touch.

Issac turns 21 next year and has already had 1 season playing pro... JOCK turns 23 this year.

Reply #681948 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

For those talking about "freeing up the Andersen money" do they realise that if the rumours were anywhere close, both him and Goulding would have been worth very close to the entire cap of Cairns or Illawarra?

Not a salty fan by any means, they definitely deserved the win, but a team that can afford Ware, Prather, Goulding, AND Andersen can afford to not make a mockery of the soft cap next season, don't we think?

For what it's worth, Andersen moving into a coaching role next season would be interesting, at a team that doesn't have any big coaches and would also benefit from Tai Wesley as well... and be able to afford both of them...

Reply #681971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say the kings spent more money than United, and both Childress and Cotton don’t come at budget costs, yes Cairns and Illawarra hae been budget conscious but at least Melbourne won it all, your kings have got back to back seventh places and I’m not blaming Gaze for it either but management. Moller must be happy with his choice following Vickerman down south.

Reply #681986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word is Anderson was on a much smaller deal then his 800k 2016/17 salary

Reply #681987 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Other rosters didn't come cheap either.

United weren't even my title tip for most of this season.

Reply #682001 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Technically not my Kings now, anon... and you're right, they would have dropped a lot on the team, but come on, more than United?!? lol... They'd be right behind them, but no way more than, unless Andersen's contract was so front loaded he played for a hot pie and chips after the game...

I agree it's JvG that should cop the majority of the blame, and have said as much all season... Just goes to show that they let the wrong coach go, after hiring the wrong one in the first place...

Reply #682070 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Seems there is a sponsor that...
.. gives a free meal if united win...
sandwich chefs ...my favorite fooood...

Reply #682129 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:57 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754