Matt
Years ago

Anyone going to the Commonwealth Games?

Anyone going to the Comm games, the boys are playing basketball to in the comm games, and rugby league 9's to, coolies..

Topic #43040 | Report this topic

Mitch  
Years ago

nahh, cbf

Reply #682329 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Ticket sales are so bad they'll be free soon

Reply #682341 | Report this post

thatguyontheend  
Years ago

The ticket sales senario is crazy I was in the ballot for tickets to some hoops and opening ceremony WAY back last year and yet now I hear poor ticket sales .... joke!

Reply #682343 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Poor ticket sales hey? Well, that's the Gold Coast for you. Have they ever cared about anything sports related?

Reply #682346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not the games on gold coast which are selling bad.. they sold out really quick !

It's the group stages which are selling slow (Townsville and Cairns)

Reply #682347 | Report this post

DJ Rod  
Years ago

I'm going to all of the games here at The Swamp. Going to be weird walking back in there!

Reply #682348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm attending the group stages in Cairns, was in the ballot for the semis & final on the Gold Coast and only got semi tickets. Final tix gone straight away.

Reply #682357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Commonwealth games is such a poor mans sports event. Have never been interested, never will be.

Reply #682369 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I used to love the Commonwealth Games but have little interest now. Not sure if it is because I am old or there is so much more high quality sport that is available to watch.

At least there is basketball in it now which is a massive upgrade on lawn bowls.

Reply #682456 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

Going to Boomers v Tall Blacks in Cairns Saturday night. According to the booking site, there are less than 10 tickets left.

Going to WATCH a game for a change... :)

Reply #682464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

some fool decided to put the rounds games in North Queensland.

Tickets to the Basketball finals on the Gold Coast are super hard to find.

Reply #682517 | Report this post

I'm working at the Comm Games. Wrestling and final night at basketball. Come and say hello if you're going to be there.

Reply #682524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That opening ceremony... dafuq.

Reply #682540 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Canadian hockey coach subbed out goal keeper and put a girl in up forward... played without a goalie for the last two minutes of the game .... all or nothing .. something different to see..

Reply #682584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a commom ice hockey tactic so no surprise to see it from Canada.

Reply #682665 | Report this post

Red81  
Years ago

Because it's a sell out, I can't see the prices of the Gold Medal game seats. Anyone know how expensive they were? Heard astronomical figures over $500. Is that true? I went into the ballot but got no reply, same as with the volunteer stuff.

Reply #682694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah, I've been volunteering up in Cairns, its been great.

Reply #682761 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:21 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754