Anonymous
Years ago

Future Australian NBA players

I'm seeing a lot of names thrown around in this forum of players I’ve rarely seen or heard of. Interested in tracking these players on their journey to the NBA. Adel, Mathiang, Deng, Froling, Wigness etc. Who are the top prospects for the future of the boomers? Have we seen our peak of NBA players or are there more to come?

Topic #43062 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'6 SG Josh Green (00) atm looks the most likely but it's a few years away.
Offers from big NCAA schools.

Others with hype are

5'11 T.Wigness 02 PG
6'7 D.Adel 96 SF
6'8 X.Cooks 95 CF
6'11 J.Landale 95 C
7'0 J.Acuil 94 C

Reply #682916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matur maker also
6'10 PF 1998

Reply #682917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wigness and Green are the two big time prospects, and they're both several years off.

Matur Maker's a complete unknown, think we'll find out what he's made of once the pre-draft process finds out more about him.

Deng Adel's the only real guy that 1st anon mentioned who I think has a legitimate chance to find a niche in the NBA, because 2 way wings with length and good athleticism are not easy to come by. He needs to improve his efficiency and tighten up his ass/TO rate though.

Reply #682921 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Wigness looks very good and like a prospect. Travers is another interesting one on that team who seems versatile and like he can do a bit of everything.

Reply #682925 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Josh Green looks the best of the junior prospects looking forward to the Hoop Summit next week.
A lot of hype surrounding Tamuri Wigness but at just 16 very early days yet.
Deng Adel a good chance IMO

Reply #682938 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Wigness will play in the NBA.

Would be great if Australia could send him off with an Olympics under his belt....

Reply #682951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thoughts on Swaka Lo Buluk Wani? He's looked pretty good for the u16's as well. Good size, long, can shoot.

Reply #682955 | Report this post

NikoRustov79  
Years ago

Epperson @ Creighton looks like a stud too
Mcdowell white will get a shot in the league eventually. he's too good not to

Reply #682990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16y.o kids, too early to tell.
Growth can stop now or they get physically larger and as a result they lose there speed and agility etc.

Epperson looks like one to watch, very mobile for his size.

Reply #682991 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Deng Adel perhaps then Josh Green but its a few years off.

Not many others who project as legit NBA level talents however it can change quickly as guys can develop later.

Reply #683018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adel only just making draft boards (60) and u saying he a future star? Please.

Once 2020 olympics is done we going to drop off real fast

Reply #683033 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I like Deng Adel definitely has the foundation to be an NBA rotation guy.

Reply #683035 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wigness is currently the goods but i think the 5'11 firstly isn't correct. I've seen him in person and i would say that 5"11 is mainly shoe - he is more like 5'9. I think his height ceiling is under 6" and that might be the issue. He is very very special, however.

Reply #683105 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wigness listed as 184cm on fiba roster.
Dont think so. Maybe in a few years.

Reply #683106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What brand are these 2" shoes that I see mentioned so often as making these players taller? Even Shaq didn't need that much cushioning

Reply #683107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The brand of shoes are imagination & embellishment

Reply #683115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I don't know what shoes he's wearing but he stands next to kids I know who are 5'11" and he's definitely shorter than them. That said, the list of kids who've been as dominant as Wigness at AJCs in the past is pretty good company.

Adel and McDowell-White the only two prospects for the next couple of years. Too hard to guess after that. But Cooks, Landale, Acuil, Moneke, guys like that are too old to get drafted. They'd need a couple of years to work their way into a good Euro system, then a couple of years of dominance at the top of Euroleague before the NBA might show any interest.

It's easy to overlook how hard it is to make it to the NBA as an older player. Quinn Cook won a national title at Duke in 2015 and was G League MVP and is only just now signing his first real NBA contract. With the exception of Landale, none of the older college guys have resumes anywhere close to as good as Cook's.

Reply #683121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Few young kids ahead of Wigness who are older who he can't match ..
Glover,Dejan, Tom Wilson,Matt Kenyan,McDowell-White who I’ve seen are better in all aspects of the game...

Reply #683604 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:02 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754