Anonymous
Years ago

Aussie Homicide?

Corey 'Homicide' Williams caps NBL season to remember with dream of calling Australia home

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/corey-homicide-williams-caps-nbl-season-to-remember-with-dream-of-calling-australia-home/news-story/a2abfc422cf92d4055ec4806492edead

"I’m based and living in Melbourne and, honestly, if the opportunity is right, I would love to stay here for good," the former Melbourne Tiger said.

Topic #43074 | Report this topic

Tribe  
Years ago

He seems to love Melb/Aus life. Good luck to him

Reply #683219 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"His personal beef with the state of Perth is another story."

Great article!

Reply #683220 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Wow Peter Dutton do your thing!

What value does he add to Australia?

Think we should be taking those more deserving who can add more than cheap trash talk and bad youtube vidoes.

Reply #683237 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

'What value does he add to Australia?

Think we should be taking those more deserving who can add more than cheap trash talk and bad youtube vidoes."

Sorry, but what is it YOU bring to Australia that is so necessary?

At least the guy has passion for our league. We went about two decades where no one, even those who worked in the league, did.

Reply #683245 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Think we should be taking those more deserving who can add more than cheap trash talk and bad youtube vidoes.

We are letting people come to this country with nothing other than a sob story from their country.

I'm happy for Homicide to gain citizenship, I wonder if he'll say...

I...Homicide Willians pledge my loyalty to Australia and its people, except Perth dills.

Reply #683249 | Report this post

Reality Is  
Years ago

he only likes the league cause he needs the work! Dude has no skills and is a poor game analyst who flip flops on opinion and try's to be outrageous.

He is basically unemployable so he sounds like a perfect addition to Australia!

Reply #683274 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Kiwis and English get in for less ;-)

Besides, he's employable by simplying making Shawn Redhage (marginally) more tolerable :-)

Reply #683276 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Homicide doesn't need to be "employable" in the traditional sense.

If enough people watch his vids on YouTube, like him on Facebook and follow his tweets, he has a market following.

A market following attracts paid advertising for the platforms, which trickles down to him as the content provider.

I don’t necessarily support him, or even this way of making bank, but this is a growing area of “employment”.

Reply #683278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What value does he add to Australia?"
The same could be asked of you "Reality". Tell us all why you are so special as an Aussie and deserve to be one.
Personally if you are an Aussie shame on you.

He wants to naturalise. Good on him.

Reply #683289 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've received notice from the authorities that in light of this Hoops thread, the immigration rules Australia-wide have changed. Interest in, and passion for, the NBL will now replace any past assessment relating to personal plight or appreciation for the cultural norms of our country.

The minister's aide specifically wanted me to pass on their office's appreciation to the bold, forward-thinking forum participants here. Great work all!

Reply #683301 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

Wow I know some of you do not like his commentary but lay off.

He is a good man deserves to stay here.

Reply #683310 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Thanks Issac good to hear that Dutton & Co are listening to the "people"

Reply #683337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:20 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754