A
Years ago

Creek, Johnson and Sobey leaving 36ers?

Looks like times will be tough with the big 3 Aussie 36ers players potentially leaving Adelaide...DJ gone? Creek to stay in Europe or the States and Sobey wanting out??

Topic #43076 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If so what a waste of an era.

Reply #683296 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think all 3 will be 36ers next season.

Reply #683302 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Source?

Reply #683304 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti suggested on his site yesterday that the Kings and Breakers were interested in DJ. There was a comment the other day on here (from someone who often knows things) that Sobey might not stay. And another linking Creek to Brisbane though I can see him in Europe/NBA.

Reply #683309 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

People thinking creek is going to be in the NBA gotta be dreaming. Only possible way would be on the gleague 2 way contract.

Reply #683312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sobey is staying, as he has one year remaining on his contract. Whoever spread that is speaking out of turn!

Reply #683315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How much weight does the DJ thing have though? Perth were interested in DJ a couple seasons ago when he came back from Europe. So is he actually leaving? He's playing the off season in SA.

So too is Newley btw, any chance he might finally play those last per-retirement games in Adelaide?

Reply #683316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even though Sobey is or looks like a bit off a tosser, he is one very good player. His shooting was not as good this season but he stops points at the other end and was the only player that limited Ware scoring. Adelaide would be stupid to release him.

Reply #683318 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think it's likely Creek won't be back, DJ unsure and hopefully the Sixers don't let Sobey go. He does seem to be showcasing himself in the Comm Games though.

Reply #683320 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Gliddon and DJ will need clones they have been linked everywhere.

Reply #683321 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Gliddon's only really been linked to Brisbane, I think talk of him going home to Perth was more wishful thinking from 1-2 Wildcats fans.

Reply #683323 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Yes, the Gliddon rumour is the only one I heard of any substance. Creek is a decent chance for a two-way contract, I'd be watching closely on that one.

Reply #683326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Perth fans will vote with their wallets if the cats dont get one or 2 of the big name australian signings next week.

The cats have been playing cheap on recruiting for a number of years and its finally starting to show. If they want to be with the likes of melbourne and sydney next year they will need to assemble better australian and a Boone, Ware, Prather calibre importants. No more cheap options like Cooke.

I wander if their owner is out of money or unwilling to spend like Larry is.

Reply #683329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek wont leave unless its for nba or big money in Europe. Johnson wants to stay in Adelaide so it will have to be a monster offer to leave, Sobey may eventually.

Reply #683332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Creek leaving seems likely atm considering Adelaide have already gotten in a replacement for him

Reply #683335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a stupid question asking if the Wildcats owner is out of money... Jack Bendat is one of Australia's richest people with a net worth of over 720 million.... he'd be nowhere near out of money.

Reply #683336 | Report this post

David Ware  
Years ago

What replacement do Adelaide have for Creek?

Reply #683338 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

People thinking creek is going to be in the NBA gotta be dreaming. Only possible way would be on the gleague 2 way contract.
Which is still NBA-enough and deprives the 36ers/NBL of his services...

I understand there was some level of interest during this NBL season.

Anyway, once upon a time, people said the same thing about Ingles and he's been doing very well. Actually go back a bit before that and one of Australia's more decorated players and coaches supposedly said of Ingles, "Don't worry, he'll probably be shit anyway."

Reply #683340 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

I reckon creek is only developing a moderately reliable open 3pt shot away from an nba career.

Whether he can display that in summer league, or a team takes a punt he can develop it once they get him in is the question

Reply #683348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth really got found out in the end, what a clown.

Reply #683350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles has two NBA qualities, shooting and IQ

Creek??

Maybe half a quality In athleticism.

Reply #683354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ingles has two NBA qualities, shooting and IQ

Creek??

Maybe half a quality In athleticism.

Reply #683355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide will get some young studs again, and I think you will find Drmic and Hodgson won't be back. Unsure on DJ as he has always opted for comfort over anything else.

Reply #683378 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

I love Mitch Creek as he gives his all for the team and I want him to succeed even if that means he moves onto bigger and better things than the Sixers.

But I just don't see the NBA for Mitch, he is athletic yes, but so are 95% of NBA 3's. He doesn't have the length, the shooting (right now), his defence is above average NBL but where does that put him for the NBA?

I would love for Mitch to make the NBA but more likely it would be Europe.

Reply #683387 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Doubt Sobey is leaving.

Reply #683390 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

I think Mitch is a great player and if put on an NBA court he would do his thing, but there's a difference between that, and having the attribute that puts you above 10,000 other people who can probably come in and be competitive in a one off game at that level. The question is, what does Mitch have that an NBA club needs? The answer is I am not really sure. Some team might like his locker room leadership, hustle and his energy and take a punt on him but I wouldn't think it particularly likely

Reply #683394 | Report this post

Ariel 86  
Years ago

Yeah I think if Creek was able to stick, it would be that hard to bottle ability of being able to be thrown into any situation and 'get it done.'

There's players that don't do anything all that exceptionally that stick because they sit at 10th or 11th man, you know you can throw them in at any time, any where, and they will compete like crazy and get you a result.

Only issue is they get held less and less these days, because you're better off having a project there with more upside.

Reply #683397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is a solid all rounder but he is no Andre Ingram

Reply #683399 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:41 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754