Years ago

Rampton wins POTW Rnd2

Rampton honoured

Rampton
Game 1 Hawks 99 dft Breakers 85
13pts (6/6FG - 1/3FT) 15 rebounds, 1 block, 2 steals in 40mins
Game 2 Kings 85 dft Hawks 83
23pts (4/9FG - 15/19FT) 19 rebounds, 2 assists fouled out in 45mins

Tucker 36pts (13/23FG 57% - 1/5 3pt 20% - 9/10FT 90%) 8rebounds, 3 assists in 44 mins
Cattalini 38pts (14/24FG 58% - 4/8 3pt 50% - 6/9FG 67%) 9rebounds, 3 assists, 1 block, 1 steal in 40mins

Topic #4310 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

Nice numbers from Rampton, but it should have gone to Cat with Tucker second and Rampton third.

Reply #50047 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Another set of pearly whites around the league soon?

Reply #50055 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

cat

Reply #50059 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

True cat and tucker had big games, but dont you think because rampton played 2 he had an advantage? im not saying its right, but as long as its consistant i wont be complaining. He did get 34 rebounds in 2 games though, thats a fair effort.

Reply #50096 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

34 rebounds is a great effort but I think the context of the game and the way those rebounds/points whatever it may be are achieved also should be taken into consideration.

It seemed to happen too much last season that players that played 2 above average games won the award over someone who online played one but a pretty good one.

If the Hawks had one both games ok than there is some more backing his performance - How much of his points/rebounds were in junk time vs the Kings (That game was over real early - dont let the final score deceive you). Even if they went 1-1 but it was against a higher quality team than his stats would hold more merit.

Reply #50115 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As I posted on OzHoops:

Decided by the HSA ranking (see Blitz stats):

Cattalini: 52.5 HSA
Tucker: 40 HSA
Redhage: 51.5 HSA
Blackburn: 40.5 HSA

Rampton (vs Breakers): 40 HSA
Rampton (vs Kings): 48 HSA

Cattalini and Redhage with the 50+ games. Rampton with 44 averaged over the two games. Give it to Cattalini for 52.5 and the win, or Rampton for the solid, consistent numbers. Wouldn't have been unhappy with either of them getting it.
It's all about the HSA! ;)

Reply #50119 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Isaac, I'm a fan of the HSA scores. Would it be too cumbersome for you to give us the Hoops SA NBL Player Of the Week based on HSA scores?

Could lead to a Hoops SA NBL MVP award of some sort? What might the trophy or prize be? Your thoughts?

Reply #50124 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

The same thing happened last year,
a player would have a ball tearer of a game but the award would go to a player who had two (or three) consistent efforts.
If you only play 1 game in a round (because of the schedule) should you be penalised? what are the leagues criterium?

Reply #50125 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

sawmeinhalf - I did HSA-type stats for the CABL and Blitz and I'm considering doing NBL stats this year, but just very busy right now. Otherwise, I'd definitely give it a shot.

Reply #50128 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754