When does it start?

Topic #4311 | Report this topic

>..stranger..<  
Years ago

soon

Reply #50138 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Is the summer season onlg going to run for term 4 or is going to go over christmas like it normally does.

Reply #50146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball stops during christmas mate

Reply #50189 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

no but this year the finals were going to be before Christmas to allow a longer winter season

Reply #50191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AJ i have been seeing alot of posts from you what team and div do you play

Reply #50195 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Be ready for a longer than usual Summer season which could be around 22 games

Reply #50219 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

I play u18's. Thats all i'll say

Reply #50291 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i understand that there will be 9 rounds before xmas and 9 after xmas with the comp being divided into two zones north and south and at the end of the second 9 rounds the top teams from each zone will play off for final. then the winter season will start and finish prior to xmas. the following year there will be a short summer season after xmas and a normal winter season so that SA is in line with eastern states basketball. This is only what I understand - it is not written in blood. if anyone can correct me, please do because i would like to know what the heck i am doing with my kids next year!!!

Reply #52890 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

The season at this stage as you have stated, 9 and 9 rounds. There is however no zoning just normal round robin. After this we have finals and after that it is anybodys guess. The next season will however finish by Christmas 06. It has upset a lot of clubs and I feel that it is not a great idea. There is still a lot of campaining to try and over turn this decision but it is highly unlikely.

Reply #52895 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

Doesn't the number of teams exceed the number of rounds? Teams don't get to play each other twice?
What about the rumour that U16 3/4/5 will be played on a Saturday morning?
Is there going to be something official written on Sporting Pulse so that all the parents understand?

Reply #52898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where do you guys get your info.Other than being 18 rounds long with finals, there is no other info.Each Div is allowed a max of 15 teams so each team does get to play twice, if there is the max.
Your clubs will communicate with you when there is more info.

Reply #52923 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

9 rounds before Christmas and 9 rounds after Christmas = 18 rounds! The teams that had nominated two teams in a division have been allowed to do so.

Reply #52925 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I understand that what BASA is trying to do is get SA in line with the Eastern States who have their summer and winter seasons within the actual year, not overlapping into the following year as we have now with summer season. I think that would be better - I always hated having that 6-8 week break and coming back for 2 games and then into finals. OK, so it will take a year or two to settle in, but in theory it sounds better. Hey, everyone adjusts and settles into the routine when you first join basketball. You will just have to learn a new routine!

Reply #53268 | Report this post

Here is the calendar for the Victorian Championship (equivalent of division 1) for 2004/5 (and a little of 2005/6). Here is a similar calendar for Metro (equivalent of division 2/3/4).

From my understanding, in Melbourne, players move up an age group after their finals in September, as per the current system in Adelaide. So won't the new system mean that we are moving out of step with Melbourne, and put us three months behind them?

Reply #53299 | Report this post

nutter  
Years ago

jus a quick question how do you figure that every 1 plays each other twice if there are 15 teams in some divs 14 (other) teams means only play a few teams twice

Reply #56673 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754