Anonymous
Years ago

Travis Trice

Who will be in the market for Trice this season? I feel he'd be great with Adelaide, to replace Shorter.

Topic #43123 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

He would be a great signing for us but I think he might be a little too far out of our price range as we hope to bring back Childress & Moore too.

Reply #684372 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

yes he would be a good fit. Someone who can hit the 3 and make plays down the stretch.

Pretty sure he'd want to make NBA or G League soon though?

Reply #684373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee that would actually make a tonne of sense. Similar to player to Shorter but far better offensive skills.

Reply #684375 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

And not a head case by all reports

Reply #684376 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Speaking of Shorter, did anyone read Boti's recent write up about free agency etc? There's a pretty decent section where Boti is fairly critical of Shorter and doesn't seem overly keen to see him return. Article does say Shorter could be useful for the right price if Motum & Froling are a decent chance though. Maybe concedes he's just not the right fit either but defintely a pretty reasonable whack on him.

I was just a bit surprised by it but haven't really noticed any past criticism of Shorter by Boti.

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/jc-moving-on-but-tom-is-the-bomb/

Reply #684379 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Yea saw that with Boti on Shorter, was also surprised.

To me Shorter is basically a slightly better version of Adam Gibson, a very solid player. Shorters stats of 13pts/4ast/4rb are similar to Gibsons best 36ers year in 2014. Everyone praise Gibson, but then bag out imports like Shorter.

Yes, Shorter is no Randle, Ware, Cotton type, but he also wouldnt cost $400-600k either, so what do you expect?

Trice would likely be an upgrade and a good fit, but i dare say would also cost more, if they can afford Trice over Shorter then no complaints from me.

I'd also be happy to bring Shorter back, especially if it means we can afford a guy like Brock Motum.

To me signing Brock Motum, regardless of Creek returning or heading over seas should be priority number 1. Brock would likely take either Creeks spot if he leaves or Childress's spot if Creek returns

Id be very happy with a team of

Johnson/Froling
Motum/Deng
Creek or Childress/Teys
Sobey/Moore
Shorter/Doyle
11th man a young guy like Sam McDaniel

Obviously will come down to how keen Motum is to return to the NBL and how much $$$ he is asking

Reply #684382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can he flex though?

Reply #684410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trice , But Teys has had his day and will be another year and slower. Needs to go and we look for a good 1 on 1 defender. Keep Moore and the Childress and get a good 5 who can hit the 3 ball

Reply #684419 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

36ers should be looking at some of these guys to run the point in my opinion;

Shane Gibson
Ryan Boatright
Travis Trice

Reply #684478 | Report this post

bretts the man  
Years ago

No we do not want Shorter back and full marks to Boti stating what most supporters think in regard to Shorters playing short comings and attitude.
If you weren't at GF in Melbourne you had no idea how embarrassing that muscle flex was especially the timing off it to all Sixers supporters there .
United supporters were in shock that someone who had created turnovers missed easy shots etc in a team losing badly would do that.

Reply #684490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter basically won the game for Melbourne

Reply #684491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trice to return to Brisbane from all accounts

Reply #684498 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I thought Shorter's size made him somewhat useful in handling switches. Didn't always work, but he managed to body up OK and hold his position.

Boti is very scathing though!

Shorter is the weakest point guard-specific import the 36ers have suited in the club's history, despite much love from FOX-TV commentators enamoured with his outgoing personality.

An unreliable scorer unless going straight to the basket, and unable to contain any rival point guard - playing defence like a turnstile doesn’t really cut it - he must hold some sort of record as the import point guard most likely to pass the ball out-of-court on a last-play.
Brutal!

Reply #684510 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Isaac...is it still brutal if it is correct?

Reply #684526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His attitude was fuelled by the coaches behaviour!!

Reply #684534 | Report this post

ferdterguson  
Years ago

Shorter had a good DRtg for a guard and as Isaac said worked well with the 36ers switchy defense as he is hard to abuse on the post. Its hard for anyone to stay in front of a guy like Randle, although he did a respectable job on Ware in the finals.

On offense he didn't need to be ball dominant like Randle with all the talent on the 36ers squad.

He played up around 30 minutes a game and if he was as bad as Boti says the 36ers wouldn't have been 1 game off winning a championship.

That said, I wouldn't be in a hurry to bring him back, especially if he wants a pay rise.

I'm guessing Shorter didn't give Blog Boy Boti enough good quotes to use.

Reply #684561 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:09 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754