Isaac
Years ago

Sixers set to announce McVeigh & Froling signings?

See Boti's site for the story.

Topic #43137 | Report this topic

Interesting  
Years ago

Where do these two guys fit in to the 36ers?
One is a replacement for Hodgson ?

Reply #684679 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Both big men going by height? I know a simple google search should clarify that but i seem to be getting a mixed bag of information regarding position.

Maybe with an 11 man roster the thinking is to go a little deeper in the front court. Could also mean Motum isn't happening or getting two younger bigs presumably cheaper than Motum gives flexibility elsewhere. I don't know.

Reply #684680 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

According to Liamm from the NBL Froling is a 6'11" centre and McVeigh is a 6'8" swingman.

Reply #684683 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe Froling to replace Hodgson and McVeigh a case of locking up a talent regardless. I don't think Childress is going to be an option.

Reply #684684 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

One was a benchwarmer & the other quit two colleges.
Good luck with them.

Reply #684700 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Childress unlikely to be back but it's not because he doesn’t want to be nor because Joey doesn’t want him

Reply #684702 | Report this post

Shano76  
Years ago

Dome rat, is it a matter of $? Would have loved to see Chill back.

Reply #684710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mcveigh to replace drimc?

Reply #684711 | Report this post

Dome Rat  
Years ago

Drmic has signed

Childress may not be able to play in the NBL next season, nothing bad, no ill will just could be a rule that catches everyone out. Everyone will be happy with the replacement if it comes off though.

Reply #684714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dome Rat can you elaborate

Reply #684720 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

So as we know it & based on rumours, the 36ers team is looking like this;

C - DJ / Froling
PF - Import / Deng
SF - Creek(?) / Drmic / Mcveigh
SG - Sobey / Import (Moore)
PG - Import / Doyle

Teys to round out the roster. Potentially only Imports left to sign.

Reply #684722 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Get a top import point guard and Adelaide will be around the mark again next season

Reply #684727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As good a servant as Teys has been, isn't that spot and $ better off on a young development player ?

Reply #684731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Give his spot to Sam Johns

Reply #684734 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

I like the look of that line up Tornado

Im very glad Joey recruits out side of the existing NBL player pool and grabs guys from college who seem to be high upside prospects and usually on 2 or 3 deals too

I much prefer this approach then spending too much on average, experienced locals like Cadee or continuing with just solid players like Hodgson, TeRangi types.

Teys may be worth keeping, as he is best mates with Brock Motum and may help recruit him if they are still in talks as Boty has mentioned. If Teys being on the roster helps us get Brock he has done his job on that alone imo.

Well done to Joey and the sixers

As long as we get our imports right we should be a playoff team again

Reply #684735 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Captain Jack, I am presuming Chill's replacement will likely be Motum, so team would potentially look like;

C - DJ / Froling
PF - Motum / Deng
SF - Creek(?) / Drmic / Mcveigh
SG - Sobey / Import (Moore)
PG - Import / Doyle

Teys

Get the import PG right and that is a contender type team (assuming Creek plays).

Reply #684739 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Yea, Im thinking the same re Motum, and actually believe he is an upgrade on Childress anyway.

Also it leaves us an import spot open if Creek does head over seas which is handy

But doesnt short change us of elite ALL NBLish talent with Creek, Motum, Johnson all fitting that bill with guys like Sobey, Moore, hopefully a good import PG being some of the best of the next level down.

As you said, get the import PG right, hopefully Shorter or someone better and we are contenders.

Im also super excited of the prospects of McVeigh and Froling, along with Tom Wilson from the Kings, they will be the early rookie of the year contenders. Someone like Landale can still come back and trump them all tho too.

Exciting times for the 36ers!

Reply #684745 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

I want to know what the nature of this rule is that keeps Chilly out. are they dropping imports back down? no imports over a certain age?

Reply #684748 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Captain Jack...to take the next step I think the 36ers will need a PG better than Shorter.

Reply #684750 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Don't totally disagree, but still thought he was a good solid player, wouldnt be too unhappy if he returned, especially given we are unlikely to be able to afford a Cotton type.

Ultimately it comes don to $$$ really, if we can an afford an elite import PG, go grab one and not worry about Shorter.

If we can't and its a choice between Shorter or taking a punt on someone with only equivalent or lesser over seas experience and performances, I could go both ways, the risk of someone else could pay off, but may not too, so in that instance wouldnt mind bringing Shorter back.

The bird in the hand is often bette than 2 in the bush as the old saying goes.

Given the sixers are not a big $$ team compared to Melbourne and Perth and Sydney, we are likely going to have to settle for non MVP type imports especially if we have Creek, Motum, Johnson on the roster, and what may help put us to the top is some of our young guys like Deng, McVeigh, Froling out playing expectations and their contracts on top of strong ALL NBL level seasons form Creek, Motum, Johnson (Creek and Johnson made the all NBL teams last season, and Motum is arguably a better player than them, so we should have 3 of that level without imports, which is rare and impressive for the NBL)

Reply #684754 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3911893/jack-mcveigh

Reply #684763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Given the sixers are not a big $$ team compared to Melbourne and Perth and Sydney"

Says Who?

Adelaide spent a reasonable amount locking in their core, then new owner came and dropped some serious coin on imports.

Reply #684764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide fans, be real, you aint getting Motum!

Reply #684766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolutely give Teys spot to Sam Johns, his Premier League numbers are better /s

Reply #684767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Froling has a lot to prove wherever he signs.
Quitting two teams so far shows a lot about his character.
If he doesn't get in shape and show some conviction during his next gig, he will be playing in one of the state leagues and have wasted his promising career

Reply #684783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joey does have pretty good history of scouting/developing young local talent... if only he was as good at scouting imports...

Reply #684788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide fans think Childress played for nothing, he was on Cotton like money, he's a very shrewd operator.

Reply #684791 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon..I think most Adelaide fans are aware of the price tag Chill comes with.

Reply #684802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About the same one Randle came with

Reply #684840 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754