Is it?

Reply #685053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, I have seen this Jason.

Reply #685055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They usually visit a couple of times a year. Worth a thread though? Especially when you have no idea? Stick to the thread already on the Wildcats instead of starting new ones for every idea you have.

Reply #685058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Max Kay and Graeme Norton are appearing at the Civic Theatre for an evening of song and dance. One night only. Ladies, please bring a plate.

Reply #685059 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I heard United

Reply #685060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lachy Reid has great contacts and is usually spot on for these things. 2 really good solid signings for the Cats.

Reply #685065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why did the hawks make final ?

Reply #685067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo a common theme in this again.

Old core retired/too old of ex-Razorbacks/Spirit Martin & Knight. Developed under Bevo.

Now Kay & Norton - flourished under Bevo at Hawks.

History repeating itself. I wouldn't blame Bevo for feeling a bit sick.

Reply #685069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"History repeating itself."

No it isn't.

Reply #685071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://twitter.com/Lachy_Reid/status/987183201285124096

Reply #685074 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Wow, that's pretty massive!!! Hope it’s for real.

Reply #685076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would imagine the walker, hires, kennys of the world would be prime targets for Cairns and Illawara to supplement new blood.

Reply #685077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is why nbl needs trades

kay
Norton
ellis

for ever player Wildcats have signed

Reply #685079 | Report this post

JDS  
Years ago

Some big "anonymous" shit talkers here.

Reply #685080 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Kay and Norton added would be huge, Froling as backup centre too?

sounds like a much needed revitalization at the cats with enough new pieces for the next generation core

also sounds like half of the Boomers CG team.....

Martin
Norton
Wagstaff
Brandt
Walker
Kay

although let's wait for official announcements, but Kay is a must sign or Cats need an import 4 as they were too lightweight when Knight departed.

Reply #685082 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Kay, Norton, Brandt, Steindel, Wagstaff, Martin .....add 3 imports to that.

Fantastic if true.

Reply #685084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad does this make Lemanis' moves. hahahaa

Reply #685085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How bad does this make Lemanis' moves look*

Reply #685086 | Report this post

JDS  
Years ago

Lauchie Read is rarely wrong about stuff like this.

Reply #685087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No it isn't."

Yes, it is. #Bevo

Reply #685088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Kay, Norton, Brandt, Steindel, Wagstaff, Martin .....add 3 imports to that."

And Vague...

Reply #685089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh yes let's not forget Vague!

Reply #685090 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Kay official....members first email received :)

Reply #685097 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

3 year deal

Reply #685098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn, missed out on Cadee.

Reply #685099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great singing.

Also really good to see the number of 3 year deals handed out so far in free agency.

Reply #685100 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

http://www.wildcats.com.au/news/article/36803-perth-wildcats-s%20-boomer-nick-kay

Reply #685105 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Locals signed,
Martin
Steindl
Wagstaff
Brandt
Kay
Vague.

Norton and L Walker 2 possibilities for final 2 local spots.

Reply #685108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis and Norton Monday or Tueday

Reply #685109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty nice looking line up if Norton and Jervis sign. Would allow an import off the bench, someone who can play a couple of positions.

Brandt/Jervis
Kay/Wagstaff/Vague
Import/Import?
Import/Steindl
Norton/Martin

Reply #685111 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Run with 2 imports?

Brandt/Jervis
Kay/Wagstaff/Vague
Import/Walker
Import/Steindl
Martin/Norton

Reply #685112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 imports? depends whether they just want to make it to the playoffs or make it to the grand finals

Reply #685116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by the way Steindl is not a 2 guard!

Reply #685118 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

If its 3 imports and Jervis is signed I hope Walker gets picked up elsewhere he would still be handy for some team.

Reply #685119 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Can't have Jervis, Norton, and Naar.

No room for Imports.

Reply #685121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think (hope) they go with the 3 imports. A 3rd import who can play a couple of positions and be a bit of a go to guy off the bench with the 2nd unit would be huge. Impact players coming off the bench is something they really lacked this year.

I don't reckon Perth will be stingy with their imports this season, they'll be looking to make up for what was a disappointing year and go with the best lineup they can.

Reply #685122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis you would think would get starting minutes at Cairns or Illawara. Not sure if best move for him.

Reply #685123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Norton and Jervis signing next week i cant see the need for Naar and this spells the end for Hire, Walker and Kenny.

Reply #685124 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Brandt/Jervis
Kay/Wagstaff/Vague
Import/Steindl
Import/Import
Martin/Norton

Walker to Hawks or Taipans?
Hire retires & assistant #3 role
DKD to Hawks or Taipans or retires

Reply #685125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would love to see a Raymone Moore type off player off the bench with 2 starting imports kind of like Cotton/Prather.

Not saying these actual guys, just new imports who have a similar game/style.

Reply #685130 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Naar was only a rumour anyway.
They won't have both Naar and Norton.
I like the possibility of Jervis coming back and gives Perth more flexibility with imports

Reply #685131 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

That's huge for the Hawks, they now have to depend on the corpse that's been running around in the Ogilvy Jersey.

Reply #685133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope for league sake that both cairns and illawara can scrape together a competitive team

Reply #685134 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems unlikely sadly

Reply #685137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any obvious suitable replacements?

Reply #685138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Any obvious suitable replacements?"

Looking like a line up of..

PG: Kenny
SG: DKD
SF: Hire
PF: Walker
C: Ogilvy

...for the Hawks at this rate

Reply #685139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress is in the mix

Reply #685140 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt/Jervis
Kay/Wagstaff
Childress?/Stiendl
Cotton?/?
Damo/Norton

Reply #685141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brandt/Jervis
Kay/Wagstaff
Childress?/Stiendl
Cotton?/?
Damo/Norton

Reply #685142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow, Young, Andersen, Barlow, Loe DKD, Hire, Walker, Teys?, Garlepp, Singh and Thoseby are some of the names still available to sign and that's not including Cairns and Illawarra's own free agents.
Plenty of players left for them to sign.
Speaking of raiding the Hawks I wouldn't mind Rotnei Clarke as back up for Perth

Reply #685146 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Surely Childress is not an option for perth. The wagstaff hit and the fact he is just always injured. Lasted all season until playoffs.... last season

Reply #685147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard nothing about Josh. I knew about the Norton and Jervis signings being impending for next but heard nothing about Childress

Reply #685150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire is going to play in the SBL and concentrate on his counselling career so he is going to retire

Reply #685151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress won't be back for Adelaide.

Reply #685157 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

It's a shame we have Wagstaff as all the rest of this potential line up I've loved at other clubs (Steindl included of whom is a SF and why he's made out to be a SG when he doesn't have to foot work suggests they think he is too weak against Creek/Prather types).

If we get Norton then I hope we get the aggressively penetrating Townsville version than the one more in his shell as a Hawk and Boomer.

Good luck to Trev, Kay hasn't had many plays ran for him during his career so hopefully he can be a solid 15ppg type which would be all NBL first/second team type which would make him a massive pickup for the Wildcats.

As for having Brandt/Jervis/Kay all able to play the 5 it gives plenty of options to throw at Bogut, Bairstow or a rejuvenated Ogilvy of whom will need to do basically everything for a skin and bones Hawks this season.

Also keeping in mind with a second Victorian team coming next season, good players should be signing longer contracts

Reply #685168 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

Funny how we have gone from "ohh they're doing nothing"
to a couple of major signings within days.

Reply #685181 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

"I would imagine the walker, hires, kennys of the world would be prime targets for Cairns and Illawara to supplement new blood."
Be interesting to see if these other signings come off.
Kenny is still in good touch and could pick up a backup role. Jow are tje Breakers fixed for a backup PG?
Walker has a season or two still to give, should definitely get a crack at Hawks or Snakes.

Hire I can see just sticking around as a TP/ injury replacement

Reply #685185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Hire retires & assistant #3 role"

I don't get it. Every time a poster says Hire will retire they add that he should get a front office or coaching role. Why?

Reply #685222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re: Hawks and Taipans - strangely it's worked out for them that Ogilvy and Jawai had a year left. The potential of these two finding form again trumps anything else out there they can afford.

Reply #685223 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

If Jervis is confirmed that's great for Perth they can concentrate on finding the right imports for the team.
Probably a starting 2 and 3.
Need a scoring 2/3 for the bench.

Reply #685256 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What really annoys you is that yes Bevo develops them and makes them into players and then the likes of Melbourne and Perth just throw unlimited money around and the less wealthier clubs like Hawks and Cairns who do not get compensated as was suppose to happen with Cap money coming there way have to let these players go because they cannot compete with the dollar.

Reply #685268 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Bevo did not develop Kay or Norton. They were capable players before they went to Hawks. Yes he contributed to their development but it's a bit of a stretch to imply Bevo is the reason they are the players they are today.

Reply #685270 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

True,SD also had a lot to do with their development so between the two them they have developed there games and then the big clubs just come along and buy them.

Reply #685282 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I wonder how much the uncertainty of the smaller clubs being in the NBL much longer comes into play. In particular Kay and Norton were both part of the Crocs when they went bust.

Reply #685286 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Cairns & Illawarra have never been big players in the FA market, why do folks suddenly expect them to go toe to toe with the metro clubs? They've always endured having players 'poached' every season.

I suspect it will be business as usual with their recruitment process: select the best fit talents left over & overlooked by others. Plenty of NBL calibre players out there who will miss out with our 8 teams league.

Reply #685290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I could see likes of DKD, Adnam (if not on contract) and similar being able to develop more on their roster. Then 2-3 years later potentially get a bigger contract somewhere else.

Cairns and Illawara give good opportunity for fresher talent to build a name and brand.

Reply #685292 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good opportunity to finish 7th and 8th on the ladder too, which is not ideal for either of those two regional franchises in particular.

Reply #685298 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Cairns and Illawarra have a habit of making more of their squad than other well funded clubs.

Reply #685301 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Both Illawarra and Cairns have made grand finals in last 4 seasons over more resourced and favoured rivals.

Reply #685305 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754