Anonymous
Years ago

Early movers: BNE vs. PER - compare and contrast

Let's compare and contrast the early movers in the free agent market - Brisbane and Perth.

Bullets:

Cadee
Gliddon
Hodgson
Vukona

Wildcats:

Kay
Norton
Vague
Ellis (rumoured)

I won't make a judgement on this post but will further down along with yours.

Who has been the clear winner from the two early movers?

Topic #43156 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Where is the Ellis rumour coming from?

Reply #685091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For me the Bullets are just continuing being a "place holder" team and signing up free agents who no one else would be interested in just to keep them in a gig. To me 3/4 signings IF on decent money are them just taking the piss or Lemanis/Clarke having no idea.

Bullets:

Cadee - Really? the guy is a chucker who plays no D.
Gliddon - best of the lot but question marks over him.
Hodgson - The ultimate big man gumby of the NBL.
Vukona - too old and worn out. Over the hill.

Wildcats:

Kay - becoming the local premier big guy in the league.
Norton - guard of the future.
Vague - 11th man probably but scored 33pts in SEABL so seems to be progresing along?
Ellis (rumoured) - not a bad bench component

Clear winners are the 'Cats and make the Bullets moves so far ridiculous IMO.

Reply #685092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone wrote Ellis but it may be BS. Maybe ignore that part then.

Reply #685093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Bullets:

Cadee - Really? the guy is a chucker who plays no D.
Gliddon - best of the lot but question marks over him.
Hodgson - The ultimate big man gumby of the NBL.
Vukona - too old and worn out. Over the hill.

Wildcats:

Kay - becoming the local premier big guy in the league.
Norton - guard of the future.
Vague - 11th man probably but scored 33pts in SEABL so seems to be progresing along?
Ellis (rumoured) - not a bad bench component"

I'm a Cats fan but this is the most biased analysis you could ever read!

Reply #685094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To much bad blood between the two sides. Cat see Cody coming back to Perth.

Reply #685095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I'm a Cats fan but this is the most biased analysis you could ever read!"

Wow, thanks for your CONTRIBUTION.

Reply #685096 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

damian heuir was putting up 27 pts per game in the qbl or thereabouts. 33pts in seabl means nothing.

wildcats are putting together a roster that's 3 reasonable imports away from being a playoff team again.

Bullets are throwing shit at a wall and hoping it sticks once the imports are in the mix.

Reply #685171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice summary, CT.

Reply #685216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Replace Ellis with Jervis for the Cats. Wow, Bullets look awful and rather random.

Reply #685225 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Yep dont rate what Brisbane have done so far at all

Gliddon the only worthwhile signing they have made

Getting Bairstow back if healthy will be good 2

If they dont build around those 2 plus 3 good imports, and do stupid things like start Cadee, they will struggle again

Perth have been spot on, hopefully this will stop the Perth fans complaining about lack of signings

What would you rather be patient and get Kay or rush out and sign Cadee, Hodgson, Vukona??

Reply #685233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It really is night and day between what these two clubs have done. What a contrast.

Reply #685240 | Report this post

Henry Snow  
Years ago

This has to be the most pro-Perth post I've ever read, and it has some pretty good competition.

Perhaps you’ve forgotten how you lot were all frothing at the gash at the prospect of signing Gliddon just a couple of weeks back.

Vukona’s a better version of the Redhage you guys had for his last couple of seasons... who you all loved.

This is why nobody likes you...

Reply #685244 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Why are the Bullets random?

I see a distinct combination of deadeye shooting and physicality/toughness in those four guys

Reply #685248 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Vukona is an upgrade on the tough guy leader Petrie, Gliddon is an upgrade on Holt, Cadee is an upgrade on Shaun Bruce and probably Adam Gibson

Reply #685249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vukona a better redhage... Lol can I have some of what you're smoking

Reply #685254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he was saying that Vukona is currently better (contributing more) than Redhage was in his final year or two, which is fair. But Perth won two titles in Redhage's final two seasons so things worked out ok.

Reply #685255 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

As long as Cadee only plays the same role as Shaun Bruce, then yes its an upgrade.

If the talk of him starting is true, then its a big downgrade form Travis Trice

Time will tell as to how they use Cadee

Reply #685258 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Vukona brings a ton of leadership to Brisbane and will improve their culture.

Reply #685260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years is a long time

Reply #685265 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Redhage was far superior offensively to vukona even in his final two years, both bring alot to a team. But vukona is really getting up there and going to a new team...

Reply #685274 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Manu

So does Cadee bring "deadeye shooting"? He's too streaky to be called a “deadeye” unless you mean he’s blind to his own shooting form at the time (ie he keeps jacking up 3s whether he’s hot or not).

Vukona brings some toughness/ physicality, but Hodgson just brings dumb fouls and butter fingers.

Does Cadee bring toughness because, you know, that 1 time he was so tough he took out a car with pure physicality and survived.

Reply #685275 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, 43.3 per cent from 4.8 attempts per game last season. You ain't happy with that?

Shooting comes from the guards and toughness from the bigs

Reply #685277 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Gliddon was 43.2 per cent from 6.5 attempts

Reply #685278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

43% is an excellent 3P% for a volume shooter. anyone trying to dispute that is clueless or a troll. that's a better percentage than Forman, Kickert, Lisch, Penney

Reply #685279 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

To see the problem with Cadee you need to look at game logs rather than final %s. He has a crazy shooting night and usually follows it up with a handful of duds. That's fine if he's first guard off the bench, but given how little he gives you down the other end of the court it's a problem if he's your starting guard. He finished last season strong though, I'll give him that - the Lisch/Randle/Cadee 3 guard lineup was surprisingly good.

Reply #685280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Guys stop picking on cadee he was in a car crash and should be on the boomers as starting 1 over Simmons, mills, Delly and exum

Reply #685281 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

the Lisch/Randle/Cadee 3 guard lineup was surprisingly good.

It was good except for when they ran into United & 36ers backcourts, whom unsurprisingly were GF teams. They were exposed as being undersized.

I think Lemanis wouldn't be too concerned with Cadee's & Gliddon's deficiencies. His system is very good at mitigating it, he's somewhat addressed his needs at the offensive end though.

Reply #685287 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I hope Hodgson surprises a few of you next season and wins MIP. He is better than what we saw for most of last season and I suspect Brisbane will be a better fit.

Reply #685364 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

OK, well...

Brissy got Cadee and Gliddon, we got Norton. I'd score that as a win to Brissy. But that said, how many local guards does Lemanis want crowding his bench?

Brissy got Hodgson and Vukona, we got Kay. Massive win for Perth.

Reply #685368 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Despite the streaky shooting, he's the kind of guy perfect for the bench spark plug role.

God help Brisbane if Cadee starts. The league has gone past that talent-wise

Reply #685517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think the Brisbane signings are decent but Kay and Norton are a great core to build around. That movement will set Perth up for years and leave the Hawks in a serious hole.

Reply #685646 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754