Melbourne Boy
Years ago

Kilsyth 101 - 46 Melbourne

If this keeps up will Tigers be allowed to stay in SEABL next season? Score in the 3rd quarter was 32-2!

I know the club has a proud history but this is not a good look for a National comp, even in Big V they were getting blown out, they're not even close to a SEABL team, or should we say a SEABL budget.

Topic #43174 | Report this topic

Ironic  
Years ago

Think the irony is that Pineau and Von Hofe were long-time Melbourne juniors, and MacDonald played the last bit of his juniors there. And all three now play at Kilsyth.
Whilst I am certainly not a fan of either the Melbourne Tigers, or the idea of club-based SEABL sides having a huge budget spent on players from other programs, at least the Tigers (both women and men) seem to mostly play their own juniors.

Reply #685416 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Doesn't look good for the Kings' latest golden child either. Wilson looked real ordinary, pretty terrible on the defensive end & Acuoth still looked very raw. I'm tempted to make some sarcastic remarks about the negative influence of being associated with a train wreck NBL program but then Pineau and Daly are on the other team.

Reply #685422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kilsyth cashing in on Melbourne Tigers Junior programme.
$$ can buy SEABL championships.
Can't see anyone but Kilsyth & MG playing off for the title.

Reply #685423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why did they enter SEABL without the budget to do so? Should have stayed BigV

Reply #685431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like their womens' program is OK though

Reply #685432 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Pretty sure Tigers had some Asian sponsorship planned as a springboard back to the NBL, that was part of having some Chinese players the first year in SEABL, don't think they're around now. Funding now comes from juniors, hence why there's "Melbourne Tigers 9" teams running around in VJBL.

Reply #685451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I see the kings latest Melbourne tigers recruit shot at 20%, had 7 turnovers and was -46 , will fit right in, jacks it up don't play d and likes to give it to the other side.

This was posted in seabl for you SteveK-2, oh the kings.

Reply #685488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I noticed his agent tweeted on the 28th June last year that he was headed to the 2018 NBA draft. Will be interesting to see how much attention he gets from the agent now.

Reply #685493 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kilsyth certainly seem to have endless cash, pity no one goes to the games

Reply #685522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick A needs to be fired. Pinau and Von Hofe went to Kilsyth on less money than Melbouune offered and Nick flat out lied to Sean last year about what they were doing. It is a mess, and it all starts and ends with Nick. They couldn't win in BigV and are so much worse now, financially and otherwise.

Reply #685526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would seem that Melbourne Tigers were totally outclassed. The result was not unexpected. Kilsyth had 4 players that played in the NBL this past season. Melbourne Tigers had none.

As a team, the Tigers probably shouldn't be in SEABL. Same could be said for their past 2 seasons.

However your comment that "Pineau & von Hofe went to Kilsyth on less money than Melbourne offered" doesn't seem to make sense. They've chosen to play at Kilsyth for less money, than play at their junior club for more money???? I guess they must really hate Nick A? However, I don't think this is the case.

Also, I have spoken to a father of one of the above players & he informs me that his son is earning $20k for playing at Kilsyth.

I believe $20k is Melbourne Tigers whole budget.

Whereas I would imagine Kilsyth's budget would be approaching if not exceeding $100k (Patton, Pineau, von Hofe, Daly, Odigie, etc).

Reply #685547 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Melbourne should never have been admitted into SEABL particularly on the men's side of things.

Its a nothing club that feels disjointed with no crowds or interest from the juniors.

They had little to no success in the Big V on the men's side so who'd expect that to change by moving to SEABL.

Reply #685637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After Melbourne rolled Bendigo and are now 4 straight, where are the negative posts?

Reply #688904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

talk of the braves not all happy campers. Maybe the 3x3 comp the next day might have been the wrong focus for one player?
Tigers are indeed shithouse.

Reply #688915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 in a row now, after defeating yet another top 8 team! Haters maybe been on the end of a solid Tigers flogging or not selected in one of their teams??

Reply #689422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Amazing what they can do without Gaze as HC.

Reply #689429 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754