Reality
Years ago

Thon Maker

Great to see Thon Maker turning back the clock and having an awesome playoff game today

Topic #43180 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely, looked like his 2014 form when he was 26 and heading into his prime

Reply #685685 | Report this post

Craig  
Years ago

2 rebounds in 30 minutes isnt exactly good... but back to back games with 5 blocks is awesome.

Reply #685693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahahahahahahha its because we dont know how old he is!

Reply #685696 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Is the dud that people thinks shouldn't make the Australian team?

Reply #685764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon should be drafted in the boomers squad As soon as possible

Reply #685768 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm confident he will make the Boomers team ahead of DJ.
Still has to get past Hodgson first though.

Reply #685772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One good game a season doesn't deserve a boomers spot, everyone gets lucky.

Reply #685795 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

I really don't get people.

The NBA is the best basketball in the league. People rather players from the NBL or Europe.

Maker is playing for a playoff team in the best league in the world.

It's a no brainer to have Maker in the Boomers.

Reply #685802 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Exactly Todd.

What is the minimum requirement for some anon's fantastic Boomers team? Is playing in the rotation for most of the year on an NBA team enough? Is becoming a big part of an NBA playoff team's series chances enough?

Last 2 playoff games for Thon.

24 mins 14pts 5reb 1stl 5blks
30 mins 8pts 2reb 1ast 5blks

I suppose these NBA teams are willing to pay millions to a player hoping they get lucky.

On a lighter note great to see Baynes and Maker going at it today. Hopefully they are still talking and can play on the same team (Boomers) when required.

Reply #685807 | Report this post

D2  
Years ago

What are the rules?
Wouldn't Maker count as our only allowed Naturalised player?

Reply #685848 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Regardless of what anons are saying, the be all and end all is that Thon should be in the training squad for Wold Cup/Olympics and if Andrej doesn't think he can use him in his squad then he doesn't take him but Thon should be seen.

We should all be delighted with how Thon is playing and hopefully he improves as he is a far more talented player than Henson (is it) and should be starting.

Agree that Maker needs to crash the boards more and great to see him hitting some 3s in game 3

Reply #685865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" I'm confident he will make the Boomers team ahead of DJ.
Still has to get past Hodgson first though. "

what a dumbass comment.
I guess Hodgson, Newley, Creek would make the boomers team ahead of simmons if you are the seletor. LOL

Reply #685879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Four good games in 2 years.. what a scrub I prefer humphries over him!!

Reply #685880 | Report this post

Reality Is  
Years ago

Would he be the Boomers oldest representative if he got selected for the olympics?

Reply #685897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The NBA is the best league in the world, BUT there are a lot of guys playing in Europe who are better than the guys filling out rosters in the NBA. The min/max nature of NBA contracts means guys will probably need to sacrifice $$$ for a minimum contract shot with no guarantees of sticking, less than they are earning in Europe. Any Americans with any sense are also over in Europe earning a living instead of playing for peanuts in the G League (this may change with the increased G League salaries) and waiting for their shot, so the call ups throughout the season are not going to be the best Americans available outside the NBA either.

Thon has had a couple of good games, but he shouldn't be a lock just because he is in the NBA. If not for these past 2 games his positives this year have been few and far between... With his game and build I'm not even sure how effective he'd be in the international game to be honest. He's definitely invited to camp, but he needs to earn it from there.

Reply #685899 | Report this post

Tribe  
Years ago

Lol, Thon would not be a 'naturalized' player. He's a genuine Aussie who was born in Sudan.

Using that logic, Baynes and CJ Bruton would be also be naturalized players since they were born in NZ and USA.

As far as i know Kevin Lisch is the only naturalized player who has very recently played for the Boomers.

Reply #685902 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Don't forget that Baynes didn't put up much in the way of stats even in years he played well for the Boomers. His best points average was 6.6 ppg, rebounds was 4.7 rpg.

At least give Thon the chance.

Reply #685960 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

@hoopie Baynes is clearly our starting centre based on his form and NBA play.

thon will certainly be in the squad and you'd think would make the 12 depending on squad balance as who else plays forward?

Only issue for Thon will be his shooting as the 3pg% is vital in international play.

Reply #685968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon's ability to switch and guard multiple positions, weak side help defense as shot blocker, length as a rim protector, speed. as a rim runner, and 3 pointer from the corners will earn him an opportunity to trial. His grit will get him a spot. You put a Thon Maker with a Delly or Mills, Simmons, Ingles, and Baynes, you will get toughness, iq, speed, power....
Playoff basketball is where you earn your stripes and Thon has been really great in effecting winning which is the key to success.

Reply #686034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thon maker was the biggest factor why the bucks came from 0:2 and now levelled the series against the celtics.

Those who said Thon does not deserve a spot in the boomers are idiots who don't know anything about basketball.

Why there are so many Thon Haters I just dont understand. Some of these comments were just ridiculous
~ He is going to be a bust
~ He is going to be undrated
~ He is not good enough for boomers.

He had only a few good games this year for the bucks? Is it the same for Delly, Baynes and mills? I did not see you guys complain about them.

He is more than good enough and should play for the boomers.

Reply #686097 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He is playing in the NBA....he does not need to prove himself and he should be an automatic inclusion into the Boomers.

Reply #686098 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those who said Thon should not be in the boomers squad are either racists or white supremacists

Reply #686099 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" Four good games in 2 years.. what a scrub I prefer humphries over him!!"

what a moron.
How many good games did
Baynes, mills, delly, Exum have in the past 2
years?

Reply #686101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Those who said Thon should not be in the boomers squad are either racists or white supremacists"

Using your logic then all who he said he should be in the Boomers are black supremacists.

Reply #686110 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

If you think Humphries is better than Maker you should be BANNED from attending basketball games

Reply #686119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5pts 3rbds in 17min on 41% FG.. yuck

Reply #686139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 pts 3rbds in 17 minutes is roughly what baynes, mills, exum, ingles, delly get on a nightly basis in the nba and I did not see you complain about these guys. The double standard is unbelievable.

Reply #686143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" 5pts 3rbds in 17min on 41% FG.. yuck "

Well, delly's stat is even yuckier this season ~ 4.3pts 3.8ass in 19 min on 36%FG ...………

Maybe delly should not be in the boomers squad as well, you hypocrite.

Reply #686144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754