Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks to announce a signing?

Hawks owner Simon straford say someone has resigned for 2 more years my guess is Rotnei clarke

Topic #43183 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

My guess is Kevin White.

Reply #685750 | Report this post

FML  
Years ago

You'd better be wrong about it being Kevin White

Reply #685763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm thinking Kev...
Assuming Coenraad WILL be resigned.
And I can't see anyone else stealing the Rot, so I think we'll get him back too.

I'm crossing my fingers for Naar too!

Reply #685789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is the hawks new owner a mate of Kestleman?

Reply #685836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lackey, yes

Reply #685849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes that's the point. With another lackey in Adelaide too that makes 4 teams that Kestleman has his thumb on.
I wonder how much longer this will continue.

Reply #685891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um, the previous Hawks owners was an LK "lackey" too. Its not like you guys have discovered something ground-breaking here.

Reply #685892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No but now LK wants a 2nd team in Melbourne. That's the difference.

Reply #685895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably because it makes more sense to have a second Melbourne team than it does to have a team that doesn't sell out a tin shed in a country town.

Reply #685898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Um, the previous Hawks owners was an LK "lackey" too. Its not like you guys have discovered something ground-breaking here."

No sh*t. Thanks Capital Obvious.

Reply #685949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Thanks Capital Obvious."

twit

Reply #685950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anymore "breaking" news you have for us? LOL

Reply #685957 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Anon must be the guy behind the Collingwood banner.

Reply #685986 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I'd rather be behind a Collingwood banner than running through it.

Reply #686025 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hmmm.

Reply #686845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on isaac, tell us!

Reply #686861 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm saying "Hmmm" because there's still nothing announced. Nothing new on the Illawarra Mercury site. No follow up to that hint from the owner.

Even if there are no signings to announce, you push quotes out by the coach talking about the sorts of targets they have, etc.

Reply #686866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point.

BTW with the new website design clicking links for entries on the right-hand side don't work.

Reply #686886 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks. Try now.

Reply #686911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It works now. Thanks. More updates to follow or just a cosmetic one for now?

Reply #686917 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Looks good the place probably needed a fresh coat of paint. I like how anon's names are shadowed almost into obscurity compared to those with names which is quite just with how tedious the trolling from anons has been of late.

Reply #686924 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

LK Lackey? Does that mean they actually have money to pay players?

Reply #686926 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

I wonder if they are applying for assistance to meet the Salary Floor. If so, this would be the first instance where a poorer club will receive money from the fund. I imagine the fund isn't holding as much money as folks would think and there must be some sort of penalty if a club repeatedly access this fund.

Perhaps the idea of the license in danger of being transferred in the future isn't too far fetched after all.

Reply #686931 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Leoliger backs the Hawks' new ownership model.

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5349843/loeliger-backs-hawks-new-ownership-model/?cs=2336

Is there a new ownership model? Looks like there is a new ownership but the damn model is private ownership still.

"We don't just give consent willynilly, we do the analysis of the business and make sure the club is going to be viable after the proposed change.

“We made a concerted decision they were the right people for the job. If we thought they weren’t, they wouldn’t be participating in the 18-19 season.

“We’re moving together on the assumption that the Illawarra Hawks are going to be around for the long-term."

It looks like JL is loving what the Hawks are doing and fully endorses them. So the Hawks are just fine.....I think.

Reply #686935 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:21 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754