Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Power Rankings

1. Southern Tigers (last week: 1)
You guessed it - they were lucky again! No Ivory Young for the Panthers but the Tigers still handled them quite easily. For the record, I do think the Tigers are a good team, but just have had an easy trott - even against good teams they've been fortunate to play them less than full strength. Still, they're a reasonable side and I look forward to seeing them match up against Norwood Saturday.

2. Norwood Flames (3)
Got on top of North last round and managed to keep Starling in check. Kennedy finally got rolling and showed his worth off the bench. Could be the deepest squad in the league.

3. West Adelaide (4)
Regrouped nicely after the scare against Mavs. Seem to be rolling along and will resume favourtism once West resumes playing.

4. North Adelaide (2)
Fell short against Norwood and fighting to get consistent contributions from more than Starling. Still a dangerous team who can beat anyone.

5. Forestville (5)
Rolling now despite DJ not suiting yesterday. Might be back on the weekend? Who knows. Either way Doyle and Teys are enough to keep them in check.

6. South (6)
Hard to move them down after playing 74 of the last 80 minutes with just one import available. Will need a good showing vs Forestville to stay here.

7. Centrals (8)
Move up a spot after pushing Forestville for a half. Another team who needs everyone on board to be competitive.

8. Woodville (7)
Would be disappointed not to have pushed West a little harder. Need both imports firing to compete with the finals bound teams.

9. Eastern (9)
Proved me right last week with a hard fought win over Sturt. Rios with another 38, can't be ruled out for MVP and I maintain the lack of Aussie talent is all that's holding these guys back. Their imports are legit.

10. Sturt (10)
Seems like they sent Garth packing and still fell short against the hapless Mavs. While Garth we no doubt a poor import perhaps they need to look internally to find the root of their problems!

Anyone have any nominations or selections for POTW?

Topic #43216 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know where to find the actual ladder? Looked on the website but had no luck.

Reply #686504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The hate for tigers is so real. Sad really.
You're basically saying every team they’ve played is either under manned every time they play them or that their opposition is trash.

However

In the same breath you commend mavs - with an mvp import - Tigers beat them by 46

And you say how amazing starling is - no one could argue that. Tigers played a full strength North and punished them - with your beloved starling by 34

It seems the only thing that’ll appease you is if the tigers played a full strength uninjured full strength team week in week out.

Unfortunately this is real life and if players don’t play for whatever reason, that’s life!

You can only be "lucky" in a game of basketball if the game is close. There smallest winning margin is 20 points!

The only teams they haven’t played are West, Norwood and Forestville and I’d argue they’ve been “lucky” they haven’t had to play them yet.

Reply #686506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope you beat Norwood Saturday then

Reply #686507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even if they do they'll be lucky.
Or if the lose It’s because they’re not a good team.
You seem like the kind of person who looks at Lebrons game winner today and would say something like "he should have passed it"

Reply #686509 | Report this post

Ariel 92  
Years ago

Southern are by far the best team in the league right now. I believe they are every bit as good as their 2016 Championship team. Calling them lucky is nonsense, and this is coming from a non-Tiger.

I would take Norwood and West tied for second with North slightly behind them both. Bearcats only loss has come without three of their main eight whilst Norwood were without McGriff in their only loss to West. The Flames will be tested in the next few weeks which will be interesting.

North's two losses were at the hands of two full strength top sides - fourth seems fair.

Forestville will be fifth without DJ or join Southern in the top tier if he suits.

Six games in and the top five is already set. South to finish 6th with the remaining four teams all a chance for the wooden spoon depending on injuries and college leavers / returnees.

Reply #686513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that's me, how did you guess. Got me in one.

Reply #686514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any word on Sturt getting a new import?

Reply #686516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big call saying they could match up with the 2016 team how would the match ups look?

Reply #686519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually like these write-ups, everyone can have an opinion. Southern are deserved favourites and would still be probably undefeated but coincidentally have played some teams with a key player out. Could it have changed the results, probably not but we'll never know.
Funniest comment is Eastern's lack of Aussie talent holding them back, ummm, it is an Australian league so of course if nearly whole team is shit of course you're gonna struggle. And once again, Wise may score some points but does sweet FA everywhere else. So if Rios can get them some wins, MVP for sure.

Reply #686522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North were not at full strength. Two previous starters to return in 2nd half of year will be a huge boost!

Reply #686550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two starters barely at the calibre to make up a 34 point deficit. Only way I can see north being competitive come finals is if Reed lays off the party pies and gets in the gym. Still out of shape after three months and people are kidding themselves if they think that'll change anytime soon.

Reply #686573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who were Norwood missing on Saturday?

Reply #686808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did the battle of the alleged best two import combinations play out at Mt Barker.

Wise 8 points (3-12) 2 reb 1 assist 1 t/over
Rios 22 points (9-27) 2 reb 2 assists 4 t/overs

Starling 19 points (9-15) 10 reb, 4 assists, 2 t/overs
Reed 17 points (6-11) 3 reb, 4 assists, 1 t/over

Not obvious!

Reply #686812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never bring facts or statistics to these threads. People don't like them.

North got lucky and Mavs will prove them wrong in the finals

Reply #686813 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754