CT
Years ago

Jarrod Kenny confirmed at Taipans

http://www.taipans.com/news/article/35989-cairns-confirm-kenny-signs-for-two-years

should surprise no one but a solid pick up nonetheless.

Topic #43217 | Report this topic

Andrew  
Years ago

Nice pickup. He was awesome for the Wildcats in the last 10 games or so.

Reply #686510 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

I understand why the Cata has to let him go, but I still see it as a big loss for them.

Reply #686511 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Love the signing, loving this team at the moment.

The Suits season finale however, disappointing.

Reply #686512 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I also understand why the cats let him go and yes he was a good player but Norton is easily an upgrade.

Reply #686517 | Report this post

PWC82  
Years ago

"Love the signing, loving this team at the moment."

Interesting. You've said on multiple occasions in the past that 'Kenny is trash', etc.

But as we suspected all along, it was just your jealousy and bitterness towards the 'Cats talking.

Now he's at Cairns you're opinion has changed. Funny that.

Reply #686529 | Report this post

PWC82  
Years ago

*your

Reply #686530 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

OP, Have the decency to at least spell his name right if you want to start a thread.

Reply #686531 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I'm a Wildcats member and I got no issue with Manu trashing my team, he's a member of the Taipans and I've always liked the squads they put together and he is helping keep them as competition.

I'm glad that he's loving his team at the moment, I feel the same about my Wildcats, I loved the Townsville side just before they died and now we have Steindl, Kay and Norton.

They have Walker and Kenny added to Loughton so the WA connection still sorta feels like it's there after Gliddon left and Wortho and Weigh retired.

I just hope that more members from other teams can be happy and excited by their respective teams... and the banter continues!

Reply #686532 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good signing IMO. Strong backup guard and credit to Taipans for getting on the front foot. Who knows what the Hawks are doing.

Reply #686539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks should have grabbed him ... that is a big miss

Reply #686566 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Sure thing Thunder Jom.

Oh, wait:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarrod_Kenny

Reply #686578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funder jam

Reply #686579 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Solid signing, an experienced player coming from a winning program.
I'll be supporting the Taipans with Kenney & Loe playing for them.

Reply #686589 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

JK is a really good backup to have in the league.

He got a bit of criticism when he had to start a bit last season (or play starter minutes) when Martin was out injured.

The criticism was unfair because he was being evaluated as a starter when he is a backup through and through. Distinct roles between the two - when he is a backup he can come in, run the offence, get guys organised and play good D (without having to shoulder scoring load as much).

Reply #686590 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

CT, you had "Jarrad" until I fixed the title.

Reply #686599 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I've always thought he was a good backup, but haven't liked how tentative he is.

I think he will realise that he needs to let his shots fly and play with confidence. He will probably have a career-best season

Reply #686603 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Agree Manu.

I also think Ili will have another 'breakout' season. I expect him to take it up another notch this year. He is a confidence player too.

Reply #686607 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Yup....if Mike Kelly can make Kenny take all open shots without hesitation he can be an effective weapon.

He has been on the receiving end of some crisp Jawai passes before so the both know each others' games.

Reply #686608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sure thing Thunder Jom.

Oh, wait:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jarrod_Kenny"

"Funder Jam"

You know full well that you mispelt his name, and Oscar had to fix it

Reply #686611 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Great signing.

Unlike some, I always appreciated having Kenny at the Wildcats, played a huge part in our championships.
He was literally the only viable backup guard, played good solid minutes, and stepped up when Martin was unavailable.

I also think this is a completely positive move for him. Regardless of what the Cats do with remaining slots, with their commitment to Norton, Kenny was always going to lose minutes.

I imagine Cairns will go for a young and/or cheap import for their starting PG?? But in Kenny they have a great mature backup, who can step in and start if things go wrong.

And nice to see him playing alongside Waxy again.

Will be interesting to see if he starts shooting more, because we know he can. Was perhaps a bit constrained runny plays designed for Damo??

Being from NZ he'll be accustomed to rain, and Perth Summers would have prepared him for heat, so he'll be perfectly comfortable in Cairns.

Reply #686613 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Spoiler Manu

Reply #686614 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ili and Ngatai will be super impressive this season

Reply #686615 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha man, just lower your expectations KET.

Half. Baked. Horrible.

Reply #686616 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Now that Fearne is gone and they have signed Walker and Kenny I probably won't dislike Cairns as much.

Reply #687638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some people are too easily offended by spelling mistakes.

Calm down.

Reply #689144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754