CT
Years ago

homicide back next year?

his twitter feed has had a few ambiguous goodbye messages the last few days? is he gone for good or just teasing?

Topic #43248 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Depends if he gets hired for new TV deal.

Reply #687248 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Please no...

Reply #687251 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

NBL has said they want him back, he says he wants to be back, he'll be back. He;s just leaving Australia to go home for a bit now that the season is over, hence the goodbye. It's a known fact he's trying for Aussie citizenship and he wouldn't be doing that if there wasn't a solid chance he has a job here.

Reply #687254 | Report this post

Russ  
Years ago

Well, Homicide isn"t the best or worst! Some of the announcers are very turnoffish. Sometimes Homicide makes sense and sometimes he is chringeworthy.

Reply #687255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has signed a 2 year deal

Reply #687256 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Homicide is easily the worst commentator in NBL history.

Reply #687257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He gets people talking basketball whether you agree with him or not, like him or not : he gets everyone involved.

I enjoy his banter calling out players, other commentators, basketball fans etc on just about any topic. Don't agree with all of it but he gets the crowd talking to grow the market.

Can’t beat that

Reply #687258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He gets peopled involved and creates good exposure for the league. Honestly i love him and i doubt he would give one F about what koberulz thinks about him.

Reply #687259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is the worth the reported $400k he is on?

Reply #687260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Totally agree with # 258
Been very good for the league re publicity.

Reply #687262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He gets current basketball fans talking...there is no evidence that he is doing anything to promote the league to others.

Reply #687265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Easily on 400k, that's the new NBL average according to many forum users

Reply #687268 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

He gets people talking basketball that are already talking basketball.

Reply #687277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope so.

Reply #687279 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

"He gets people talking basketball/involved"

What are you basing this on? Most of what I hear/read is about him specifically, not the NBL.

Reply #687285 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

He isn't my favourite commentator but he doesn't bother me in fact as the season went on I got more used to him

Reply #687296 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Worth every cent.

Reply #687298 | Report this post

woody  
Years ago

I cannot wait for Friday night Perth Games after work winding down the week listening to Corey and Redhage on the Mic together.

Reply #687347 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Going home to take care of grown man business!

In fairness if he were confined to Perth home games where he meshes well with Redhage with the added backdrop of the rivalry he has with all things Perth it would be great to see that continue.

It's when he commentates outside of Perth that he tries too hard and his shtick becomes annoying.

Reply #687361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

corey + redhage is one of the few examples of when 2 wrongs actually do make a right

Reply #687366 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Couldn't stand him early in the season, and complained a lot about him on here. Still do to an extent. But I have warmed to him towards the end of the season and thought his banter with Redhage ended up being highly entertaining. He has good chemistry with him, and doesn't mind a bit of harmless arguing for entertainment sake. He's not as good outside of Perth but he has grown on me.

Would love for him to tone down a lot of the crap he goes on about (eg the New York streetball talk, fantasy talk, his top 5, 'Im telling you' etc etc). But he has some value too and wouldnt be annoyed if he came back. He's definately not boring!

Reply #687401 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'd be fine with him if they kept him out of commentary (and didn't have the whole broadcast revolve around his Twitter account). Give him a YouTube show, let him go on Twitter, have him on at half time or on the weekly Fox show. Send him to various other panel shows like Bill & Boz, etc. Just keep him out of commentary.

Reply #687414 | Report this post

Reality Is  
Years ago

Let's hope he gone for good!

Reply #687527 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754