Matt
Years ago

NH - Melb Victory win 2018 A-league

Victory have won the A-League beating Newcastle Jets in a controversial match.. Victory are a very competitive team and combative, and Jets were unlucky tonight at home, the ref gave Victory the rub of the green, VRA dodgy goal offside for a start..

Topic #43266 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deng should be playing RB for the Socceroos.
Way better than Risdon atm.

Reply #687590 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

So Richmond are current AFL premiers, Melbourne Storm current NRL premiers, Victory current A-League champions and Melbourne United current NBL champions, I'm probably forgetting a few like AFLW but that sounds extremely difficult to not have Melbourne as title town.

Queensland has the netball champions (Sunshine Coast) and South Australia has the BBL champions.

Does WA or NSW have any national sporting teams as champions in their field?

Reply #687604 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I believe that Qld holds current lawn bowls and bog snorkeling championships.

Reply #687606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My friend just moved to Melbourne and told me every pub was packed for the game.

Was it the same for United Game 5?

Reply #687625 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

15 posts of back and forth abuse removed. Please play nice.

Reply #687640 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Melbourne definitely dominating the OZ sports scene at the moment... So much success, but a-League need to get VRA more accurate..

Reply #687652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Or to be more accurate VAR. Amateur hour by the FFA contracted tech partner.

Reply #687663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you believe the A-League story.
Ignoring the fact they had no footage but the broadcaster did.
Like they couldn't have just used Fox footage?

Sounds to me like the A-League messed up, know they messed up but refusing to take the responsibility.

Reply #687669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly. Use Fox footage as backup. Especially since Fox footage is replayed on the big screens in the stadium, the VAR referees could've just looked up at those. What a joke. Newcastle potentially robbed.

Reply #687694 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:27 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754