RJ
Years ago

Funny 2005 Junior Girl's Semi-Finals Preview

For reasons some would be aware of this is going to be short and sweet. Hopefully I can have more luck with my tips then last week.

12 Girls 1:
SF1 (6:15 Marion Crt.1) Southern (3) v South (5)
The Panthers form continued last week with their narrow win over North 29-24. Despite the fact they struggled v Sturt last week, the Tigers still represent a much tougher challenge then the Rockets. While I think they'll be pushed early Southern should get the win.
SF2 (7:15 Marion Crt.2) Forestville (1) v Sturt (2)
Another match-up of the titans of the grade. Clearly the two biggest and deepest teams in the competition these two teams have battled away in some big games in 2005. This semi should be no different and I'll stick with the minor premiers to narrowly make their way straight into the Grand Final.

14 Girls 1:
SF1 (6:00 DHD Crt.1) Forestville (3) v Southern (4)
Four teams are left and any of them could end up premiers. Two hard, tough semis await and the Eagles and Tigers have already shown this year they're capable of producing a high standard contest. My heart says the Tigers and coach Balfour will get one back from the Eagles but I'm going with Nagy's girls to once again have just enough for a win.
SF2 (7:15 DHD Crt.1) North (1) v Sturt (2)
Two teams bound for a National Championships battle for a spot in the local Grand Final. Sturt come off a tough 33-27 win over the Eagles last weekend while the Rockets enjoyed the bye. Much may depend on the big guns from both sides and with that in mind I'm going to go out on a limb and tip the Sabres in a bit of an upset.

16 Girls 1:
SF1 (7:15 DHD Crt.3) West (3) v Eastern (4)
The Mavs win over the Eagles last week surprised me a little but they clearly have talent as well as probably the #1 scoring option in this grade. That said the Bearcats have a tough leader as well and add to that their extra size which should get them over the line.
SF2 (6:00 DHD Crt.3) North (1) v Norwood (2)
Two teams that have continued a strong rivalry all year meet once more in post season action. Plenty of players with Nationals experience will be on show but despite my partiality to this Flames group the Rockets had last weekend off for a reason and should get the win Friday night.

18 Girls 1:
SF1 (8:30 DHD 1) Eastern (3) v Norwood (5)
Well, will the Flames still be on a high from last week, and if so will it be enough to compete with the Mavs? Eastern were disapoointing last week yet only lost out in the last couple of minutes and I doubt they'll be too greatly challenged by the surprising Flames.
SF2 (9:45 DHD 1) North (1) v Forestville (2)
Injury will mean both teams will probably be missing starters but the Eagles showed last week even without two of their starting quintet they could still play an impressive style of basketball. The constant double-teaming efforts of in particular Newley and Alexander helped keep the Mavs off their game and some better decision making down the stretch got them the win. North are a different proposition and coach McKay definately knows what it takes to win and I'm tipping they'll get up in this one.

21 Women 1:
SF1 (10:00 Port Crt.1) 10:00, OUCH!! Sturt (2) v Forestville (4) I'll say it again, the least respected Division One Competition and also the hardest to predict. Sturt failed me while the Eagles over-achieved (IMO) last Friday. They've had some tough battles this year but I'm tipping the experience of players like Chapple and Jolly will be enough to keep the Sabres alive.
SF2 (8:45 Port Crt.1) Norwood (1) v West (3)
Norwood's depth has been too much for everyone to handle in 2005 and while West were impressive last week I don't see how they'll have enough to stop Stark, Wanita Henderson ;) and company from going straight into the Final.

Boys to come ....

Topic #4327 | Report this topic

westside homie  
Years ago

good job

Reply #50230 | Report this post

RJ's Groupie  
Years ago

Awesome effort RJ. Can't wait for the boys. Any div. 2 predictions?

Reply #50257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anybody have tips on the div 2s

Reply #50267 | Report this post

RJ Wannabe  
Years ago

give us your tips, we all know you talk yourselves up on the school thread anyway.

Here's my tips, TCP to goose step his way to their first loss, after proudly declaring they are the team to beat.

Coach Flynn to have a breakdown following the loss of key personnell, Port Power, and finally this game.

Dave's team to lose by 20 (dave having no impact)

Shaun to get benched for mouthing off, and his team narrowly escape with a win (or is he in TCP team)?

#50 to drop 30 in a losing team, as the rest of the players try to run their mouth (and individual game) at the expense of the team (which i heard was made up of 14 div 2 players.)

Keep up the good work RJ! Someday i hope to have knowledge like you!

Reply #50283 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Hey RJ- tipping Sturt are we, hmm, something against Forestville do we have? Is it a problem with eagles people, or not enough faith, even though they displayed awesome talent last week?? ;)

Reply #50321 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Eagles let me down at State Champs so I'd have plenty of reason to have no faith. BUT in the 21 girls the decision was easy, especially after last week.

No Herring = No Forestville. Sturt to win :-)

Reply #50322 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Hey RJ- herring can play- game is now at 715 port adelaide. Bring it on!

Reply #50330 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

RJ,

Fantastic preview! And you even got a ball for it!

In my opinion, you should have also got one for the post about me and blonde North chicks!

Reply #50338 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Quiet one,

Good to hear you get to play and coach. Guess I'll have to rethink my tip of Sturt beating your Eagles now. Hmmmm actually, maybe not.

Go SABRES!!!

Reply #50415 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Fighting words RJ- too bad u cant fight!

Reply #50458 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Dont worry, I'll still open your chocolate bars for you!!

Reply #50459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:39 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754